Mayor De Blasio Has It Right On Charter Schools

Progressives hate black who are trying to get off of the Democrat Plantation. This is when the Democrats miss the KKK.

Rightwingers throw away tax dollars into failing programs and open them up to theft of public funds. This was once an accusation leveled at liberals. Sure your not a liberal?

Public schools are the biggest waste of tax dollars; it's supporting Intellectual Pedophilia

I'll bet the teacher who jacked off in the Hall is still employed as a teacher

So, you have nothing. Ok.

De Blasio spent time in Russia. He worked with the Sandanistas and sided with the Palestinians against Israelis. He's a hardened communist in my opinion. He's not my cup of tea.

The Yeshiva World Was Bill de Blasio Aware Of The Sandinistas/PLO Joint War Against Israel? « » Frum Jewish NewsMr. de Blasio brushed off the criticism, defending his support for the Sandinistas at the time and offering no regrets for his past activity as opposed to US Foreign Policy.

“I think the U.S. policies at that time were wrong. This is something I’ve been open about for years.,” he said in an interview with PIX11. “I was very proud to be involved in that work because I think the United States funding the Contra forces in Central America, intervening in other countries — I think that was bad policy.

“That was Reagan-Bush policy that was failed and the fact is, people in this country turned against it.”

While criticizing Reagen’s foreign policy and its intervening in other countries, Mr. de Blasio did not make public the fact that the Sandinistas regime had an intimate relationship with the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) headed by none other than Yassar Arafat, at the same time Mr. de Blasio was supporting the regime. The PLO was considered by the United States and Israel to be a terrorist organization until the Madrid Conference in 1991.

In fact, Nicarague was the first country in Central America to give the PLO (a terrorist group) diplomatic representation. “We are together, your enemies are our enemies, your friends are ours, and if you suffer aggression, we will fight on your side.” said Yasser Arafat at the opening of the new mission of the Palestine Liberation Organization in the Nicaraguan capital of Managua, in 1980.

In 1985, President Reagan, in a hard-hitting address to some 60 legislators from the Western Hemisphere, mostly from Latin America, charged there is a “new danger in Central America” from the support given Nicaragua`s Sandinistas for subversion of its neighbors by Libya, the Palestine Liberation Organization and Iran.

“Sandinistas have been attacking their neighbors since August 1979,” he said. “A new danger we see in Central America is the support being given the Sandinistas by Colonel (Moammar) Khadafy`s Libya, the PLO and most recently (Ayatollah) Khomeini`s Iran.”

con't on the link

Which makes Eva Markowits lack of transparency, temper tantrums, forced marches, and the funding formula ok in your book.

De Blasio quickly brought some perspective to the discussion by relating some facts that clearly demonstrated his even-handedness – some would even say deference – to charter schools co-locating in existing public schools. As education historian Diane Ravitch verified in her Huffington Post column the same day, “The new mayor, having inherited 45 co-locations, decided to approve 36 of them.”

Regarding new charter school applications, “of 17 charter schools that applied, 14 were approved,” and the charter chain operated by Moskowitz, Success Academy, won five out of the eight new schools it wanted.

Does that sound anti-charter to you?

...Targeting Poor Kids For Funding Cuts

Of course, the experience of attending a dilapidated school is not universal. The SEIU study found that schools in the most impoverished Census tracts in the city were in the worst condition. “The higher the percentage of students who qualify for free or reduced price meals, the worse the condition of the facility.”

In fact, discriminating against the schools poor children attend is a national condition. Yet another recent study, also reported by Education Week, found state governments have responded to recent budget recoveries by still being stingy with school funding, “with about half the states making cuts and 14 spending less in 2011 than in 2007.”

But more alarming, “most states did not allot more money for high-poverty districts,” with only 14 states funding high-poverty districts at higher rates than low-poverty districts. In other words, most states now give school districts that need money the most, the least, while schools with more well to do kids are left better off, in general.

Among the grossest offenders, the Morning Joe crew may have been interested to learn, was the state of New York and governor Cuomo.

