Massive, Hidden Object in Space

Don't know, they say now it isn't there, today-- its a sham. Read that article above with the graphic.

Terral will love this.

Robert

Lame

That would have been interesting.

As far as Terral goes, we shouldn't hear from him for days. Since we were all supposed to die yesterday.
No, that's March 15th when the poles shift and we all die.

5 hours of sleep + no coffee + No work at work + bordom = I don't care enough to double check and have now embarassed myself in the flame zone. :redface:

Link Back to Post #42

One good thing about this right now is that in April (presumably, or shortly thereafter) we will have some results from WISE to establish or discredit (although this has such popular appeal that it has a life of its own) a theory to explain a single phenomenon: the high angle of approach of certain cometary anomalies, the 27-M.Y. cycle of extinctions notwithstanding.

And the 27 M.Y. orbital cycle has only one thing to establish it as proof, other than extinctions which may be some period greater or lesser: at a distance out at the outer limits of the Oort cloud, and at some projected appropriate velocity, an orbital cycle might share a period that matched the extinctions.

Don't they need some explanation of the mechanics that would account for such a large body to form out where the stuff of the original accretion disc is most disparate? Do Pluto/Charon or particularly other large KBOs show any resonance that would indicate or support its existence? Hopefully the New Horizons Mission will yield something useful, but not of course in the immediate future, as it will begin its observations of the Kuiper Belt not before 2015.

EDIT: I would not expect New Horizons to actually detect such an object in whatever spectra, but at the very least some indication of a resonance that might begin to support its existence. It does appear that the scientists who (currently) postulate this large mass think that WISE might turn up something.

Last edited:
Cost for NASA to you: $0.31 per week.

As far as a parsec, yes, it is a real measurement and it is based on the distance from our sun, to our closest star, Alpha Proxima, at, you guessed it, 4.3 light years. That is where they got that measurement from and so when we use measures to say, The Great Attractor, for example, at 600 million light years, in Astronomy they say, 139.4 MP (2390 Parsecs) and the like.

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

Thanks for that info. I was under the impression that the closest star, leaving the sun out of it, was only @ a light year away. I was mistaken.

Link Back to Post #42

One good thing about this right now is that in April (presumably, or shortly thereafter) we will have some results from WISE to establish or discredit (although this has such popular appeal that it has a life of its own) a theory to explain a single phenomenon: the high angle of approach of certain cometary anomalies, the 27-M.Y. cycle of extinctions notwithstanding.

And the 27 M.Y. orbital cycle has only one thing to establish it as proof, other than extinctions which may be some period greater or lesser: at a distance out at the outer limits of the Oort cloud, and at some projected appropriate velocity, an orbital cycle might share a period that matched the extinctions.

Don't they need some explanation of the mechanics that would account for such a large body to form out where the stuff of the original accretion disc is most disparate? Do Pluto/Charon or particularly other large KBOs show any resonance that would indicate or support its existence? Hopefully the New Horizons Mission will yield something useful, but not of course in the immediate future, as it will begin its observations of the Kuiper Belt not before 2015.

EDIT: I would not expect New Horizons to actually detect such an object in whatever spectra, but at the very least some indication of a resonance that might begin to support its existence. It does appear that the scientists who (currently) postulate this large mass think that WISE might turn up something.

What s so funny and compelling, last night several Astronomer's now say it does not exist and give reason why it does not. But, in infrared it will be imaging different an what one imagines but reveals what we cannot see in pure optical spectra.

This is going to be great to see what results from all this posturing, if and when, it is confirmed what may be out there, or not.

Robert

And while looking for something like that, we will more than likely find something we did not even imagine. A very wise cowboy from Eastern Oregon, Rueben Long, once stated, "Research is always a bargain, even when it costs too much".

And while looking for something like that, we will more than likely find something we did not even imagine. A very wise cowboy from Eastern Oregon, Rueben Long, once stated, "Research is always a bargain, even when it costs too much".

Perfect. And so very very true. Had it not been for NASA's investment in Mercury Program, we, you and I, all, would not be using this medium to communicate.

