McCain pollster predicts massive turnout

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
McCain pollster predicts massive turnout - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Bill McInturff thinks that voting is going to be historic with 130 million people, thinks that there is going to be a massive African American vote and a massive youth vote and thinks that with that, there will be a massive uneducated, white american vote who will go towards McCain.

So basically, McCain's strategy is relying on dumb people who barely pay attention to the news and have little to no education.

With that in mind, I would like to now propose a landslide victory in the popular vote for Obama. Who are these uneducated people going to vote for? Who's getting more press coverage? Who is the man responsible for this massive turnout? Obama. McInturff's body language on MSNBC was very uncomfortable... his tone of voice was very high, he kept squirming in his chair, the movement of his hands was him trying to explain something that he knew didn't make much sense. I call BS on this and I will state here and now John McCain's pollster is LYING.

He's also saying the Pew research poll and Quinnipeac have a liberal bias to them because they have Obama in double digits over McCain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBLnwMbYmUw]YouTube - Conservatives for Change[/ame]

DavidS I think you are really getting nervous about the outcome of this election. Your posts used to be calm cool and collected, but in the last three days you have progressively degenerate to the point of almost ranting.

Try to tamp down your frustration, your not helping your candidate this way.

Uh, these weren't my words. These were the words of McCain's pollster.

no, they weren't. his words were McInturff said these gains have come from “Non-college men,” “Rural voters, both men and women, “Right-to-life voters” and “soft Democrats.”

“[O]ur long identified target of ‘Walmart women’ – those women without a college degree in households under $60,000 a year in income are also swinging back solidly in our direction,” he wrote“[O]ur long identified target of ‘Walmart women’ – those women without a college degree in households under $60,000 a year in income are also swinging back solidly in our direction,” he wrote..

that's directly from your link.

now maybe you believe that people without college degrees are uneducated, but you need to own up to it and not put your words in someone else's mouth and then lie about it.

show me in the article... the ONLY mention of the word "uneducated" in the article is in the message board add on messages at the bottom

nice try though

If you actually READ my post, you'll see I was talking about body language, which meant I saw him on TV. He said that on MSNBC.

it made the news. it was in YOUR link that YOU lied about.

don't hold your breath waiting for an apology nor to be taken seriously.

Once again, the pollster was on with Chuck Todd about 30 minutes ago on MSNBC. He said the word uneducated.

no, they weren't. his words were McInturff said these gains have come from “Non-college men,” “Rural voters, both men and women, “Right-to-life voters” and “soft Democrats.”

“[O]ur long identified target of ‘Walmart women’ – those women without a college degree in households under $60,000 a year in income are also swinging back solidly in our direction,” he wrote“[O]ur long identified target of ‘Walmart women’ – those women without a college degree in households under $60,000 a year in income are also swinging back solidly in our direction,” he wrote..

that's directly from your link.

now maybe you believe that people without college degrees are uneducated, but you need to own up to it and not put your words in someone else's mouth and then lie about it.

he also said they're "downscale, rural voters who voted two to one for george bush over john kerry" and that normally, these people wouldn't vote. his presumption is that every single undecided voter is going to go to mccain. That exceeds the ratio in the 2000 and 2004 election.

do i think he's right that most of the undecideds will break for mccain? yes. but not 100%. his presumption is also that the race is "functionally tied" (which is a bogus designation) and not a valid assessment).

he's also betting that new voters are going to vote at the same rate as in 2004... again, that's pure wishful thinking and has no basis.

DavidS I think you are really getting nervous about the outcome of this election. Your posts used to be calm cool and collected, but in the last three days you have progressively degenerate to the point of almost ranting.

Try to tamp down your frustration, your not helping your candidate this way.

Better yet add him to your ignore list. :D

Nah...I like David well enough. There are a lot of folks on here who's opinions I respect, even tho we disagree.
I know my side isn't always right and the opposition isn't always wrong.

The hard part is separating the wheat from the chaff. :)

I've Pos Rep'd both of you in the last 24 hours :thup:

.​

Last edited:
Nah...I like David well enough. There are a lot of folks on here who's opinions I respect, even tho we disagree.
I know my side isn't always right and the opposition isn't always wrong.

The hard part is separating the wheat from the chaff. :)

I've Pos Rep'd both of you in the last 24 hours :thup:

.​

I prefer exchanging posts with those who do not agree with me. I simply refuse to deal with those who make personal insults. For awhile David was great to exchange info and ideas with but then he got personal so I cut him off. I don't find that kind of thing enjoyable. But, yes, I love a healthy debate and back and forth on issues, info, etc.

[youtube]pPS5jKEGFNg[/youtube]

Ok, so officially he said "downscale, less well-educated voters."

That's who he thinks is going to decide this election. The idiots. The rednecks. The budweiser drinkers.

What a sad day for America and the world if that happens. No wonder Bush never did anything for education. Republicans admit stupid people vote for them and smart people don't.

Forum List

Back