Lead author of the report cited above, Rutgers professor Bruce Baker, looked at funding inequities in New York and found schools serving high percentages of impoverished children and needing the most help from the state are “screwed.” And he contended, “Current leadership in New York State has done little to really help – and arguably much to hurt” the schools serving the state’s poorest children.

Baker, in another post, found fault with Cuomo’s leadership in particular, stating Cuomo “a) has deprived districts in some cases of over $6,000 per pupil in state aid they are supposed to get, and b) has imposed local tax limits that prohibit those districts from even partially closing the gap the state – the Governor – has created for them.”

Baker concluded, “What the New York public should NOT tolerate, is a Governor and Legislature who refuse to provide sufficient resources to high need schools and then turn around and blame the schools and communities for their own failures. (all the while, protecting billions of dollars in separate aid programs that drive funds to wealthy districts).”

Mayor De Blasio Has It Right On Charter Schools

Cuomo really is a sad case. All of that propaganda doesn't hide what is really going on.

Lol, you get your check from the teacher's union for this post?

Seriously. He has it right but for the wrong reason.

Who has it right and what is the right reason?

Charter schools are inherently put in a difficult situation simply by being granted a charter. The purpose of a charter school may be to explore different ways of teaching, address a unique demographic (dropouts and older students), or provide education that is geared to a specific educational objective (e.g., performing arts). But their "success" must be measured - in most states - under the same criteria as students in conventional schools. Therefore, it is not surprising that many charter schools do not produce the kind of results that give their supporters ammunition to continue promoting charter schools. If a kid learns a great deal about music but not much about math or history, he and his parents may be thrilled by the charter school experience, but the state and school district may consider that the charter school accomplished nothing for that kid.

Therefore, the "success" of charter schools must be measured not only by the results of standardized tests, but by whether the intended objectives have been met or exceeded, despite mediocre test scores.

Superimposing the Democrat/Union factor on decisions to revoke a charter or remove a charter school from an existing school facility means that no simple answers are possible.

I think it's easier just to assume that DeBlasio is a communist subversive, out to screw anyone and any thing that conflicts with his program of converting New York into a cultural duplicate of Cuba.

So there are lawsuits, but I don't see a decision here.

And how does this involve the on the ground charters in NYC?

And again, how accountable are regular public schools? How successful are lawsuits against them? Oh right, they claim governmental immunity.

The first link is the lawsuit from Eva Moskowitz to avoid transparency. Public schools don't have governmental immunity. That's ridiculous. Most of your SC decisions involving education stem from lawsuits. You made that up.

Further, your public schools have to take everyone. When you destroy the funding, they are crippled. You know that. They have to abide by the rules. Charter schools apparently don't.

There is no "destroying of funding" going on here. NYC DOE schools are still among the most expensive per pupil in the nation, and still get shitty results.

Maybe governmental immunity is the wrong word, what they lack is any accountability. The only way to change the DOE is to change the mayor. Charters can be revoked the instant they are not performing as required. When DOE tried to "shut down" a few high schools (really all they are doing is removing all the existing staff and bringing in new staff) they got sued by all sorts of unions to stop it.

"Therefore, the "success" of charter schools must be measured not only by the results of standardized tests, but by whether the intended objectives have been met or exceeded, despite mediocre test scores."

Poor reasoning. Test scores are the only standard that those who scream and whine about more accountability want. If you were so lucky that I were in charge

1). We would be teaching solely to the test. Schools would be told exactly what to teach according to what is on the test. No more no less.

2). Charter schools would be held up to these standards and would never be allowed to expel a student or refuse to take a student no matter what. If you are going to receive my tax dollars then you accept all who apply even if they prove to be a total disruption. They must be provided an education. Its the law even if they totally disrupt the learning situation.

Poor reasoning? Judging by your post you are substituting NO reasoning.

It is the mainstream schools that are "teaching to the test." You send you kid to a charter school EXACTLY BECAUSE THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT. You want a different focus.

So measuring kids based on the same standardized tests as everyone else is perverse.

Rightwingers throw away tax dollars into failing programs and open them up to theft of public funds. This was once an accusation leveled at liberals. Sure your not a liberal?

Public schools are the biggest waste of tax dollars; it's supporting Intellectual Pedophilia

I'll bet the teacher who jacked off in the Hall is still employed as a teacher

So, you have nothing. Ok.