Robert

I believe they have been covering up planet x for some time. Just not sure when it will cause havoc. Could be 2011 or 2025 who knows.

But to put this into prospective regarding us, here, on Earth, this disance of this object, if proven to be, is at a distance of some 1,395,000,000,000 (1.395 trillion miles. Thus, it is nearly 1/4 of a LY distant.

One Light Year is: 5,865,696,000,000 miles.

Most astronomical measurements are done with a parsec, which is 4.3 LY.

Robert

We all need some better prospective.

I understood it that it could been seen, because you said it was massive. Or am I missing something here? If it can't be seen how do you know it's massive? and if it's massive how can it be hidden?

I'm sure this has been answered, but it may interest you to know that the last few planets out in our solar system were first found based on gravitational effects they had on other planetary trajectories. IIRC, the legendary Carl Fredrick Gauss found a few things using this technique.

It gets pretty hard to actually "see" things in outer space that are not actively generating their own light once you get any reasonable distance out. Gravitational effects have been used to detect planets in other solar systems, etc. The math is quite interesting.

I do understand. However, any "stars" out side of Sol influence have nothing to do with Tyche's position or state or orbital configuration as they are too far away (4 LY, 13 LY, 29 LY, 27 LY). The orbital time line of Tyche is based on where it is assumed to be, in orbit around the sun and the only influence there would be the sun itself on what it is-- dark Jupiter or what have you.

WISE will yield much data on this and this is exciting.

Robert

Robert, you need to take into account the period time frame of 27,000,000 years: that's a long time; but not so much astronomically. I recall a few years back in Astronomy Magazine, an article that showed there would be numerous relative close passes from stars that might have an affect way out there where a body was in delicate balance and might be pulled one way or the other.

Our stellar neighborhood is a dynamic one. At one time our sun had some untold number of siblings. They are mostly long departed, but others have come into our vicinity to confuse our view of things.

The orbital timeline is not subject to debate. If it is out there at about 1.5 to 1.7 LY from Sol, its orbital time line will be 27 M years.

If you are speaking 'stars' moving in and out of our Sol Space, that too is not likely, since anything close to something like that would destroy the chance of life to begin here, 4.3 billion years hence. What happens is within about 30 LY of us, enough foreign unknowns move and are swung out of normal orbiting due to any number of events, but they are fleeting or passing events.

But stars are rotating on their own axis, and the orbiting is fixed positions by the galactic influences of location. This s real overview stuff a nd not technical but its essentially the way its set up.

This is a good exchange.

Robert

You aint a rocket scientist nor an astrophysicist .

Site Contents: About the Artist

Robert A.M. Stephens is a professional artist, painting full time since May of 1977. Winning an art scholarship at age 14 sent him to the University California at Davis.There he was told he would never be an artist since he preferred to paint realistically. He agreed with their dissent since he hated the abstract, subjective creations popular during that period of the mid 60's, thus surrendering the scholarship. From that point he was determined to become a professional artist and decided to teach himself somehow. It took him 11 more years before he could launch his career as an easel painter and fine artist in plein-aire works professionally.

A 5 time Smithsonian (SITES) alumni in conjunction with NASA, and with work in collections, museums, and academies worldwide, he has proved UCD's art department they may have been a little hasty.

The image archive at this site is a collection both digital and oil on canvas/panel, that have been executed and sold or is for sale in current inventory as indicated in each image page. The artist is currently represented by the Hanson Trust, Inc., Gig Harbor, WA, USA. The Agent Provocateur can be reached at: [email protected] or,

http://web.archive.org/web/20040803041547/http://www.behold-the-rage.com/
The Art Of Robert A.M. Stephens-Behold The Heart
Internet Archive Wayback Machine

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3342869-post93.html

Yikes indeed.

Robert, you need to take into account the period time frame of 27,000,000 years: that's a long time; but not so much astronomically. I recall a few years back in Astronomy Magazine, an article that showed there would be numerous relative close passes from stars that might have an affect way out there where a body was in delicate balance and might be pulled one way or the other.

Our stellar neighborhood is a dynamic one. At one time our sun had some untold number of siblings. They are mostly long departed, but others have come into our vicinity to confuse our view of things.

