Mayor Emanuel?

Looks like it. Nothing surprises me in Chicagoland. The Democrats have thoroughly destroyed that once great city. What is Daley's legacy? His legacy is that he created one of the most dangerous & failed Third World Nightmares in the world. Rahm Emanuel is a corrupt & evil man. I'm sure he will continue Daley's destruction of Chicago. So why do people in Chicago continue voting for Democrats? It's just so sad & bizarre.

Have you actually been to Chicago? In the last 10 years?

Those were the questions that popped into my head after reading that, too.

Looks like it. Nothing surprises me in Chicagoland. The Democrats have thoroughly destroyed that once great city. What is Daley's legacy? His legacy is that he created one of the most dangerous & failed Third World Nightmares in the world. Rahm Emanuel is a corrupt & evil man. I'm sure he will continue Daley's destruction of Chicago. So why do people in Chicago continue voting for Democrats? It's just so sad & bizarre.

Have you actually been to Chicago? In the last 10 years? If so, you'd realize how dumb your statement really is. 'Destroyed the once great city". Ha! This city has come A LONG way in the last 25 years and is a fantastic city. It's far from perfect, with high crime on the south and west sides but those sections of the city are almost a different world from the rest of Chicago. Chicago is one of the best, if not best, city in this country in terms of balancing cost of living, public transportation, culture, dining, nightlife, medical services, schools, public parks, etc...

might I suggest then that mayor ala Giuliani hire a police chief and institute reforms that will stop some of the weekend bloodbaths that occur. West side east side whatever.

The fact he is thinking about running for this position Says a lot about him. The position of Mayor of Chicago has long be called the single most corrupted Political Position in America.

He should feel right at home.

Oh and yes I have been to Chicago MANY times in the past 10 years. :)

Emanuel is as corrupt & evil as they come. He will only continue Daley's legacy of thoroughly destroying Chicago. What the Democrats have done to Chicago is just plain sad. I still don't get why the people of Chicago have voted for Democrats for so long. Man,they've become gluttons for punishment for sure. It really is weird.

I still disagree about Daley "thoroughly destroying Chicago." I grew up in and around the city and have spent most of my life there. Moved to west Michigan in '94, but shortly thereafter bought a condo downtown because we go back so often to visit. So I've never really been disconnected from Chicago, and that's why I don't get your take. Perhaps you could give some examples of what exactly Daley has destroyed?

To understand why the people of Chicago support Democrats you have to understand the system, the Democratic machine.

First of all you've got God knows how many legitimate jobs on the city payroll...cops, fire dept., streets and sanitation, and dozens and dozens of other city departments that combined employ thousands and thousands of people. Then you've also got a lot of not so legitimate jobs known as the patronage army, people appointed to various paying positions by elected officials, many of whom collect nice paychecks for actually doing very little work.

So come election time there's this huge base of thousands of employees and patronage folks. And however big that is, it's really much much bigger when the families are layered into it. The machine has ingrained in these people, over decades and decades spanning generations (Ritchie Daley, his dad, and the guys before him) that your job is dependent on the Dems keeping control of the city. If others end up in charge, who knows what cuts they're likely to make? So everyone knows it's in their best interest to support the machine's candidates. And that's where the families kick in too. After all, nobody wants to see brother Joe, sister Suzy, uncle Pete, grandpa John, aunt Sally, or whomever lose their job if the right people don't get elected, so tons of relatives - or friends too - jump in to help out. And that's how it works. Been that way for a very long time and not likely to change any time soon.

Chicago is one of the most dangerous Third World nightmares in the entire world. I see some are still living in denial over this but that's ok with me. Like i said,i don't have to live there so i'm good. Daley's legacy is that he created that horrific Third World mess in Chicago. So i stand by my belief that the Democrats have destroyed that once great city. Hey if people in Chicago want to keep voting for Democrats,that's their right but i wouldn't advise it. Btw,i have travelled to Chicago on several occasions. It's not the worst Big City mess in the world but it's getting close.

Chicago is one of the most dangerous Third World nightmares in the entire world. I see some are still living in denial over this but that's ok with me. Like i said,i don't have to live there so i'm good. Daley's legacy is that he created that horrific Third World mess in Chicago. So i stand by my belief that the Democrats have destroyed that once great city. Hey if people in Chicago want to keep voting for Democrats,that's their right but i wouldn't advise it. Btw,i have travelled to Chicago on several occasions. It's not the worst Big City mess in the world but it's getting close.

Well if I'm in denial you're just plain ignorant.

Next trip walk around downtown or in neighborhoods like Wrigleyville, Old Town, Little Italy, Near North, Lincoln Park, River North, etc. where I do all the time without the slightest concern about safety. The dangerous areas today have been dangerous areas for decades now, ghetto neighborhoods full of ghetto folks.

Anyway, stand by your beliefs all you want. Folks who know Chicago will dismiss them though.

Forum List

Back