Massacre, Followed by Libel

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
The charge: The Tucson massacre is a consequence of the "climate of hate" created by Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, Glenn Beck, Obamacare opponents and sundry other liberal betes noires.

The verdict: Rarely in American political discourse has there been a charge so reckless, so scurrilous and so unsupported by evidence.

As killers go, Jared Loughner is not reticent. Yet among all his writings, postings, videos and other ravings - and in all the testimony from all the people who knew him - there is not a single reference to any of these supposed accessories to murder.

Not only is there no evidence that Loughner was impelled to violence by any of those upon whom Paul Krugman, Keith Olbermann, the New York Times, the Tucson sheriff and other rabid partisans are fixated. There is no evidence that he was responding to anything, political or otherwise, outside of his own head.

A climate of hate? This man lived within his very own private climate. "His thoughts were unrelated to anything in our world," said the teacher of Loughner's philosophy class at Pima Community College. "He was very disconnected from reality," said classmate Lydian Ali. "You know how it is when you talk to someone who's mentally ill and they're just not there?" said neighbor Jason Johnson. "It was like he was in his own world."

His ravings, said one high school classmate, were interspersed with "unnerving, long stupors of silence" during which he would "stare fixedly at his buddies," reported the Wall Street Journal. His own writings are confused, incoherent, punctuated with private numerology and inscrutable taxonomy. He warns of government brainwashing and thought control through "grammar." He was obsessed with "conscious dreaming," a fairly good synonym for hallucinations.

This is not political behavior. These are the signs of a clinical thought disorder - ideas disconnected from each other, incoherent, delusional, detached from reality.

There's more

Charles Krauthammer - Massacre, followed by libel

Any lunkheads who still don't get it, never will.

When I read this paragraph...

"This is not political behavior. These are the signs of a clinical thought disorder - ideas disconnected from each other, incoherent, delusional, detached from reality."

I thought he was talking about liberals.

The charge: The Tucson massacre is a consequence of the "climate of hate" created by Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, Glenn Beck, Obamacare opponents and sundry other liberal betes noires.

The verdict: Rarely in American political discourse has there been a charge so reckless, so scurrilous and so unsupported by evidence.

As killers go, Jared Loughner is not reticent. Yet among all his writings, postings, videos and other ravings - and in all the testimony from all the people who knew him - there is not a single reference to any of these supposed accessories to murder.

Not only is there no evidence that Loughner was impelled to violence by any of those upon whom Paul Krugman, Keith Olbermann, the New York Times, the Tucson sheriff and other rabid partisans are fixated. There is no evidence that he was responding to anything, political or otherwise, outside of his own head.

A climate of hate? This man lived within his very own private climate. "His thoughts were unrelated to anything in our world," said the teacher of Loughner's philosophy class at Pima Community College. "He was very disconnected from reality," said classmate Lydian Ali. "You know how it is when you talk to someone who's mentally ill and they're just not there?" said neighbor Jason Johnson. "It was like he was in his own world."

His ravings, said one high school classmate, were interspersed with "unnerving, long stupors of silence" during which he would "stare fixedly at his buddies," reported the Wall Street Journal. His own writings are confused, incoherent, punctuated with private numerology and inscrutable taxonomy. He warns of government brainwashing and thought control through "grammar." He was obsessed with "conscious dreaming," a fairly good synonym for hallucinations.

This is not political behavior. These are the signs of a clinical thought disorder - ideas disconnected from each other, incoherent, delusional, detached from reality.
There's more

Since no one claimed any of these poor victims as accessories to murder, I wonder if Chuckie K will get sued for libel?

Y'know, I really don't have a problem agreeing that in this particular case it doesn't appear that the guy was motivated by what the RW talkers have had to say. At the same time it appears that these same talkers don't seem to want to engage in the wider conversation about how their eliminationist rhetoric has the potential effect of stirring other people up. I still can't believe Fox News had Bernie Goldberg of all people on to try and deny that this is the case.

It's too bad it's taken something like this to get our so-called Liberal Media™ talking about the rhetoric more and it's ironic that it took an incident that really wasn't caused by it in the first place.

And no, just because both sides have their violent whackos doesn't mean both have been just as bad the last 10+years. This false equivalency horseshit is just that: horseshit.

"This is not political behavior. These are the signs of a clinical thought disorder - ideas disconnected from each other, incoherent, delusional, detached from reality."

No, that would be more geared towards people who think the Obama administration is setting up re-education camps.

Y'know, I really don't have a problem agreeing that in this particular case it doesn't appear that the guy was motivated by what the RW talkers have had to say. At the same time it appears that these same talkers don't seem to want to engage in the wider conversation about how their eliminationist rhetoric has the potential effect of stirring other people up. I still can't believe Fox News had Bernie Goldberg of all people on to try and deny that this is the case.

