Mass Killings: The Blame

Licensing, registration, vigorous vetting, etc., WILL greatly reduce the number of weapons that mentally unstable folk and criminals are able to obtain openly.

This guy was not judged as mentally unstable, therefore your idea wouldn't' have worked. The Vegas shooter the same. He was not diagnosed as mentally anything and bought his weapons legally through the background check system.

The Bigger-Fish-to-Fry is the 29,900... and taking a whack at substantively reducing THAT number.

And that's all it would be too---just taking a whack at it. We don't need to turn the entire country upside down to "take a whack" at anything. We either have something that will stop all mass shootings or we don't. I don't want our representatives to keep making regulation after regulation, law after law, and all along making it more miserable for law abiding citizens to buy or own guns. You know it won't work, I know it won't work, and it's just a foot in the door for liberals to keep piling on more regulations. Because you'll demand X, and when we have another shooting, you'll demand another X, and another X.

I say no. Democrats cannot be trusted.
Yep... taking a whack at it... 'cause the old way just ain't workin' any more...

Of course, it doesn't. It tried to keep the sheep happy by saying, "Don't worry, you'll get rewarded in the afterlife that we can't prove exists, and that rich douchebag who cancels your health insurance will get to burn in hell!"

Except people are smart enough today not to buy into those fairy tales. We have computers and space shuttles and shit.

That OCD again, eh Joe?

When people did buy into those fairy tales, we didn't have school shootings nor mass shootings as we do today. So wasn't it better when people believed in God?

But now that less people do believe in God and an afterlife, we are becoming more evil. Don't you see a pattern here? Oh, but there can't be a God. We have space shuttles and computers.

Except nobody believes that about Death. Death means you cease to be. The real problem with kids is that they think they are immortal, and they have no concept of death. Which is why they always took stupid risks, even when we were young.

You just repeated what I said: you no longer exist. Yes, that is what they believe, and that's why they have no fear of punishment for killing one person or a hundred. They do it and figure when you die, you don't exist anymore. That's the problem.

Except crime went down for demographic reasons. As the population gets older, it gets less inclined to commit crimes. But the number of mass shooting skyrocketed after Bush let the nuts have assault weapons again.

Bush didn't do anything, Congress did, and they let the ban expire because it didn't have any positive results. Only a liberal would want to keep something that didn't work.

Nobody sits there and says "Now that we have AR's, I can commit a mass shooting." You can commit a mass shooting with any gun. An AR is a semi-automatic and so are many handguns. They basically do the same thing.

No, I believe that with AR's around, you can shoot a lot of high powered shots in a very short amount of time, which is what makes it possible to be a mass murderer. If you are having to reload after every six shots, you just aren't going to kill as many people.

Six shots? My 9mm holds 15 rounds. Why would changing magazines stop anybody from a mass murder? Do you know how long it takes to change a magazine? About three seconds; one second if you practice it:

Licensing, registration, vigorous vetting, etc., WILL greatly reduce the number of weapons that mentally unstable folk and criminals are able to obtain openly.

This guy was not judged as mentally unstable, therefore your idea wouldn't' have worked. The Vegas shooter the same. He was not diagnosed as mentally anything and bought his weapons legally through the background check system.

The Bigger-Fish-to-Fry is the 29,900... and taking a whack at substantively reducing THAT number.

And that's all it would be too---just taking a whack at it. We don't need to turn the entire country upside down to "take a whack" at anything. We either have something that will stop all mass shootings or we don't. I don't want our representatives to keep making regulation after regulation, law after law, and all along making it more miserable for law abiding citizens to buy or own guns. You know it won't work, I know it won't work, and it's just a foot in the door for liberals to keep piling on more regulations. Because you'll demand X, and when we have another shooting, you'll demand another X, and another X.

Yep... taking a whack at it... 'cause the old way just ain't workin' any more...

And neither would a new way. That's why we're against it.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

And what would that solve? The school shooter purchased his firearm legal thorough a background check. No loopholes, he didn't go to a gun show, buy it off the internet, or from a former owner who couldn't do a background check. He bought it fair and square.

The worst one before that was the Vegas shooter who did the same.

So what new licensing, registration and vetting would have stopped either of these killers from buying guns legally?

