Massive, Hidden Object in Space

There are plenty of folk here up to the task of understanding advanced math
Dr traveler a Mathematician ,
Xsisted1 A designer of integrated circuits ,
a couple of Amateur astronomers A horse asterike(sic)
Myself with a back ground in nuclear physics from the Navy.
There are also several teachers here.
Im certain we can muster up the brain power to follow your explanation of the equation if you can come up with one.
Uh oh. Looks like Robert is about to "Reap the Whirlwind"! :lol:

I have always been fond of tornadoes. In your case, do you eat mom's menses also. I do love your script 'o plenty and fun to see digital meltdowns. Trust me, that dark underbelly of a cross dressing phase you are now locked into will pass.

Robert

Im certain we can muster up the brain power to follow your explanation of the equation if you can come up with one.

Plato's quote in your signature is superb. True as well. Did you see the launch today?

R

Uh oh. Looks like Robert is about to "Reap the Whirlwind"! :lol:

Naw, this is a 'find Waldo' moment. It must be referenced. Although, having an 'equal to' sign, a 'not equal to' sign, and an 'approximately equal to' sign in the same equation is going to make Waldo hard to find.

Last edited:
A bit of interesting trivia; If Jupiter were about sixty times more massive it would begin fusion reactions making it a star. More mass would not make Jupiter's size grow rather it would cause the planet to fall in upon itself and compress under its own gravity. At this point, thermonuclear reactions would ignite and Jupiter would become a luminous star with a diameter of about 100,000 miles (161,000 km.). Cool eh?

~RB~

With a 1x4x9 monolith, the extra mass would not be necessary.

I can see this is not a serious forum! If the monolith were of alien design it may be weightless. In any case, I think I may not be long here, I was looking for something with a bit more ummm' science and less playing, even though I am a rank amateur. However have fun, I am going to check out a few more threads and if they are all like this one (more about science) I may be looking for another home ~

RevBig

Last edited:
A bit of interesting trivia; If Jupiter were about sixty times more massive it would begin fusion reactions making it a star. More mass would not make Jupiter's size grow rather it would cause the planet to fall in upon itself and compress under its own gravity. At this point, thermonuclear reactions would ignite and Jupiter would become a luminous star with a diameter of about 100,000 miles (161,000 km.). Cool eh?

~RB~

I can see this is not a serious forum! If the monolith were of alien design it may be weightless.

RevBig

It could be weightless, but still have mass.

Plato's quote in your signature is superb. True as well. Did you see the launch today?

R

That is not an explanation of the equation.

The equation for validation for this is as follows, where N=orbital velocity x distance/position on local:

N=£∆.32n/∫–(∆230/ç∂)≠Vn∑ø«C/Pi≈/µ
Please post a detailed explanation of the equation.
The original context .
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3317700-post61.html
Please explain the unbroken chain of false statements about science.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3356645-post85.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3355078-post81.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3354950-post79.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3317700-post61.html

I can see this is not a serious forum! If the monolith were of alien design it may be weightless.

RevBig

It could be weightless, but still have mass.

* cof *, I was just testing you. I should not of used the word 'weightless' in any case, its over used and incorrectly applied in many cases. Microgravity is usually a good substitute. However, that said we were talking about adding enough mass to Jupiter to begin fusion reactions . If the "1x4x9 monolith" were to be placed on Jupiter what material would be used to construct it? It would have to be heavy and dense to possess the correct mass to begin the fission reactions! Black hole stuff? Neutron star stuff, my elder basset hounds massive belly fat ? Huh?

rb

Last edited:
Plato's quote in your signature is superb. True as well. Did you see the launch today? R
That is not an explanation of the equation.l
You're not gonna' get one either because in addition to all his other self professed medical maladies, it appears Robert suffers from Adult Attention Deficit Disorder as well.

~RB~

I can see this is not a serious forum! If the monolith were of alien design it may be weightless. In any case, I think I may not be long here, I was looking for something with a bit more ummm' science and less playing, even though I am a rank amateur. However have fun, I am going to check out a few more threads and if they are all like this one (more about science) I may be looking for another home ~

RevBig

You funny! Mr "Take yourself too seriously" Party of one...your table is ready.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RevBig

Why are you inserting false words into his reply to my post?

