Zone1 Maui Fire Charity

I would take the baby and raise it. You don't know shit so I'd shut the fuck up. Get back to the topic in zone 1 and the TOS you have violated.
Read the posts in this thread. I don't think one response is on topic. Including your troll posts.

Because Trump--and others--aren't. Although I suspect President Trump (and others) do donate to the Red Cross.
The left is pretty busy trying to tap into Trump's bank account with bogus indictments. But none of us knows for sure what charities Trump supports. He used to give to St. Jude's Children's hospital.

Nevertheless, none of us should determine what charity we will or will not support based on what the next guy does or doesn't do. That's a childish ideology.

Nope, it wasn't off-topic or trolling I was stating a fact.
So your entire philosophy is a "monkey see -- monkey do" philosophy. Since Trump isn't going to give them, I'm not going to give. Very mature.

Nevertheless, none of us should determine what charity we will or will not support based on what the next guy does or doesn't do. That's a childish ideology.
The point being, if one is bothered that someone else is not contributing, it could be a "Here's your sign" moment where one feels he should be contributing. Personally, I agree with those who quietly support charities without having to name or call attention to what they are doing.

The point being, if one is bothered that someone else is not contributing, it could be a "Here's your sign" moment where one feels he should be contributing. Personally, I agree with those who quietly support charities without having to name or call attention to what they are doing.
The Bible supports your assertion that giving should be a quiet and personal thing. But I also believe Christians are called to draw the world's attention to biblical principles. Charity is ignored by millions of humans. Think how great the world would be if everyone on planet earth had a charitable spirit.

My current concern is the wellbeing of the victims of the Maui fire. When I put myself in their shoes, I can't help but feel compassion and a desire to help them.
It is anyone's own decision as to when or whom he wants to help. And it is great to know that there are people who are willing to help with deeds and actions, and not just words - aka Politicians.

The difference between you and me on that subject is, that I refuse to help people- financially - that live in a rich society aka country. It is a countries aka governments duty to help it's citizens in need. And in America unlike e.g. Germany, politicians are very well aware about American citizens willing to help each other - which only emboldens those fuckers to do nothing, but spend the tax-dollars on their golf memberships, salary-raises or burning of billions in some dumb war - thousands of miles away from home.

As such with every well meant financial aid you are indeed helping people in need - however the sum of financial aid accumulated by such actions is never near as to what people in need actually would require - and that required sum is never forwarded by the government, simply due to taking your actions into account and as described above - therefore blowing billions on non required or non-essential issues.

And this mentality applies across the board on all these fuckhead politicians - regardless of their party membership.

As for Biden and Trump we are not in need for a discussion since we both know where we stand in that matter. The same applies to many other issues e.g. those Lefty&Lib scumbags. From what I know about you - you certainly don't need me to tell you as to who to vote for - aside from that you are also old enough to know for yourself.

All I state, from time to time is: I would never vote for, or view a human scumbag as a valid political alternative towards a senile scumbag.

Okay - back to topic. :)

Charity is ignored by millions of humans.
And here is probably the main reason why:

I pay taxes and the govt. is giving to the victims so I have already donated.

The government has done away with charity in favor of "entitlements". The receivers feel entitled and the "givers" feel the government has already picked their pockets of all many would have gladly given.

As a result the government has robbed givers of blessings and receivers any feeling of gratitude/appreciation since after all, the are "entitled".

Government overreach hurts all.

It is anyone's own decision as to when or whom he wants to help. And it is great to know that there are people who are willing to help with deeds and actions, and not just words - aka Politicians.

The difference between you and me on that subject is, that I refuse to help people- financially - that live in a rich society aka country. It is a countries aka governments duty to help it's citizens in need. And in America unlike e.g. Germany, politicians are very well aware about American citizens willing to help each other - which only emboldens those fuckers to do nothing, but spend the tax-dollars on their golf memberships, salary-raises or burning of billions in some dumb war - thousands of miles away from home.

As such with every well meant financial aid you are indeed helping people in need - however the sum of financial aid accumulated by such actions is never near as to what people in need actually would require - and that required sum is never forwarded by the government, simply due to taking your actions into account and as described above - therefore blowing billions on non required or non-essential issues.

And this mentality applies across the board on all these fuckhead politicians - regardless of their party membership.

