Found space object proves we are not alone

... i am neither.....

That's obvious from your ignorant assumptions.
Cry it all out, son. I can take it.

Then call a respected evolutionary biologist and tell her there is zero evidence for evolution in fish. Report back how long the laughter lasts before she hangs up on you.

You haven't spoken with many scientists, have you?
Zzzzzzzzz

Go throw your hissy somewhere else.

Just trying to help you see that your "settled science" attitude is NOT scientific.

... i am neither.....

Then call a respected evolutionary biologist and tell her there is zero evidence for evolution in fish. Report back how long the laughter lasts before she hangs up on you.

Zzzzzzzzz

Just trying to help you see that your "settled science" attitude is NOT scientific.
Again, anyone and everyone is invited to challenge it. Publish a paper. The theory of evolution is well supported enough to safely call it fact. But you are free to challenge it at anytime. If that version of "settled" annoys you, go cry it out somewhere. That's your problem.

Found space object proves we are not alone

Humans have been sending out “probes” into our solar system and beyond in efforts to detect far off planets and other objects within our solar system, but it was never contemplated that we would see a “probe” that did not come from our planet; that is, until now.

We are not the only ones looking and listening.

This probe came from an alien planet and it may not be the only probe out there.
When a probe is sent into the cosmos the signals sent from the probe back to its own world gets weaker the further away it travels. To maintain the signal, it is reasonable to believe subsequent probes were sent to follow the first one creating a chain of probes transmitting the images back to the probe behind it. The following probe that in turn relays these signals to the following probe. This chain communication guaranties a continual scan of the cosmos in its path.

Interstellar object may have been alien probe, Harvard paper argues, but experts are skeptical

By Steve George and Ashley Strickland, CNN
Updated 1:43 PM EST, Tue November 6, 2018
CNN) —

A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year may have been an alien spacecraft sent to investigate Earth, astronomers from Harvard University have suggested.

The object, nicknamed ‘Oumuamua, meaning “a messenger that reaches out from the distant past” in Hawaiian, was discovered in October 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.

Since its discovery, scientists have been at odds to explain its unusual features and precise origins, with researchers first calling it a comet and then an asteroid before finally deeming it the first of its kind: a new class of “interstellar objects.”

A new paper by researchers at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics raises the possibility that the elongated dark-red object, which is 10 times
as long as it is wide and traveling at speeds of 196,000 mph, might have an “artificial origin.”

Interstellar object may have been alien probe, Harvard paper argues, but experts are skeptical

NASA SOLOR SYSTEM EXPLORATION

The first known interstellar object to visit our solar system
, 1I/2017 U1 ‘Oumuamua, was discovered Oct. 19, 2017 by the University of Hawaii’s Pan-STARRS1 telescope, funded by NASA’s Near-Earth Object Observations (NEOO) Program, which finds and tracks asteroids and comets in Earth’s neighborhood. While originally classified as a comet, observations revealed no signs of cometary activity after it slingshotted past the Sun on Sept. 9, 2017 at a blistering speed of 196,000 miles per hour (87.3 kilometers per second). It was briefly classified as an asteroid until new measurements found it was accelerating slightly, a sign it behaves more like a comet.
In Depth | Oumuamua – NASA Solar System Exploration

Images of object
cigar shaped asteroid - Google Search

View attachment 447051

:)-
We have an unlisted number.....like Whatsapp !

... i am neither.....

Zzzzzzzzz

Again, anyone and everyone is invited to challenge it. Publish a paper. The theory of evolution is well supported enough to safely call it fact. But you are free to challenge it at anytime. If that version of "settled" annoys you, go cry it out somewhere. That's your problem.

It's not about any particular issue, it's about your unscientific, block-headed attitude.

... i am neither.....

Zzzzzzzzz

It's not about any particular issue, it's about your unscientific, block-headed attitude.
Then go join my fan club and talk about me there. Or ask the mods to create an FFI section for you. Until then ....you can fk right off. :)

... i am neither.....

Zzzzzzzzz

Then go join my fan club and talk about me there. Or ask the mods to create an FFI section for you. Until then ....you can fk right off. :)

I'm sensing a little defensiveness.

... i am neither.....

