McChrystal Says He's Talked With Obama Once Since Taking Afghanistan Command

Yea and if this President had an (R) by his name these same Hopey Changey Sheep here defending the indefensible would be up on their high horses screeching about incompetence and neglect. The Liberal Press would be screeching their displeasure over this 24/7 as well. That's why i always say that all people need to become Independents and stop being slaves to either party. These Hopey Changey Sheep really do look pretty ignorant continuing to defend the indefensible.

Personally, I am still pissed that George W. Bush didn't personally solicit my wise counsel when I was in a Platoon Leader in Afghanistan. Not even once!

What kind of slacker-ass President doesn't see it necessary to listen to his LTs in the field?

True dat! For some reason, Reagan ...and then Clinton failed to consult me about our ASW tactics and situation as the Soviet Union began to fall apart. Not even once did they talk with me!!!

What the fuck? Obviously our presidents are all fucked up.

chain of command. Ever heard of it?

i wonder who the chain of command is in determining where the olympics will be held??? Could it be our omnipotent leader himself?? The master of community organizors??? The wanna be leader of the world, because just being president of the u.s is not a big enough job for such a brilliant, charasmatic leader, that iran is firing off misiles to celebrate his job as leader of the free world and president of the u.s.:lol::lol:

deflection alert! Deflection alert! Batten down the hatches!!!!

Yea and if this President had an (R) by his name these same Hopey Changey Sheep here defending the indefensible would be up on their high horses screeching about incompetence and neglect. The Liberal Press would be screeching their displeasure over this 24/7 as well. That's why i always say that all people need to become Independents and stop being slaves to either party. These Hopey Changey Sheep really do look pretty ignorant continuing to defend the indefensible.

That's a two way street, chimpy.

In fact, I suspect that about 99% of the criticism directed at Obama from the right has simply been "turnabout for how W. was treated".

Very mature.

You omit that fact that those of us who detest Bush have legitimate reasons that exceed party politics. Bush had my full support and gratitude until Iraq (not when things turned badly in Iraq, but from when he started the build up. I knew it would be train wreck).

But for Iraq, I would be a Bush supporter right now. That was the most egregious, inane, and idiotic move ever.

I am surprised a Paulite would have a hard time grasping this.

I don't remember in the 8 years of Bush anyone making complaints about the number of times Bush consulted his field generals. Do you?

Personally, I am still pissed that George W. Bush didn't personally solicit my wise counsel when I was in a Platoon Leader in Afghanistan. Not even once!

What kind of slacker-ass President doesn't see it necessary to listen to his LTs in the field?

True dat! For some reason, Reagan ...and then Clinton failed to consult me about our ASW tactics and situation as the Soviet Union began to fall apart. Not even once did they talk with me!!!

What the fuck? Obviously our presidents are all fucked up.

Well, can you just imagine their oversight? :eek: :eusa_whistle:

I don't remember in the 8 years of Bush anyone making complaints about the number of times Bush consulted his field generals. Do you?
McCrystal is not a "field general". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

McCrystal is not a "field general". :rolleyes:

Oh, now you are going to play "sharpshooter", despite displaying a complete ignorance of how the military works?

Oh yes you can bet if this President had an (R) by his name,the Hopey Changey Boot-Lickers over at Liberal Media frauds like CNN (Communist News Network),NBC,NY Slimes,CBS,ABC,and a whole slew of others would be up on their high horses every day screeching about terrible incompetence and arrogance. Hardly a peep out of these same people today. Just more Liberal dishonesty & hypocrisy. :(

Last edited:

In fact, I suspect that about 99% of the criticism directed at Obama from the right has simply been "turnabout for how W. was treated".

Very mature.

You omit that fact that those of us who detest Bush have legitimate reasons that exceed party politics. Bush had my full support and gratitude until Iraq (not when things turned badly in Iraq, but from when he started the build up. I knew it would be train wreck).