As for Biden and Trump we are not in need for a discussion since we both know where we stand in that matter. The same applies to many other issues e.g. those Lefty&Lib scumbags. From what I know about you - you certainly don't need me to tell you as to who to vote for - aside from that you are also old enough to know for yourself.

All I state, from time to time is: I would never vote for, or view a human scumbag as a valid political alternative towards a senile scumbag.

Okay - back to topic. :)
I understand various points of view on the subject but it boils down to this (for me):

If I see a fellow human-being suffering (regardless of their social, financial, or political leanings), I feel an obligation to help them in the here and now. None of us will ever know when we can find ourselves in similar situations. If I'm on the street suffering, should I expect someone who makes less money than me walk past me as if I'm not worth helping?

I believe that what we do to help others can return to us ten-fold when we least expect it. Eastern religions call it Karma. But Christianity also teaches us to be givers and helpers of our fellow man.

I'm still having trouble deciphering your posts. I think your point is that when someone suffers great loss, they must have had it coming, and that it's an act of God? I'm guessing that your philosophy is endorsing the idea that folks should stand back in arrogant superiority and look down upon anyone whose lives are destroyed by natural disasters?

your a joke and deceitful - using natural occurrence as an excuse for intentional degradation of the heavenly garden being destroyed by your innocent victims - the heavens, mother nature answers your call and you whimper when you get what you deserve.

your a joke and deceitful - using natural occurrence as an excuse for intentional degradation of the heavenly garden being destroyed by your innocent victims - the heavens, mother nature answers your call and you whimper when you get what you deserve.
You're making no sense. Have a nice weekend.

I understand various points of view on the subject but it boils down to this (for me):

If I see a fellow human-being suffering (regardless of their social, financial, or political leanings), I feel an obligation to help them in the here and now. None of us will ever know when we can find ourselves in similar situations. If I'm on the street suffering, should I expect someone who makes less money than me walk past me as if I'm not worth helping?

I believe that what we do to help others can return to us ten-fold when we least expect it. Eastern religions call it Karma. But Christianity also teaches us to be givers and helpers of our fellow man.
No doubt - we share the same attitude in that regard and in regards of an individual's plight - BUT a natural disaster, e.g a hurricane, a flood or a huge wildfire - needs to be the concern of the government and it's duty to act, and not that of an individual citizen.

One might also say, you are more humane then me - whilst I am more stern than you.

No doubt - we share the same attitude in that regard and in regards of an individual's plight - BUT a natural disaster, e.g a hurricane, a flood or a huge wildfire - needs to be the concern of the government and it's duty to act, and not that of an individual citizen.

One might also say, you are more humane then me - whilst I am more stern than you.
I can be extremely stern (sometimes to a fault).

But I have a feeling that if a flood destroyed half of your town and your house was spared, that you'd be more than willing to help your neighbors who lost everything. Compassion is one facet of the human condition. I'd say that 95% of mankind is in touch with their compassionate nature (from one degree to another). If we see an old lady fall down, we're going to help her up. If a dude in a wheelchair is trying to open the door to a fast food restaurant, we'll open the door for him. If a child is clearly hungry or lost or in distress, we're going to give him/her some food or help in any way we can.

I can be extremely stern (sometimes to a fault).

But I have a feeling that if a flood destroyed half of your town and your house was spared, that you'd be more than willing to help your neighbors who lost everything. Compassion is one facet of the human condition. I'd say that 95% of mankind is in touch with their compassionate nature (from one degree to another). If we see an old lady fall down, we're going to help her up. If a dude in a wheelchair is trying to open the door to a fast food restaurant, we'll open the door for him. If a child is clearly hungry or lost or in distress, we're going to give him/her some food or help in any way we can.
Okay - you are referring to or citing human compassion - beheld by morals and the education we received, e.g. holding open a door, victims of a flood would be welcomed to stay in my home, dress them, feed them. defending a weak person against an obvious lowlife and aggressor etc.

But were $$ come in - that is not necessarily human compassion - it can be a simple tax benefit that someone solely uses to highlight his supposed humanity and generosity, or those who try to reduce their guilt for doing nothing actively - but get off their "neglected moral obligation" via donating some $$. Deriving from a former church practice - why repent and lead a decent life - if one can get off everything with a fee - aka monetary or a materialistic contribution to the church.

And human compassion can't be allowed (IMO) to be misused as a substitute for a governments financial non-action, and thus it's utter neglect towards society.

Forum List

Back