Masturbation

archangel said:
from cover to cover over the years...don't remember where this quote was located...however it made a impression on me when I read it...and made a impression on me when I read the comments on this subject in this thread.... I passed it on in here! If ya have some time tonight read the Bible from cover to cover...you will find it!

Here's the passage you are refering to:

Genesis 38:6-10: "Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the LORD's sight; so the LORD put him to death. Then Judah said to Onan, "Lie with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the LORD's sight; so he put him to death also."

It's not a quote from Jesus, and it's not about whores.

gop_jeff said:
Here's the passage you are refering to:

Genesis 38:6-10: "Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the LORD's sight; so the LORD put him to death. Then Judah said to Onan, "Lie with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the LORD's sight; so he put him to death also."

It's not a quote from Jesus, and it's not about whores.

you are getting closer...think about what you just quoted and keep on reading!

GotZoom said:
English 101.

I did not search Google or Microsoft.

If you read my post, you will see that I searched on Bible.com. That is a webiste. About the Bible.

You can pick which version - I used King James - and Old or New Testament - I searched both.

When I searched the word "whore" by itself, it came back with 65 verses that the word "whore" was used 76 times.

None of them are the verse you quoted.

like I originally said..like bible.com is not listed in google or run via microsoft software...read friend read the actual Bible vs short cuts...you just may learn something!

Powerman said:
This isn't the same as what you are talking about but here is some bible verses that are somewhat related.

38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

This is from the book of Genesis. Apparently God kills you if you pull out. This is one of the verses that the Catholic church points to when the birth control discussion is brought up.

By the way this has the word spilled, ground, and seed in it zoom. :laugh:

and this also applies to "homosexual"spilling of the seed!

Oh blah blah blah.... :poop:

We're having a discussion about certain things from the Bible. To participate in the discussion, at the time of the discussion, it is necessary to use those terrible websites.

But I tell you what, when I make it through the Bible, I'll come back and post a response to your statement - might take a few months..but, yep...I'll be spot on with the subject.

Powerman said:
This isn't the same as what you are talking about but here is some bible verses that are somewhat related.

38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

This is from the book of Genesis. Apparently God kills you if you pull out. This is one of the verses that the Catholic church points to when the birth control discussion is brought up.

By the way this has the word spilled, ground, and seed in it zoom. :laugh:

AA's quote used the word "spill" - so I searched with the word "spill."

archangel said:
and this also applies to "homosexual"spilling of the seed!

OK this brings up a rather odd question that I didn't anticipate. Obviously the bible thinks you should only use your "seed" to procreate. So would this make it a sin to engage in sexual intercourse with your wife if she was no longer capable of having kids. Or would it make it questionable behavior to have sex with your wife during times of the month where she is less likely to get pregnant?

GotZoom said:
AA's quote used the word "spill" - so I searched with the word "spill."

He was paraphrasing....maybe you should make your searches less picky. Sometimes if you try combinations of 2 out of the 3 words you'll find what you are looking for.

GotZoom said:
Oh blah blah blah.... :poop:

We're having a discussion about certain things from the Bible. To participate in the discussion, at the time of the discussion, it is necessary to use those terrible websites.

But I tell you what, when I make it through the Bible, I'll come back and post a response to your statement - might take a few months..but, yep...I'll be spot on with the subject.

then I am succsessful...you learned a lesson besides relying on sound bites!

Powerman said:
OK this brings up a rather odd question that I didn't anticipate. Obviously the bible thinks you should only use your "seed" to procreate. So would this make it a sin to engage in sexual intercourse with your wife if she was no longer capable of having kids. Or would it make it questionable behavior to have sex with your wife during times of the month where she is less likely to get pregnant?

And consider the things the two of you might do with and for and in front of your significant other that isn't sexual intercourse.

Sex toys, oral sex, etc...

Damn...we're all going to hell.

Powerman said:

you answered your own question...the lord gave us the pleasure related to procreation...he never said you would be punished if a child was not born...only that you keep this God Given pleasure within the bounds of marriage!

Powerman said:
He was paraphrasing....maybe you should make your searches less picky. Sometimes if you try combinations of 2 out of the 3 words you'll find what you are looking for.

Looked like a quote to me.

Those little " thingies you know.

Either way, we still don't know if his quote/paraphrase is actually in the Bible or just something he picked up on the way.

GotZoom said:
And consider the things the two of you might do with and for and in front of your significant other that isn't sexual intercourse.

Sex toys, oral sex, etc...

Damn...we're all going to hell.

LOL why do you think I don't believe in God? If you think you are going to hell because you use sex toys with your wife then maybe you take your religion too seriously.

GotZoom said:
Looked like a quote to me.

Those little " thingies you know.

Either way, we still don't know if his quote/paraphrase is actually in the Bible or just something he picked up on the way.

if ya truly believe I am wrong...start reading rather than attacking me for that which you do not know!""""""""quote me on this !

archangel said:
you answered your own question...the lord gave us the pleasure related to procreation...he never said you would be punished if a child was not born...only that you keep this God Given pleasure within the bounds of marriage!

OK that seems reasonable.

Next question is oral sex a sin?

You'd have to break it down to 2 categories though.

Is oral sex as foreplay a sin?

Is oral sex to completion a sin?

archangel said:
if ya truly believe I am wrong...start reading rather than attacking me for that which you do not know!""""""""quote me on this !

Geez....someone is sensitive today.

I said, "Either way, we still don't know if his quote/paraphrase is actually in the Bible or just something he picked up on the way."

Where did I say I truly believe you are wrong? What in that sentence is "attacking" you?

In fact, I don't think there is anything in any of my posts of an attacking nature. Someone asked where in the Bible that was from - you said you couldn't remember.

I was actually trying to find the verse FOR YOU. To BACK UP YOUR POST.

When I couldn't find it, I simply stated such.

:chillpill

Powerman said:
LOL why do you think I don't believe in God? If you think you are going to hell because you use sex toys with your wife then maybe you take your religion too seriously.

Um...and I will say the same to you. Chill...quit being so sensitive.

The "going to hell" statement was a joke.

Powerman said:
OK that seems reasonable.

Next question is oral sex a sin?

You'd have to break it down to 2 categories though.

Is oral sex as foreplay a sin?

Is oral sex to completion a sin?

please direct your question to the father...however I would assume what a defined couple does for pleasure in order to procreate is within the bounds acceptable by our Lord...better ask him though! :spank3:

Forum List

Back