Well, how about this.

Every time we have one of these shootings, we find out everyone in this person's life knew he was crazy.

How about asking everyone you know before we let you buy a gun, and if one of them says, "Yeah, he's nuts! He even has a picture of someone shooting someone on his message board avi", that person doesn't get a gun.

And what would that solve? The school shooter purchased his firearm legal thorough a background check. No loopholes, he didn't go to a gun show, buy it off the internet, or from a former owner who couldn't do a background check. He bought it fair and square.

The worst one before that was the Vegas shooter who did the same.

So what new licensing, registration and vetting would have stopped either of these killers from buying guns legally?

Well, how about this.

Every time we have one of these shootings, we find out everyone in this person's life knew he was crazy.

How about asking everyone you know before we let you buy a gun, and if one of them says, "Yeah, he's nuts! He even has a picture of someone shooting someone on his message board avi", that person doesn't get a gun.

So what you're saying is that our government should be able to take away a constitutional right by asking friends and neighbors, and getting a psychological evaluation from a garbage man or waitress?

Well if you like that idea, how about we do the same for voting rights? You know, somebody asks me about my liberal friend or cousin and if they should have their right to vote removed. We could use that for free speech too. Just think, you'd never have to hear about a Tweet from Donald Trump again.

Joe, Constitutional rights are a guarantee of freedom and a restriction on government. It's what makes us transcending among all other nations. If one could take those rights away by opinion and not because of action, then there would be no sense of having a Constitution at all.

It's almost as if the removal of corporal punishment coincides with the start of crazy stuff going on.

Owait, you're damn right it is. That plus the removal of God equals fail squared.

The below excellent from Florida Republicans, do not give in to the Far Left Fascists Marion Morrison defcon4

u39yJo_rQXCLrh715Hk5EA.png

_DZl9A1jQgmpUPc-saflcQ.png

Florida Legislature Votes Down Measure to Ban Assault Rifles

What is the explanation….seems to be more and more mass killings….

1. Guns???

If guns kill people, I guess pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
No….it’s not inanimate objects that are the ultimate cause.

….there were lots of guns in earlier times….the .45 cal handgun was available….it’s called the 1911 because it was developed in 1911…and it has been ubiquitous since World War I.

In the 1990s with a handgun ban in effect, Wash DC had the highest murder rate in Western Civilization, ….and now you can own guns legally, and the homicide rate has declined.

2. Well, there was the St Valentine’s Day Massacre….and the Texas Tower…but, today we have incidents like the school shooting, and I heard on the news that Chicago sends police to funerals, where people are shooting others who they claim caused the the death they were memorializing.

And this….
“6 dead in 'calculated' shooting at backyard party in Pa.”
6 dead in 'calculated' shooting at backyard party in Pa.

It’s practically commonplace today.

But, no… not the availability of guns….it’s the degradation of the culture.

It's something else.....something that didn't begin with the start of this nation.
Just FYI, the Colt 1911 originated in the late 1890's, so it's moniker "1911" is a bit misleading.
What the anti-gunners don't realize is that now, with current technology, it's easy to manufacture your own handgun, AR, or AK, in your home, thus eliminating the pesky law enforcement review of your background and you can possess a firearm that is untraceable as there would be no serial number.
As for school shooters, they tend to have one thing in common......their age. They tend to be in their teens to young adults and as the male frontal cortex doesn't mature completely until the age of 25, I would suggest restricting the age of "legal purchase" to those 25 years and older.

When people did buy into those fairy tales, we didn't have school shootings nor mass shootings as we do today. So wasn't it better when people believed in God?

No, it wasn't. We had crusades and jihads and inquisitions. Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history, not once, not even by accident.

We have mass shootings now because weapons that didn't even EXIST back then are now generally available to the public. For instance, back in the 1930's when gangsters used "Tommie Guns" to shoot each other, they banned the Tommie Gun. The NRA helped write the legislation. God had nothing to do with it.

Today, the NRA fights to keep far more devastating weapons accessable to guys like Cruz, Lanza, Holmes, Mateen... and we get exactly the result you should expect.

You just repeated what I said: you no longer exist.

No, you babbled some shit like dying was going to sleep.

