Maybe It's Me, But ......

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
...... they kept showing al-Zawahiri ranting his butt off on the news last night and I just couldn't really see him. All I saw was an "X" ring superimposed over his face with the "X" at the bridge of his nose.

...... they kept showing al-Zawahiri ranting his butt off on the news last night and I just couldn't really see him. All I saw was an "X" ring superimposed over his face with the "X" at the bridge of his nose.

Your last eye exam was? Psych exam? :laugh:

Spotter scope.

Scary, isn't it?

Lord help the enemy if they EVER let Senior NCOs call the shots. There won't be any more wars because there'll be no one left to kill.
It just might be a better world and US military! :salute:

I'd sign back up for that sarge.........:rock:

I will hold back on posting my immediate reaction and attempt to be civil about this, not knowing what branch of service you served in.

"Sarge" is a demeaning term in the Army, and a complete "no-no" in the Marines. I'd as soon be called "asshole." At least I'm used to THAT.;)

I will hold back on posting my immediate reaction and attempt to be civil about this, not knowing what branch of service you served in.

"Sarge" is a demeaning term in the Army, and a complete "no-no" in the Marines. I'd as soon be called "asshole." At least I'm used to THAT.;)

Well you be a lovable asshole to me. :laugh: j/k

As has been indicated, sarge is just a wee bit derogatory in Army circles. Corporal, Sergeant or Sergeant Major covers the NCO ranks pretty well. If you holler "ASSHOLE", every NCO any where nearby will think you are talking to them.

As has been indicated, sarge is just a wee bit derogatory in Army circles. Corporal, Sergeant or Sergeant Major covers the NCO ranks pretty well. If you holler "ASSHOLE", every NCO any where nearby will think you are talking to them.

I guess I must of served in a "different" Army, cause Sarge WASN'T taken in a negative sense.

I called my NCOIC, Sarge ,everyday, didn't seem to bother him.:dunno:

Course, I was only a Spec 4, maybe the noncom's forgave us.:D

I served, in the US Army, from Sept. of '65 till June of "68, got an "early out", and received my honorable discharge in New York.:beer:

Forum List

Back