Massacre, Followed by Libel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zoom-boing, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    There's more

Charles Krauthammer - Massacre, followed by libel

Any lunkheads who still don't get it, never will.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    When I read this paragraph...

"This is not political behavior. These are the signs of a clinical thought disorder - ideas disconnected from each other, incoherent, delusional, detached from reality."

I thought he was talking about liberals.

3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    Since no one claimed any of these poor victims as accessories to murder, I wonder if Chuckie K will get sued for libel?

4. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Y'know, I really don't have a problem agreeing that in this particular case it doesn't appear that the guy was motivated by what the RW talkers have had to say. At the same time it appears that these same talkers don't seem to want to engage in the wider conversation about how their eliminationist rhetoric has the potential effect of stirring other people up. I still can't believe Fox News had Bernie Goldberg of all people on to try and deny that this is the case.

It's too bad it's taken something like this to get our so-called Liberal Media™ talking about the rhetoric more and it's ironic that it took an incident that really wasn't caused by it in the first place.

And no, just because both sides have their violent whackos doesn't mean both have been just as bad the last 10+years. This false equivalency horseshit is just that: horseshit.

5. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    No, that would be more geared towards people who think the Obama administration is setting up re-education camps.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Firstly, there is no trademark on the phrase 'Liberal Media'. To suggest there is makes you look stupid.

Secondly, if you cannot see bias in certain media towards the left, then you really aren't very smart... which links back to my first point.

7. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hmm, I thought he was talking about you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Firstly, my use of the ™ is a way to mock the cons here and elsewhere who have used the phrase ad nauseum. To not see this doesn't necessarily make you stupid, but it doesn't say much for you that you feel the need to nitpick on it, either.

Secondly, if you don't see how much of our mainstream news media is geared more towards sensationalism and the bottom line than anything else, then it doesn't say much for your own intellignece.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    But you are already on the 'too stupid for intelligent discussion' list..... mainly because you were stupid enough to claim that liberals hate conservatives. You speak for yourself. Not for liberals. Most of them are smarter than you. And, most of them don't 'hate' anyone based on politics.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Your 'mocking' makes you look stupid. I did realize your 'joke' but it's just not very clever. But I am a nitpicker.

And.... yea, I do appreciate the 'sensationalism' aspect of the 'news'.... I also see the ridiculous bullshit coming from liberal media, linking every ill in the country to the GOP. And, what is more entertaining, I see how many people fall for it without bothering to check into the facts. This speaks badly of our media - but speak even worse of the intelligence of those that follow.