Massacre, Followed by Libel

When did the Right come together to decide they would all but unanimously support the idea that words don't have consequences? That what comes out of the media can't influence anyone's behaviour?

Setting aside Loughner for a moment, when did that change of heart, as a general principle occur?
Last Saturday.

When did the Right come together to decide they would all but unanimously support the idea that words don't have consequences? That what comes out of the media can't influence anyone's behaviour?

Setting aside Loughner for a moment, when did that change of heart, as a general principle occur?
Last Saturday.
where are conservatives against personal responsibility in this
last i knew most were blaming the person ACTUALLY responsible, the shooter
while you and the moronic liberals want to place blame on people not even remotely involved

Last Saturday.
while you and the moronic liberals want to place blame on people not even remotely involved
I've not blamed anyone but the shooter for his actions.

And I've not excused the nutty winger talking heads for their vitriol.

Even with no connection, it is ridiculous to put gunsights on people and talk about killing liberals, etc.

Last Saturday.

Even with no connection, it is ridiculous to put gunsights on people and talk about killing liberals, etc.
you still dont get it

you still dont get it
Yeah, I get it. Chucky K. is pretending someone claimed that Palin and Rush are accessories to murder.

He's a liar.

Next he'll be supporting the fairness doctrine so none of the hate spewers get their little feelings hurt.

Let's just say I'd be surprised if there aren't a whole lot of lawsuits and Senate hearings in the near future.

Yeah..the shooting of a Democratic Representative..is just about as random as it gets.

See?
do you know she was shot only because she was a democrat?
or could it possibly have been she was "the face of the government"

The charge: The Tucson massacre is a consequence of the "climate of hate" created by Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, Glenn Beck, Obamacare opponents and sundry other liberal betes noires.

The verdict: Rarely in American political discourse has there been a charge so reckless, so scurrilous and so unsupported by evidence.

As killers go, Jared Loughner is not reticent. Yet among all his writings, postings, videos and other ravings - and in all the testimony from all the people who knew him - there is not a single reference to any of these supposed accessories to murder.

Not only is there no evidence that Loughner was impelled to violence by any of those upon whom Paul Krugman, Keith Olbermann, the New York Times, the Tucson sheriff and other rabid partisans are fixated. There is no evidence that he was responding to anything, political or otherwise, outside of his own head.

A climate of hate? This man lived within his very own private climate. "His thoughts were unrelated to anything in our world," said the teacher of Loughner's philosophy class at Pima Community College. "He was very disconnected from reality," said classmate Lydian Ali. "You know how it is when you talk to someone who's mentally ill and they're just not there?" said neighbor Jason Johnson. "It was like he was in his own world."

His ravings, said one high school classmate, were interspersed with "unnerving, long stupors of silence" during which he would "stare fixedly at his buddies," reported the Wall Street Journal. His own writings are confused, incoherent, punctuated with private numerology and inscrutable taxonomy. He warns of government brainwashing and thought control through "grammar." He was obsessed with "conscious dreaming," a fairly good synonym for hallucinations.

This is not political behavior. These are the signs of a clinical thought disorder - ideas disconnected from each other, incoherent, delusional, detached from reality.

There's more

Charles Krauthammer - Massacre, followed by libel

Any lunkheads who still don't get it, never will.

liberal hate speech DOES lead to violence

conservative hate speech DOES NOT!

right?

Yeah..the shooting of a Democratic Representative..is just about as random as it gets.

See?

Loughner is irrational.
Read the postings from Loughner linked in this thread, it's posts and videos from many sources, though it started with just the forum postings:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...and-threads-above-top-secret.html#post3209879

If you feel the need to blame someone other than Loughner...start here:

Wait...I thought conservatives hated the government?

See how stupid this can get?
wrong, conservatives dont "hate" government
we believe in smaller more efficient government

even though the GOP insists on growing the government almost as much as the dems do

You bozos sure are emotionally invested in proving the right is responsible for the shooting.

Reality doesn't seem to be cooperating, though.

Of course words have consequence. That is why we are so upset.

However, It is also worth pointing out (again) that no words by us had the consequence implied.

that is what all this circus has been about this past week. Your blaming us for setting up an environment where he would go nuts because of the words he spoke. Ignoring the words on your side that might also be inflammatory, and ignoring the fact there is no causal relationship.

You folks have been implying that A caused B. Not only do you fail to prove a relation, you refuse to acknowledge proof of no relation between our words and his acts.

Of course words have consequence. That is why we are so upset.

However, It is also worth pointing out (again) that no words by us had the consequence implied.

that is what all this circus has been about this past week. Your blaming us for setting up an environment where he would go nuts because of the words he spoke. Ignoring the words on your side that might also be inflammatory, and ignoring the fact there is no causal relationship.

You folks have been implying that A caused B. Not only do you fail to prove a relation, you refuse to acknowledge proof of no relation between our words and his acts.

Who's "you folks"? I already acknowledged this in my first post in this thread. YOU folks would like to just keep the focus on the Tuscon shooting so you don't have to acknowledge all the other shit that's happened before this and is still happening.

When Rep. Gifford's father was on his way to visit her in the hospital he was asked if she had any enemies. He said "Yeah, the whole Tea Party". The fact that so many others besides him initially had that idea didn't come about in a vacuum.

you still dont get it
Yeah, I get it. Chucky K. is pretending someone claimed that Palin and Rush are accessories to murder.

He's a liar.

Next he'll be supporting the fairness doctrine so none of the hate spewers get their little feelings hurt.

The left has blamed them/the right since the shooting. How do you not know this? Hell, even the AZ sheriff blamed the right. Krauthammer isn't the liar.

Forum List

Back