RevBig

Why are you inserting false words into his reply to my post?

If you want to keep something private...send a PM TWIMC. This is a public thread and I was responding to the reply suggesting that the poster was going to leave. My reply was not to you personally. Suggesting my words were "inserted" or false is stupid.

Only 12 million light years away...
:confused:
Snapshot reveals a black hole's jets
20 May`11 - A network of radio telescopes scattered around the Southern Hemisphere has produced the best-ever view of cosmic jets erupting from a supermassive black hole at the center of another galaxy.
The new image shows a region of space less than 4.2 light-years across at the heart of Centaurus A, 12 million light-years away in the constellation Centaurus (of course). The galaxy, also known as NGC 5128 is anchored by a black hole as massive as 55 million suns. It's a huge radio source. In fact, if our eyes could see radio waves, Centaurus A would look nearly 20 times as big as the full moon, due to the giant lobes of radio-emitting matter spreading out from the galaxy itself. The matter is streaming into the lobes via the particle jets that emanate from the black hole.

"These jets arise as infalling matter approaches the black hole, but we don't yet know the details of how they form and maintain themselves," Cornelia Müller, a doctoral student at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany, said in a NASA image advisory released today. Müller is the lead author of a study about the jets, appearing in the June issue of Astronomy and Astrophysics. She and her colleagues targeted Centaurus A with a network of nine radio telescopes in Africa, South America and Australia, known collectively as the Tracking Active Galactic Nuclei with Austral Milliarcsecond Interferometry project, or TANAMI. The telescopes joined forces to zoom in on the heart of the galaxy.

"Advanced computer techniques allow us to combine data from the individual telescopes to yield images with the sharpness of a single giant telescope, one nearly as large as Earth itself," Roopesh Ojha of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center explained. The radio image shows features as small as 15 light-days across, which makes it the highest-resolution view of galactic jets ever made. Studying the jets in such detail should help astronomers figure out how they form — which would make Müller very happy.

More about Centaurus A and black hole jets:

Only 12 million light years away...
:confused:
Snapshot reveals a black hole's jets
20 May`11 - A network of radio telescopes scattered around the Southern Hemisphere has produced the best-ever view of cosmic jets erupting from a supermassive black hole at the center of another galaxy.
The new image shows a region of space less than 4.2 light-years across at the heart of Centaurus A, 12 million light-years away in the constellation Centaurus (of course). The galaxy, also known as NGC 5128 is anchored by a black hole as massive as 55 million suns. It's a huge radio source. In fact, if our eyes could see radio waves, Centaurus A would look nearly 20 times as big as the full moon, due to the giant lobes of radio-emitting matter spreading out from the galaxy itself. The matter is streaming into the lobes via the particle jets that emanate from the black hole.

"These jets arise as infalling matter approaches the black hole, but we don't yet know the details of how they form and maintain themselves," Cornelia Müller, a doctoral student at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany, said in a NASA image advisory released today. Müller is the lead author of a study about the jets, appearing in the June issue of Astronomy and Astrophysics. She and her colleagues targeted Centaurus A with a network of nine radio telescopes in Africa, South America and Australia, known collectively as the Tracking Active Galactic Nuclei with Austral Milliarcsecond Interferometry project, or TANAMI. The telescopes joined forces to zoom in on the heart of the galaxy.

"Advanced computer techniques allow us to combine data from the individual telescopes to yield images with the sharpness of a single giant telescope, one nearly as large as Earth itself," Roopesh Ojha of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center explained. The radio image shows features as small as 15 light-days across, which makes it the highest-resolution view of galactic jets ever made. Studying the jets in such detail should help astronomers figure out how they form — which would make Müller very happy.

More about Centaurus A and black hole jets:

In what way are you confused and how does the black hole 12 million light years distant relate to the OP?

LOL.

"In July, another Space.com article said the celestial evidence suggests Tyche could not possibly exist."

LOL.

"Massive, Hidden Object in Space "

If they prove another orbiting massive planetoid like body exists, the should call it 'Elvis'.