The orbital timeline is not subject to debate. If it is out there at about 1.5 to 1.7 LY from Sol, its orbital time line will be 27 M years.

If you are speaking 'stars' moving in and out of our Sol Space, that too is not likely, since anything close to something like that would destroy the chance of life to begin here, 4.3 billion years hence. What happens is within about 30 LY of us, enough foreign unknowns move and are swung out of normal orbiting due to any number of events, but they are fleeting or passing events.

But stars are rotating on their own axis, and the orbiting is fixed positions by the galactic influences of location. This s real overview stuff a nd not technical but its essentially the way its set up.

This is a good exchange.

Robert

You aint a rocket scientist nor an astrophysicist .

Site Contents: About the Artist

Robert A.M. Stephens is a professional artist, painting full time since May of 1977. Winning an art scholarship at age 14 sent him to the University California at Davis.There he was told he would never be an artist since he preferred to paint realistically. He agreed with their dissent since he hated the abstract, subjective creations popular during that period of the mid 60's, thus surrendering the scholarship. From that point he was determined to become a professional artist and decided to teach himself somehow. It took him 11 more years before he could launch his career as an easel painter and fine artist in plein-aire works professionally.

A 5 time Smithsonian (SITES) alumni in conjunction with NASA, and with work in collections, museums, and academies worldwide, he has proved UCD's art department they may have been a little hasty.

The image archive at this site is a collection both digital and oil on canvas/panel, that have been executed and sold or is for sale in current inventory as indicated in each image page. The artist is currently represented by the Hanson Trust, Inc., Gig Harbor, WA, USA. The Agent Provocateur can be reached at: [email protected] or,

http://web.archive.org/web/20040803041547/http://www.behold-the-rage.com/
The Art Of Robert A.M. Stephens-Behold The Heart
Internet Archive Wayback Machine

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3342869-post93.html

Yikes indeed.
he has never claimed to be either, so whats the problem?

Impled
we can turn the HST to see down to earth and read down to 5.5".
The equation for validation for this is as follows, where N=orbital velocity x distance/position on local:

N=£∆.32n/∫–(∆230/ç∂)≠Vn∑ø«C/Pi≈/µ

Lastly, The photo above is from HST and is taken in gamma, infrared, and red shift laurex, which sees through dust and other diffusions. It is an accurate image of the Milky Way's galactic core. You are in error.

This is what I do for a living.

Impled
The equation for validation for this is as follows, where N=orbital velocity x distance/position on local:

Lastly, The photo above is from HST and is taken in gamma, infrared, and red shift laurex, which sees through dust and other diffusions. It is an accurate image of the Milky Way's galactic core. You are in error.

only if you make a giant leap of faith

Impled

only if you make a giant leap of faith

I kind of had the same impression as Fitnah. His sigline led me to think he was doing some kind of official work with NASA, like working with Hubble images, or calculating distances and sizes of astronomical objects. :dunno:

Scaled Dynamics
NASA Visual Exploration

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3342804-post92.html
He asserts several things in the post
His means of living
A mathematical proof
A law of celestial mechanics
The accuracy of created photographs.
All of his assertions have been proven to be false.
In Mr Robert case, a leap of faith is out of the question.

Finished color images are actually combinations of two or more black-and-white exposures to which color has been added during image processing.
The colors in Hubble images, which are assigned for various reasons, aren't always what we'd see if we were able to visit the imaged objects in a spacecraft. We often use color as a tool, whether it is to enhance an object's detail or to visualize what ordinarily could never be seen by the human eye.

HubbleSite - Behind the Pictures - Meaning of Color

Here is the data on the large exo-solar body out past the Oort Cloud that some have been posting about as well myself about the dark jupiter. they are closer to finding enough data on this dark object to substantiate its definition. This has been a postulate for several years now but this is more compelling if they can resolve this mass.

Wonderful data. This too is the basis for Nibiru and other far fetched postulations.

Robert

How can it be hidden if it can be seen?
It must be a Google conspiracy. They hide everything !:tongue:

Forum List

Back