It's too bad it's taken something like this to get our so-called Liberal Media™ talking about the rhetoric more and it's ironic that it took an incident that really wasn't caused by it in the first place.

And no, just because both sides have their violent whackos doesn't mean both have been just as bad the last 10+years. This false equivalency horseshit is just that: horseshit.

Firstly, there is no trademark on the phrase 'Liberal Media'. To suggest there is makes you look stupid.

Secondly, if you cannot see bias in certain media towards the left, then you really aren't very smart... which links back to my first point.

Firstly, there is no trademark on the phrase 'Liberal Media'. To suggest there is makes you look stupid.

Secondly, if you cannot see bias in certain media towards the left, then you really aren't very smart... which links back to my first point.

Firstly, my use of the ™ is a way to mock the cons here and elsewhere who have used the phrase ad nauseum. To not see this doesn't necessarily make you stupid, but it doesn't say much for you that you feel the need to nitpick on it, either.

Secondly, if you don't see how much of our mainstream news media is geared more towards sensationalism and the bottom line than anything else, then it doesn't say much for your own intellignece.

Hmm, I thought he was talking about you.

But you are already on the 'too stupid for intelligent discussion' list..... mainly because you were stupid enough to claim that liberals hate conservatives. You speak for yourself. Not for liberals. Most of them are smarter than you. And, most of them don't 'hate' anyone based on politics.

Firstly, my use of the ™ is a way to mock the cons here and elsewhere who have used the phrase ad nauseum. To not see this doesn't necessarily make you stupid, but it doesn't say much for you that you feel the need to nitpick on it, either.

Secondly, if you don't see how much of our mainstream news media is geared more towards sensationalism and the bottom line than anything else, then it doesn't say much for your own intellignece.

Your 'mocking' makes you look stupid. I did realize your 'joke' but it's just not very clever. But I am a nitpicker.

And.... yea, I do appreciate the 'sensationalism' aspect of the 'news'.... I also see the ridiculous bullshit coming from liberal media, linking every ill in the country to the GOP. And, what is more entertaining, I see how many people fall for it without bothering to check into the facts. This speaks badly of our media - but speak even worse of the intelligence of those that follow.

No one can argue cowgal is intelligent, or didn't clean her tuna can today.:lol:

Your 'mocking' makes you look stupid. I did realize your 'joke' but it's just not very clever. But I am a nitpicker.

And.... yea, I do appreciate the 'sensationalism' aspect of the 'news'.... I also see the ridiculous bullshit coming from liberal media, linking every ill in the country to the GOP. And, what is more entertaining, I see how many people fall for it without bothering to check into the facts. This speaks badly of our media - but speak even worse of the intelligence of those that follow.

SNIFF Yuk, I smell tuna fish again................

That's the best you can do?

Time and time again you prove my point. I don't even have to try to make you look stupid. Thanks.

Hmm, I thought he was talking about you.

But you are already on the 'too stupid for intelligent discussion' list..... mainly because you were stupid enough to claim that liberals hate conservatives. You speak for yourself. Not for liberals. Most of them are smarter than you. And, most of them don't 'hate' anyone based on politics.

SNIFF You are really an imbecile, and smell like a tuna fish can. Unfortunately you just discribed yourself again. Having a Schizo moment there? LOL! You speak to your other half, which reminds me, here is freebie for you............. http://www.schizophreniareports.com/signup1/rep/index.php?adtrack=google&webformid=84&origurl=schizophreniagoogle&gclid=CNbS6sKzvaYCFQUSbAodtBm-Gw

Last edited:

That's the best you can do?

Time and time again you prove my point. I don't even have to try to make you look stupid. Thanks.

That hay in your hair is very telling, since the village idiot wagon just passed through to town. SNIFF Tuna alright.

There's more

Since no one claimed any of these poor victims as accessories to murder, I wonder if Chuckie K will get sued for libel?

You are beyond stupid and a very poor liar.

Somehow I get the feeling you really didn't get what I was doing, but I have no way of knowing so I'll drop it.

As for the second part, though, do you listen to either Rush or Hannity?

When did the Right come together to decide they would all but unanimously support the idea that words don't have consequences? That what comes out of the media can't influence anyone's behaviour?

Setting aside Loughner for a moment, when did that change of heart, as a general principle occur?

No, that would be more geared towards people who think the Obama administration is setting up re-education camps.
you mean the same ones that thought Bush was too?

Last edited:

you mean the same ones that thought Bush was too?

I suppose. How many of them were prominent public figures like a US Congresswoman?

Forum List

Back