Massive, Hidden Object in Space

only if you make a giant leap of faith

I kind of had the same impression as Fitnah. His sigline led me to think he was doing some kind of official work with NASA, like working with Hubble images, or calculating distances and sizes of astronomical objects. :dunno:

Scaled Dynamics
NASA Visual Exploration

Yeah his sig is a concocted rouse to imply he is something he is not.
I like the way he paints and I own a jeep .
But his science, well it just aint.

Most astronomical measurements are done with a parsec, which is 4.3 LY.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3325207-post4.html
Robert
The parsec (parallax of one arcsecond; symbol: pc) is a unit of length, equal to just under 31 trillion (31×1012) kilometres (about 19 trillion miles), 206265 AU, or about 3.26 light-years. Parsec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Astronomy uses Astronomical Units to measure distance Parsecs for angles Astronomical system of units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Come on Mr Robert explain yourself.
fix your sig and hang the right avy
mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture3318-bogus.gif

Would this massive object make our sun wobble?

Has anyone measured the wobble? If we can measure a wobble many light years away, 8 light minutes should be easy.

Would this massive object make our sun wobble?

Has anyone measured the wobble? If we can measure a wobble many light years away, 8 light minutes should be easy.

No, it could not. It would have to have 50,000 Jupiter masses and be close, very close, to have any effect on Sol.

Robert

The solar mass is the standard unit of mass in astronomy, used to indicate the masses of other stars and galaxies. It is equal to the mass of the Sun, about two nonillion kilograms or about 332,950 times the mass of the Earth or 1,048 times the mass of Jupiter.

A hypothetical mass equal to 50,000 Jupiters would be 47.7 (50,000/1048) times as massive as the sun, so it would cause a lot more than wobbles: the sun would actually be circling the mass instead of vice versa. That would create the kind of wobbles we are considering in this discussion. And we should also consider that the corresponding shifts in radial velocity of the sun (if being viewed from a lateral position within or close to the orbital plane of the "dark mass" and the sun) would be visible as blue and red Doppler shifts in spectroscopy wavelengths.

Doppler Spectroscopy - Otto Struve proposed in 1952 the use of powerful spectrographs to detect distant planets. He described how a very large planet, as large as Jupiter, for example, would cause its parent star to wobble slightly as the two objects orbit around their center of mass. He predicted that the small Doppler shifts to the light emitted by the star, caused by its continuously varying radial velocity, would be detectable by the most sensitive spectrographs as tiny red shifts and blue shifts in the star's emission. However, the technology of the time produced radial velocity

Today this is standard practice for astronomers to detect the radial velocity of stars relative to our postiton in the solar system, and can be used to detect extra solar planets when the "wobble' would be obscured because it is being seen in its orbital plane relative to us. To date almost all of the known extrasolar planets have been discovered using Doppler spectroscopy.

Last edited:
You are in error on myself and the Jupiter volumes. Sorry.Robert

With all due respect, even an object the size (mass would be a better term I suppose!) of Jupiter (or a smaller object) one would cause detectable minor perturbations in a solar mass star. It's one way we find extrasolar planets. I cant post supporting links until I make a few more posts (why is an mystery to me!) PM me for the links I took the time to source if you want them.

~RB~

A bit of interesting trivia; If Jupiter were about sixty times more massive it would begin fusion reactions making it a star. More mass would not make Jupiter's size grow rather it would cause the planet to fall in upon itself and compress under its own gravity. At this point, thermonuclear reactions would ignite and Jupiter would become a luminous star with a diameter of about 100,000 miles (161,000 km.). Cool eh?

~RB~

Last edited:
I am me, a contractor for NASA. Simple. If they question that, I guess that is the way it is. Somehow, my work and art got here. But who knows.

NASA - NASA and the Arts

Robert
Your work is your art.
Science and math out of reach for you.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3317700-post61.html

The equation for validation for this is as follows, where N=orbital velocity x distance/position on local:

N=£∆.32n/∫–(∆230/ç∂)≠Vn∑ø«C/Pi≈/µ

This is what I do for a living.

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

You want to try and walk that equation back ?
or make it clear you dont do science and math you paint.

I am me, a contractor for NASA. Simple. If they question that, I guess that is the way it is. Somehow, my work and art got here. But who knows.

NASA - NASA and the Arts

Robert
Your work is your art.

The equation for validation for this is as follows, where N=orbital velocity x distance/position on local:

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

The equation is perfect. It is also beautiful as is all math.

Robert

NASA - NASA and the Arts

Robert
Your work is your art.

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

Robert

Its perfect alright, perfect gibberish.

Your work is your art.

Robert

Its perfect alright, perfect gibberish.

Phuck you, azzhole. How is that? So, ban me motherphuckers. What a dweebville. Education is a wonderful thing, hon.

I am love, hilarious group.

Robert

There are plenty of folk here up to the task of understanding advanced math
Dr traveler a Mathematician ,
Xsisted1 A designer of integrated circuits ,
a couple of Amateur astronomers A horse asterike(sic)
Myself with a back ground in nuclear physics from the Navy.
There are also several teachers here.
Im certain we can muster up the brain power to follow your explanation of the equation if you can come up with one.

Last edited:
There are plenty of folk here up to the task of understanding advanced math
Dr traveler a Mathematician ,
Xsisted1 A designer of integrated circuits ,
a couple of Amateur astronomers A horse asterike(sic)
Myself with a back ground in nuclear physics from the Navy.
There are also several teachers here.
Im certain we can muster up the brain power to follow your explanation of the equation if you can come up with one.
Uh oh. Looks like Robert is about to "Reap the Whirlwind"! :lol:

A bit of interesting trivia; If Jupiter were about sixty times more massive it would begin fusion reactions making it a star. More mass would not make Jupiter's size grow rather it would cause the planet to fall in upon itself and compress under its own gravity. At this point, thermonuclear reactions would ignite and Jupiter would become a luminous star with a diameter of about 100,000 miles (161,000 km.). Cool eh?

~RB~

With a 1x4x9 monolith, the extra mass would not be necessary.

Forum List

Back