What is Love or rather, What is God like?

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

Firstly, the word 'charity' is agape. Agape is a noun.. The 'love' itself. The verb form of agape is agapao. The 'doing' of 'love'.

3114. makrothumeó
makrothumeó: to persevere, to be patient
Definition: to persevere, to be patient
Usage: I suffer long, have patience, am forbearing, perseverance.

5541. chrésteuomai
Strong's Concordance
chrésteuomai: to be kind
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: chrésteuomai
Phonetic Spelling: (khraste-yoo'-om-ahee)
Definition: to be kind
Usage: I am kind (full of service to others), gentle.

2206. zéloó
Strong's Concordance
zéloó: to be jealous
Transliteration: zéloó
Phonetic Spelling: (dzay-lo'-o)
Definition: to be jealous
Usage: (a) intrans: I am jealous, (b) trans: I am jealous of, with acc. of a person; I am eager for, am eager to possess, with acc. of a thing.

4068. perpereuomai
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
brag
Middle voice from perperos (braggart; perhaps by reduplication of the base of peran); to boast -- vaunt itself.

5448. phusioó
puff up.
From phusis in the primary sense of blowing; to inflate, i.e. (figuratively) make proud (haughty) -- puff up.

807. aschémoneó
behave unseemly.
From askemon; to be (i.e. Act) unbecoming -- behave self uncomely (unseemly).

2212. zéteó
desire, endeavour, seek after. Of uncertain affinity; to seek (literally or figuratively); specially, (by Hebraism) to worship (God), or (in a bad sense) to plot (against life) -- be (go) about, desire, endeavour, enquire (for), require, (X will) seek (after, for, means).

1438. heautou
alone, herself, himself, itself, own
From a reflexive pronoun otherwise obsolete and the genitive case (dative case or accusative case) of autos; him- (her-, it-, them-, also (in conjunction with the personal pronoun of the other persons) my-, thy-, our-, your-) self (selves), etc. -- alone, her (own, -self), (he) himself, his (own), itself, one (to) another, our (thine) own(-selves), + that she had, their (own, own selves), (of) them(-selves), they, thyself, you, your (own, own conceits, own selves, -selves).

3947. paroxunó
easily provoke, stir.
From para and a derivative of oxus; to sharpen alongside, i.e. (figuratively) to exasperate -- easily provoke, stir.

049. logizomai
to account, reckon
Middle voice from logos; to take an inventory, i.e. Estimate (literally or figuratively) -- conclude, (ac-)count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

2556. kakos
bad, evil, harm, ill
Apparently a primary word; worthless (intrinsically, such; whereas poneros properly refers to effects), i.e. (subjectively) depraved, or (objectively) injurious -- bad, evil, harm, ill, noisome, wicked.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

So, God suffer(s) long, ha(s) patience, (IS) forbearing, perseverance
God IS kind (full of service to others), gentle.
God IS eager.. Willing
God does not boast. God does not vaunt.
God does not 'blow' Himself up. God does not inflate Himself. He does not make Himself proud (haughty) -- puffed up.

God does behave (i.e. Act) unbecomingingly -- He does not behave Himself uncomely (unseemly).
God does not seek only for things of Himself: desire, endeavour, seek after. Of uncertain affinity; to seek (literally or figuratively); specially, (by Hebraism) to worship (God), or (in a bad sense) to plot (against life) -- be (go) about, desire, endeavour, enquire (for), require, (X will) seek (after, for, means).

God is not easily provoked. God does not exasperate.

God does not think; to take an inventory, i.e. Estimate (literally or figuratively) -- conclude, (ac-)count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).
wrongs.

God does not 'dwell' on [the] worthless (intrinsically), depraved, or (objectively) injurious -- bad, evil, harm, ill, noisome, wicked.

God does not take delight;
5463. chairó
Strong's Concordance
chairó: to rejoice, be glad
Transliteration: chairó
Phonetic Spelling: (khah'-ee-ro)
Definition: to rejoice, be glad
Usage: I rejoice, am glad; also a salutation: Hail.

or brings to recollection
93. adikia
iniquity, unrighteousness, wrong.

injustice (properly, the quality, by implication, the act); morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act) -- iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong. Even 'legal' issues

God
4796. sugchairó
rejoices with
sympathizes in gladness, congratulates -- rejoices in (with).

however with/of those that are:

truth
truth -- true, X truly, truth, verity.

Last edited:
  • Banned
God beareth all things.
to roof over, i.e. (figuratively) to cover with silence (endure patiently) -- (for-)bear, suffer.

God believes
puts in trust with
has faith with

God hopes
has confidence

God endures
God will remain 'back', God will tarry if needed.

• Banned
Firstly, the word 'charity' is agape. Agape is a noun.. The 'love' itself. The verb form of agape is agapao. The 'doing' of 'love'.

As in charity is....

verus

(J)ohn 21:15 "...Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?"

Forum List

Back