Zzzzzzzzz

I am sensing an attack poodle, nipping at my ankles.

... i am neither.....

Zzzzzzzzz

I am sensing an attack poodle, nipping at my ankles.

How long have you struggled with this insecurity?

At this point, we have a very, very good reason to think that.
Name one.
I dunno. The whole "no evidence" thing might have something to do with it.

Personally, I think it's reasonable to assume that there is probably other life in the universe. None of the features of the Earth appear to be unique.

But, as of yet, there's no evidence of life outside of Earth. Of course, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but it does tell us how to bet.

That would be specious reasoning. No evidence in our tiny little search does not give us reason to think there is no life elsewhere.

And if you make a bet based on that, that is not a smart bet.

That would be specious reasoning. No evidence in our tiny little search does not give us reason to think there is no life elsewhere.

And if you make a bet based on that, that is not a smart bet.
Nor is it a dumb bet. Zero evidence of a claim is a valid reason for rejecting the claim. It's not "proof", but there's a reasonable inductive argument that the reason we've found no evidence of life elsewhere is that there isn't any.

Zero evidence of a claim is a valid reason for rejecting the claim.
When you haven't even looked for evidence? No it isn't. How silly. Millions of trillions of planets in our universe's lifetime, and we have comprehensivley searched ZERO of them. So no, that would be laughable logic and a very dumb bet.

Zero evidence of a claim is a valid reason for rejecting the claim.
When you haven't even looked for evidence?

We've been looking for 60 or 70 years. I understand the argument that the universe is large and, relatively speaking, that's not much looking. But I also appreciate the argument that no evidence is no evidence. The position of the extra-terrestrial naysayers is essentially the position of atheists, who refuse believe in gods because there's no evidence they exist.

We've been looking for 60 or 70 years
Go ahead and make my point for me. We have searched zero planets and have searched using very limited methods for 70 years in a universe 13 billion years old with a 90 billion light year radius and millions of trillions of planets.

To conclude or even bet there is no other life because we haven't yet found evidence is absurd.

We've been looking for 60 or 70 years
Go ahead and make my point for me. We have searched zero planets and have searched using very limited methods for 70 years in a universe 13 billion years old with a 90 billion light year radius and millions of trillions of planets.

To conclude or even bet there is no other life because we haven't yet found evidence is absurd.

I understand the argument that the universe is large and, relatively speaking, that's not much looking. But I also appreciate the argument that no evidence is no evidence. The position of the extra-terrestrial naysayers is essentially the position of atheists, who refuse believe in gods because there's no evidence they exist.

But I also appreciate the argument that no evidence is no evidence.
You shouldn't. That is a specious argument, when we haven't even begun to search.

"haven't even begun" is entirely subjective, and a goal post that can be moved willy-nilly.

Regardless, this is just silly argumentation. All I'm saying is that people who don't believe in extra-terrestrial life aren't idiots. Their position is just as valid as the position of atheists.

The position of the extra-terrestrial naysayers is essentially the position of atheists, who refuse believe in gods because there's no evidence they exist.
Not analogous. For one, i am not saying with certainty life formed elsewhere. I think it likely, but that determination rests on evidence in the form of theoretical evidence. Measurable quantities and observed events. Large universe, life formed here, etc.

Saying it is likely is also admitting there may be no other life. That is: we don't know. Given what we do know in the form of evidence, i would say the safe bet is that life has formed at least one other time in the universe. Okay to think otherwise, but the idea that we have not yet found evidence is not a good reason. You need something better.

Furthermore, given that life has formed once, saying it formed twice is not as extraordinary a claim as saying gods exist. We know it happened at least once. It's not as if we know one god exists, therefore others could or should. The two ideas are just not analogous at all.

haven't even begun" is entirely subjective
No. In a universe 13 billion years old with millions of trillions of planets and a diameter of 90 billion loght years in which we have searched ZERO other planets or moons...

...it is objectively the understatement of the year.

The position of the extra-terrestrial naysayers is essentially the position of atheists, who refuse believe in gods because there's no evidence they exist.
Not analogous. For one, i am not saying with certainty life formed elsewhere.

Right. You said "....We have no reason to think life only evolved here on Earth..."

And I called bullshit on that claim. I still am.

Forum List

Back