Masturbation

so if i masturbate and think of baseball scores i am not commiting a sin.....

but...

if i have marital bliss with my wife but think of paris hilton i am lusting and thus commiting a sin....

cool thing....go to confession and the slate is clean... :poke:

manu1959 said:
so if i masturbate and think of baseball scores i am not commiting a sin.....

but...

if i have marital bliss with my wife but think of paris hilton i am lusting and thus commiting a sin....

cool thing....go to confession and the slate is clean... :poke:
20 hail Marys for YOU!!! :wank:

gop_jeff said:
I'm just saying that because masturbation leads to lust, which is definitely a sin, then masturbation should be avoided.

Sexual thoughts are natural. Masturbating is also natural. It's just not healthy to walk around with a loaded gun all the time.

Powerman said:
Sexual thoughts are natural. Masturbating is also natural. It's just not healthy to walk around with a loaded gun all the time.

Sexual thoughts may be "natural," but that doesn't mean they are morally correct. In fact, Jesus taught that they are morally incorrect.

And as far as the loaded gun, I have already addressed that in post 13.

gop_jeff said:
Sexual thoughts may be "natural," but that doesn't mean they are morally correct. In fact, Jesus taught that they are morally incorrect.

... in post 13.
Well then, who here or anywhere is moral? Did Jesus not want us to
go forth and multipy (or was a movie line)? Hummm..Boy he screwed up, I guess. :eek2:

Mr. P said:
Well then, who here or anywhere is moral?

Outside of the forgiveness of God, no one.

Did Jesus not want us to go forth and multipy (or was a movie line)? Hummm..Boy he screwed up, I guess. :eek2:

God's command was to go forth and multiply - in other words, make a bunch of kids, and have lots of sex with your wife in the process. :thup: But God never commanded us to lust after people we aren't married to.

gop_jeff said:
Outside of the forgiveness of God, no one.
God's command was to go forth and multiply - in other words, make a bunch of kids, and have lots of sex with your wife in the process. :thup: But God never commanded us to lust after people we aren't married to.

This does not apply to me, but how about the poor bastards who need to think about Tyra Banks in order to get it up for the missus and multiply?
:boobies:

gop_jeff said:

Nocturnal emissions in my opinion are an argument for masturbation. If your body will eventually clean it's own pipes then it must be important. Why not do it yourself. It's called self medication.

gop_jeff said:

It is one of the Ten Commandments that seems to be ingored...

You know the one about Coveting a Neighbor's wife....

Powerman said:
Nocturnal emissions in my opinion are an argument for masturbation. If your body will eventually clean it's own pipes then it must be important. Why not do it yourself. It's called self medication.

If thine eye offend thee then pluck it out....

Anyway, if your body will naturally cleanse itself it would be unnecessary to sin in order to do the same.

Thankfully, being a Buddhist, there is no injunction that I know of against such activity....

gop_jeff said:
Masturbation is not specifically mentioned in the Bible. However, lust is mentioned many times, always as being sinful. And masturbation is almost always accompanied by lustful thoughts, sexual fantasies, etc. So while masturbation may or may not be inherently sinful, the lust that accompanies it is, and so masturbation should be avoided as so not to lust.

When a follower of Jesus ask the "Rabbi" about fornication...Jesus replied:
"It is better to spill the seed into the belly of a whore than to spill the seed upon the ground" whatever or whichever this is worth in this discussion! :scratch:

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
archangel said:
When a follower of Jesus ask the "Rabbi" about fornication...Jesus replied:
"It is better to spill the seed into the belly of a whore than to spill the seed upon the ground" whatever or whichever this is worth in this discussion! :scratch:

What?!? :wtf: Where did you get this piece of information from?

gop_jeff said:
What?!? :wtf: Where did you get this piece of information from?

from cover to cover over the years...don't remember where this quote was located...however it made a impression on me when I read it...and made a impression on me when I read the comments on this subject in this thread.... I passed it on in here! If ya have some time tonight read the Bible from cover to cover...you will find it!

GotZoom said:
I did a search on Bible.com for spill, seed, ground, whore -

Nothing found.

zoom are you so into google that you forgot how to read...try reading King James New Testament...cover to cover...quit with all the shortcuts...it is in there!

ps: do you really believe google or microsoft would list anything Jesus said or a quote from the bible...you are naieve!(pun)

archangel said:
zoom are you so into google that you forgot how to read...try reading King James New Testament...cover to cover...quit with all the shortcuts...it is in there!

ps: do you really believe google or microsoft would list anything Jesus said or a quote from the bible...you are naieve!(pun)

This isn't the same as what you are talking about but here is some bible verses that are somewhat related.

38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

This is from the book of Genesis. Apparently God kills you if you pull out. This is one of the verses that the Catholic church points to when the birth control discussion is brought up.

By the way this has the word spilled, ground, and seed in it zoom. :laugh:

archangel said:

English 101.

I did not search Google or Microsoft.

If you read my post, you will see that I searched on Bible.com. That is a webiste. About the Bible.

You can pick which version - I used King James - and Old or New Testament - I searched both.

When I searched the word "whore" by itself, it came back with 65 verses that the word "whore" was used 76 times.

None of them are the verse you quoted.

Forum List

Back