But for Iraq, I would be a Bush supporter right now. That was the most egregious, inane, and idiotic move ever.

I didn't like move into Iraq but I was active duty at the time so I supported my CinC's decision. Once it became clear to me that they had no idea what they were doing Bush lost me.

So what? Is McCrystal in the oval office daily? And are there not people responsible for informing the president? You know like how they warned Bush about al queda planning to hurt us and required observation? Do you mean like that?

Do you think the commander and chief knows where to find the general in charge?
Which al queda cell was Bush supposed to watch?

Very mature.

I didn't like move into Iraq but I was active duty at the time so I supported my CinC's decision. Once it became clear to me that they had no idea what they were doing Bush lost me.

I was AD too, but I knew it would be a disaster. Even with that, the Bush administration exceeded all my expectations for stupidity with their handling of the war. I detested that son of a bitch for getting us into that mess, and I'll detest him until the day I die. He who willingly sent young men and women to do what he himself was not willing to do.

The Army knew after Mogadishu that the fight of the future would be against an insurgency in urban terrain. Hence, every regular Army base built MOUT sites and added the training to the METL.

When Chaney said: "we didn't anticipate the insurgency", I knew that fucker was lying. The Army damn well knew what they were getting into. Those fucktards just refused to listen.

So I find any comparison to the way Bush did things as hilarious.

Oh, now you are going to play "sharpshooter", despite displaying a complete ignorance of how the military works?
And still, McChrystal is not a "field general".

Whatever, the point was obvious to anyone who is not a jackass or dull.

McChrystal is the commanding general of the troops in the field.

How about that?
Not quite, but you might find some good info on the NATO site about McChrystal.

And still, McChrystal is not a "field general".

How about that?

McChrystal's current job description:

Commander, International Security Assistance Force/Commander, United States Forces Afghanistan,
OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM, Afghanistan

ISAF Who's Who

Which sounds pretty much the same as what we've been saying. So I have no idea where your rhetorical circle jerk is going.

When i saw McChrystal on 60 Minutes i couldn't help thinking that this man would actually make a much better President than our current one. He seems like a very intelligent and common sense thinking man. He is also clearly more informed and cares more about our kids over there than our current President does. Can we swap them out? Just a thought anyway.

How about that?

McChrystal's current job description:

Commander, International Security Assistance Force/Commander, United States Forces Afghanistan,
OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM, Afghanistan

ISAF Who's Who

Which sounds pretty much the same as what we've been saying. So I have no idea where your rhetorical circle jerk is going.
Yup. And the President has conferred with him once.

But it is just as reasonable to conclude that someone with such intentions would be doing PRECISELY what this Marxist fuck is doing... raising the threashold of US troops to justifiably engage those known to them to be hostile... stalling to make decisions critical to the success of that mission and overtly sympathizing and treating with the enemy with whom those troops are engaged...

We've allowed the forces of tolerance and compassion to set us up kids... they've bankrupted our economy and are in the process of making it impossible for our military to EFFECTIVELY enage the enemy.

We have been in Afghanistan for EIGHT YEARS but only now have we reached a critical juncture in the success or failure of this mission. Is that your contention?
Got a clue for you the "Mission" failed years ago when OBL slipped away in Tora Bora.
As far as the destruction of the Economy we all know what Administration oversaw that debacle.

We (cross that, our MILITARY troops) have done an amazing job in Iraq. It has given us an example to follow. Why not use it in Afganistan (where we have been politically polite with other nations as partners)? If we send in OUR guys, and it works, that means VICTORY (a country of people seeing that terrorism doesn't pay). Why not use a method that has worked in an area that is similar (not identical) to Iraq?

Continuing to blame the previous administration for the current failings is showing inexperience and the inability to cope with the job. Can you give us a date that YOU will hold the present commander and chief accountable, or will you use the racist standard of "he isn't prepared because he was raised differently"? He IS the commander and chief and he needs to take the responsibility and be "the man".

Forum List

Back