Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages for U.S. Troops 'Shameful' Read more

A Massachusetts law professor has created a campus firestorm with an email to colleagues that declares it would be "shameful" to send care packages to U.S. troops "who have gone overseas to kill other human beings."
Michael Avery, a professor at Suffolk University Law School, sent a five-paragraph email to colleagues in response to a school-wide appeal for care packages for deployed soldiers, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reports.
"I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings," Avery wrote.

Read more: Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages For U.S. Troops 'Shameful' | Fox News

He should go fuck himself.

Several things about the good professor that comes to mind here, one is that the young men and women that are overseas getting these care packages are there doing a job that not only defends his rights to make such comments but are also doing a job he himself does not have the courage to defend. Let me be clear, while one's ability to be able to speak as they wish given to them by the constitution and cherished by all is exercised daily in this nation and by the professor who teaches the very law it is based on, he fails to recognize that that constitution survives because for over 200 year's young men and women have defended it with their lives. their limbs and often times with little more than a thank you and sometimes not even that. So if the good professor had to defend the very rights he is exercising I am sure he would be the first to advocate for a care package.

I'm sorry, but I insist. It was not the men making wars that guaranteed the constitution. Clever leaders and an open minded people, tired of the old world's opression, did it. Wars can only kill democracy. Remember the napoleonic wars. The french revolution was already starting to sink... when the wars started, the republican revolution was destroyed and buried. USA has what is necessary to ensure freedom. There are no needs for wars.

marcell, look Wars in general a mean nasty business and the best War ever fought was the one you avoided and spent a career trying to avoid. My contention is a simple one, the young men and women who fight them, especially now, are people who make a decision on their own to do so and as such it is no indication that they love the idea of killing but more so the idea that to defend liberty and vigilence in the defense of those who cannot defend themselves helps avoid war and eventually leads to peace.To send a package to a love one, or those that are for the most part defending the liberties that those enjoy is not an overt act of supporting war it is acknowledging that the person you are sending the care package too is taking on the burden with their life and limb of keeping the nation in which you live safe. You see, the generation of sailor, soldier, airmen, and marine, that is currently invloved in conflict the world over is different in that the nations that send them there are for the most part not involved other than the familes of the members that are there. Take our nation for instance, we have cut our taxes over the last 10 years while fighting 2 wars not raised them nor do we have a draft, so the nation as a whole has no connection to the young men and women defending it. The simple act of sending a care package is not an endorsement of the act of war rather it is finally taking part in supporting those that defend it even if the reasons they are there are something you and I may not agree with.

Last edited:
You know..........being an orphan and not having much in the way of family, I didn't get much in the way of care packages until my last sea tour when my room mates sent them.

Even though I managed without them, it was sure nice when one came in.

My packages generally included 1 sleeve of Copenhagen, 1 large bottle of Tabasco, a bag of Starbucks coffee and a box of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.

We take care of our Men & Women in our Military. Most Americans put politics aside when it comes to that. And that's why America is so great. I really loved that Veterans Day Basketball Game on the Aircraft Carrier. It really was an an awesome Veterans Day gift to our Soldiers. Things like that only happen in America. Most other nations around the World especially in Europe,love to use their Militaries but refuse to show them the proper respect & gratitude they deserve. If you're gonna send these kids to fight & die,at least show them some love. This guy is entitled to his opinion but others are also entitled to tell him he's a petty asshole.

You know..........being an orphan and not having much in the way of family, I didn't get much in the way of care packages until my last sea tour when my room mates sent them.

My packages generally included 1 sleeve of Copenhagen, 1 large bottle of Tabasco, a bag of Starbucks coffee and a box of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.

The unwritten rules nowadays is you send enough so that the contents can be shared with their fellow soldiers. They love getting those boxes.

hmmm, sounds like you probably got somewhere between 60 and 100 percent disability for extreme IBS...

I always thought Europe was pretty lame in how they treated their Militaries. They love to use them and get them killed but refuse to show them proper respect. I'm glad our Country isn't like that. You have to put politics aside and show some gratitude to these brave men & women. It's the right thing to do.

I always thought Europe was pretty lame in how they treated their Militaries. They love to use them and get them killed but refuse to show them proper respect. I'm glad our Country isn't like that. You have to put politics aside and show some gratitude to these brave men & women. It's the right thing to do.

except for pigs like mani and dot pig we don't want their fucking gratitude and that goes doubly for the pig professer too.

except for pigs like mani and dot pig we don't want their fucking gratitude and that goes doubly for the pig professer too.

Well this guy is just your typical Anti-American Marxist-wannabe asshole. These nutters have over-run our Universities the last 30yrs. or so. He's nothing new or original. Our Universities really are crawling with these Marxist-wannabe cockroaches. This guy just takes the European approach on Military. They love to use and get their Soldiers killed whenever it's convenient for them. But then at the same time they rail against them and refuse to show respect & gratitude. The Europeans have become very cowardly that way. I like that our country shows love to its brave Soldiers. They deserve it. So to Hell with this creep.

My freshman english term paper was a thesis defending Reagan's SDI program. The professor actually told me that it was 'A' quality writing but she was giving me a B because she disagreed with the position I took.

True story.

My freshman english term paper was a thesis defending Reagan's SDI program. The professor actually told me that it was 'A' quality writing but she was giving me a B because she disagreed with the position I took.

True story.

good for her, she knows a pig when she smells one.

pig says what? :eusa_eh: Seriously Willow..... I didn't get any care packages when I served so I just bucked-up. It wasn't in my contract that I get them so no harm done to me anyway.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
A Massachusetts law professor has created a campus firestorm with an email to colleagues that declares it would be "shameful" to send care packages to U.S. troops "who have gone overseas to kill other human beings."
Michael Avery, a professor at Suffolk University Law School, sent a five-paragraph email to colleagues in response to a school-wide appeal for care packages for deployed soldiers, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reports.
"I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings," Avery wrote.

Read more: Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages For U.S. Troops 'Shameful' | Fox News

Almost as shameful as Demint. But not quite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtr06xUt7Xo]Jim DeMint: Veterans Don't Deserve Jobs - YouTube[/ame]

Not that you guys think so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtr06xUt7Xo]Jim DeMint: Veterans Don't Deserve Jobs - YouTube[/ame]

rachel madcow is a liar isnn't she? and gay too?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anti-American Marxist-Wannabes took over our Universities a long time ago. The indoctrination of our youth is so pervasive and powerful. I'm actually surpised there are any Conservatives in America. They have been so thoroughly ostracized by the Wingnut wannabes. This wanker is just a perfect representation of what our Universities have become. It's pretty sad.

rachel madcow is a liar isnn't she? and gay too?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like I said.

You guys freely attack an idiot professor shitting on vets. But never one of your own.

Hypocritical as it gets.

She mentioned her Grandson once. You keep bringing him up? At my discretion, I will do what I know is right

I fully agree with this. Family members should not be subject to attack.

I agree.

Just pointing out hypocrisy whenever I get the chance.

Thanks Pixie for helping me out with that. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJznoO3SIg&feature=related]Happy Pig Wallowing in Mudhole - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back