Did the discipline you for your rude behavior in the hallway or are you back in the classroom teaching?

De Blasio spent time in Russia. He worked with the Sandanistas and sided with the Palestinians against Israelis. He's a hardened communist in my opinion. He's not my cup of tea.

The Yeshiva World Was Bill de Blasio Aware Of The Sandinistas/PLO Joint War Against Israel? « » Frum Jewish NewsMr. de Blasio brushed off the criticism, defending his support for the Sandinistas at the time and offering no regrets for his past activity as opposed to US Foreign Policy.

“I think the U.S. policies at that time were wrong. This is something I’ve been open about for years.,” he said in an interview with PIX11. “I was very proud to be involved in that work because I think the United States funding the Contra forces in Central America, intervening in other countries — I think that was bad policy.

“That was Reagan-Bush policy that was failed and the fact is, people in this country turned against it.”

While criticizing Reagen’s foreign policy and its intervening in other countries, Mr. de Blasio did not make public the fact that the Sandinistas regime had an intimate relationship with the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) headed by none other than Yassar Arafat, at the same time Mr. de Blasio was supporting the regime. The PLO was considered by the United States and Israel to be a terrorist organization until the Madrid Conference in 1991.

In fact, Nicarague was the first country in Central America to give the PLO (a terrorist group) diplomatic representation. “We are together, your enemies are our enemies, your friends are ours, and if you suffer aggression, we will fight on your side.” said Yasser Arafat at the opening of the new mission of the Palestine Liberation Organization in the Nicaraguan capital of Managua, in 1980.

In 1985, President Reagan, in a hard-hitting address to some 60 legislators from the Western Hemisphere, mostly from Latin America, charged there is a “new danger in Central America” from the support given Nicaragua`s Sandinistas for subversion of its neighbors by Libya, the Palestine Liberation Organization and Iran.

“Sandinistas have been attacking their neighbors since August 1979,” he said. “A new danger we see in Central America is the support being given the Sandinistas by Colonel (Moammar) Khadafy`s Libya, the PLO and most recently (Ayatollah) Khomeini`s Iran.”

con't on the link

Which makes Eva Markowits lack of transparency, temper tantrums, forced marches, and the funding formula ok in your book.

Let's ask Eva's students and their parents what they think, hmmmmkay?

con't on the link

Let's ask Eva's students and their parents what they think, hmmmmkay?

Let's ask the other charter schools and follow the money, hmmkay?

Muslims: Halal Lunches in School are a Constitutional Right

March 19, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

halal-slaughter1-450x300.jpg

First Bill de Blasio provided special privileges to Muslims by adding Muslim, but not Hindu or Buddhist holidays, to the school calendar. During the Democratic primaries, he promised Muslims that he would bring Halal meals to city schools.

Now the Muslims are making their demands known. In a city with the largest Jewish population in the country, Kosher meals are not served in city schools. But as usual, Muslims are special and their sense of entitlement knows no bounds.

Marge Feinberg, another spokeswoman for the city’s Department of Education, added that the schools’ menus include vegetarian dishes. “Our kitchens and our kitchen staff are not equipped for specialty meat requirements,” she said. “We have a variety of non-meat options for children.”

But for labor leader Maf Misbha Uddin, the District Council 37 treasurer and founding president of Alliance of South Asian Association of Labor (ASAAL), halal food is not an issue of demand or will, but of religious freedom.

“I feel that serving halal food in school is our constitutional right since the constitution has ensured equal rights for all religious groups and ensured the observance of religion without any obstacle,” said Uddin, whose five children grew up in the city and never ate school lunches because halal menu choices were unavailable.

More problematically, many Halal certifying organizations are linked to the Muslim Brotherhood or other terrorist and hate groups.

New Yorkers should not be forced to subsidize Muslim terrorism by Islamist pressure groups using their kids as human shields. Those kids aren’t starving in a corner somewhere as their lying parents would have you believe, they’re stuffing their faces with pizza and french fries.

Muslims: Halal Lunches in School are a Constitutional Right | FrontPage Magazine

Forum List

Back