Masturbation

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Powerman, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. Powerman
    Offline

    Powerman Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2005
    Messages:
    1,499
    Thanks Received:
    39
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Ratings:
    +39
    Who thinks that this is a sin?

    I think it's a good stress reliever personally.

    And don't try to say you've never done it either. This isn't junior high.
     
  2. Nuc
    Offline

    Nuc Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2005
    Messages:
    2,377
    Thanks Received:
    140
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +141
    How about urination?

    Sometimes I feel like I have to do that, so I just go ahead and do it. I don't care if people think I am sinning. It happens about 5 times a day.
     
  3. Powerman
    Offline

    Powerman Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2005
    Messages:
    1,499
    Thanks Received:
    39
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Ratings:
    +39
    I feel the same way. I just wonder if people that think it's a sin actually feel bad about doing it.
     
  4. JOKER96BRAVO
    Offline

    JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2004
    Messages:
    4,433
    Thanks Received:
    285
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +285
    99% of all men masturbate, the other 1% are liars.
     
  5. Mr. P
    Offline

    Mr. P Senior Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2004
    Messages:
    11,329
    Thanks Received:
    618
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Ratings:
    +618
    They still teach that in basic training, do they? ;)
     
  6. Said1
    Offline

    Said1 VIP Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    12,087
    Thanks Received:
    937
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Somewhere in Ontario
    Ratings:
    +937

    Me too. Elimination of body fluids is essential, several times a day. Why deny yourself the pleasure of peeing. :laugh:
     
  7. Nuc
    Offline

    Nuc Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2005
    Messages:
    2,377
    Thanks Received:
    140
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +141
    If we didn't we would just blow up like water balloons. Both Christians and Atheists enjoy it.
     
  8. 5stringJeff
    Offline

    5stringJeff Senior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2003
    Messages:
    9,990
    Thanks Received:
    536
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Puyallup, WA
    Ratings:
    +540
    Masturbation is not specifically mentioned in the Bible. However, lust is mentioned many times, always as being sinful. And masturbation is almost always accompanied by lustful thoughts, sexual fantasies, etc. So while masturbation may or may not be inherently sinful, the lust that accompanies it is, and so masturbation should be avoided as so not to lust.
     
  9. Mr. P
    Offline

    Mr. P Senior Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2004
    Messages:
    11,329
    Thanks Received:
    618
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Ratings:
    +618
    Putting the cart before the horse, aren't ya? :poke:
     
  10. Nuc
    Offline

    Nuc Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2005
    Messages:
    2,377
    Thanks Received:
    140
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +141
    If that works for you, bravo. However in the modern world doctors have discovered that not "cleaning your tubes" by eliminating precious bodily fluids (Dr. Strangelove terminology) leads to all kinds of health problems. People who do not have sex age much more rapidly.

    I file this Biblical recommendation under the same category as "don't eat pork and shellfish" i.e. dumb.
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

doesthebiblecondemnoralsex