Well, this certainly seems appropriate to this thread. Opens up many cans of worms.

10 Jupiter sized 'Orphan' planets found by researchers | NEWSWARPED.COM

Japanese astronomers working with scientists in the United States and New Zealand claim to have found free-floating “Orphan planets” which do not seem to orbit a star.

Publishing their findings in Nature magazine, they say they have found 10 Jupiter-sized objects which they could not connect to any solar system. They also believe such objects could be as common as stars are throughout the Milky Way.

The objects revealed themselves by bending the light of more distant stars, an effect called “gravitational microlensing”.

Einstein correctly predicted that objects of large enough mass can bend light. If a large object passes in front of a more distant background star, it may act as a lens, bending and distorting the light of that star so that it may appear to brighten significantly.

The researchers have examined data collected from microlensing surveys of what is called the Galactic Bulge, the central area of our own Milky Way.

They detected evidence of 10 Jupiter-sized objects with no parent star found within 10 Astronomical Units (AU). One AU is equivalent to the distance between our Earth and Sun. Further analysis led them to the conclusion that most of these objects did not have parent stars.

Based on the number of such bodies in the area surveyed, the astronomers then extrapolated that such objects could be extremely common.

Well, this certainly seems appropriate to this thread. Opens up many cans of worms.

10 Jupiter sized 'Orphan' planets found by researchers | NEWSWARPED.COMThe objects revealed themselves by bending the light of more distant stars, an effect called “gravitational microlensing”.

Einstein correctly predicted that objects of large enough mass can bend light. If a large object passes in front of a more distant background star, it may act as a lens, bending and distorting the light of that star so that it may appear to brighten significantly.

The researchers have examined data collected from microlensing surveys of what is called the Galactic Bulge, the central area of our own Milky Way.

They detected evidence of 10 Jupiter-sized objects with no parent star found within 10 Astronomical Units (AU). One AU is equivalent to the distance between our Earth and Sun. Further analysis led them to the conclusion that most of these objects did not have parent stars. <SNIP>
The bolded text is confusing because it cannot be accurate. Does it mean that these planet sized bodies are detected through gravitational lensing, and that the lense stars (perhaps in the galactic bulge) made their observation possible? If that is so then are these bodies somewhere near the center of the galaxy, perhaps 25,000 light years or between there and here?

One thing is certain; that statement cannot mean that there are ten Jupiter sized objects within 10 AU of our sun or earth, because Saturn is about 10 AU from the sun/earth and Uranus is about 19 AU. We already know there is only one Jupiter sized mass body in that distance and it is Jupiter. Therefore this is not an accurate statement, and owing to the fact that it is a blog post we have reason to believe that the comment is an interpretation of something more complex than the author has conveyed to us in his or her article.

Rogue planetary sized mass bodies (whether Jupiter size or not) would be most common in regions where stars are orbiting in multiples like binary or triple star systems and they come in close proximity to each other and planets are ejected from their parent body into interstellar space. In the central galactic bulge stars, whether multiple stars share gravitational centers or not may come in close proximity relatively often with other multiple star/planetary systems.

Out here in our region of space there are those types of systems, but they rarely come close enough to eject a planet in that way. That means that phenomena would be most common in dense stellar populations like the central region of our galaxy or possibly in star clusters where stars are in much more chaotic paths and are being more or less constantly deflected into new partnerships or associations while losing old partners or associated bodies.

The one new thing I got out of that article is that once ejected into intstellar space the body, regardless of size, would no longer technically be classed as a planet; to be a planet it would have to be orbiting a star as its primary.

Last edited:
Well, whatever you wish to call them, and no matter what their origin, if one were to come through our solar system, it would definately be a case of there goes the neighborhood.

Well, whatever you wish to call them, and no matter what their origin, if one were to come through our solar system, it would definately be a case of there goes the neighborhood.

Had to PosRep you for that.

I keep trying to tell you that its so evident we've been wiped down many, many times already and nowhere is this more evident than in the absolute improbability that though human have been genetically coherent for 200,000+ years we only found a practicable way to harness electricity 100 years ago

Forum List

Back