So what you're saying is that our government should be able to take away a constitutional right by asking friends and neighbors, and getting a psychological evaluation from a garbage man or waitress?

Well if you like that idea, how about we do the same for voting rights? You know, somebody asks me about my liberal friend or cousin and if they should have their right to vote removed. We could use that for free speech too. Just think, you'd never have to hear about a Tweet from Donald Trump again.

Again, constitution doesn't use the word Gun once, and the second Amendment was about militias. But if you could kill a classroom full of children with a tweet or a vote, I'd probably want to look at that, too.

Joe, Constitutional rights are a guarantee of freedom and a restriction on government. It's what makes us transcending among all other nations.

First, there are no "rights". Any fool who thinks he has rights needs to look up "Japanese Americans, 1942". We have privileges that the rest of society agrees we should have. The thing is, the 79% of us who don't want guns in our house have let ourselves be bullied by the 3% who own half the guns in the country because they are compensating for tiny dicks.

Second, America is the idiot of the industrialized world. We only lead the world in mass shootings and the number of people who believe angels are a thing.

No, it wasn't. We had crusades and jihads and inquisitions. Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history, not once, not even by accident.

We have mass shootings now because weapons that didn't even EXIST back then are now generally available to the public. For instance, back in the 1930's when gangsters used "Tommie Guns" to shoot each other, they banned the Tommie Gun. The NRA helped write the legislation. God had nothing to do with it.

Today, the NRA fights to keep far more devastating weapons accessable to guys like Cruz, Lanza, Holmes, Mateen... and we get exactly the result you should expect.

Oh, that's right. These people would have never went on killing sprees if not for the AR, huh?

You people are twisted in the head. The very idea that guns control what people do and not people is a clear demonstration how brainwashing works for the Democrat party, and why they keep using it. And let me ask: after they banned the Tommy gun, that stopped gang violence????

No, you babbled some shit like dying was going to sleep.

WTF is the difference?

Again, constitution doesn't use the word Gun once, and the second Amendment was about militias. But if you could kill a classroom full of children with a tweet or a vote, I'd probably want to look at that, too.

Well the Supreme Court disagrees with you as do most Americans.

First, there are no "rights". Any fool who thinks he has rights needs to look up "Japanese Americans, 1942". We have privileges that the rest of society agrees we should have. The thing is, the 79% of us who don't want guns in our house have let ourselves be bullied by the 3% who own half the guns in the country because they are compensating for tiny dicks.

Second, America is the idiot of the industrialized world. We only lead the world in mass shootings and the number of people who believe angels are a thing.

We don't have rights? Great to hear, now we can deport those intruders with no trial; just put them on a bus and ship them out. I didn't hear any of you leftists say we don't have rights when we had those terrorists (that your President let go) in Gitmo. You leftists claim that people who don't even live here have rights.

And WTF are you getting your statistics from anyway? 80% of people don't want guns in their home? If that was the case, the Democrats would have made it so difficult to have a gun it would be virtually impossible to get one. Even Democrat politicians don't want to step on that foot. 3% own half the guns in this country? 3% own 150 million guns???

So you're going to try to convince people to get on your side with that tiny dick thing again, huh? You people live in your own little make up world, don't you. Like when you make a childish comment like that, you're expecting people to say "Oh Lord, I've been exposed! I'm going to get rid of my guns right now! I don't want people to think I have a tiny dick!" :abgg2q.jpg:

You leftists really believe people are as stupid as you wish they were.

And neither would a new way. That's why we're against it.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh
We have hit an agree-to-disagree point in this exchange.

Serious gun control works in other developed countries.

It will work here too.

National databases and standards for licensing, weapon registration, vigorous screening, mandatory reporting of convictions and diagnoses, and vigorous enforcement.

Given the increasing pace of mass shootings within our country, we are quickly reaching a tipping point as it relates to popular support for better gun control.

The People of the United States are sovereign on this soil... if they want it enough, they'll get it, and, I believe, we're looking at a groundswell towards just such an outcome here.

The trick will be for Gun Rights advocates to perceive and acknowledge this shift in the National Psyche and to ensure they have a place at the table.

One obtains a place at the table by engaging in dialogue and the give-and-take of meaningful political accommodation, rather than obstructionism.

Every time we see another classroom full of slaughtered babes, it becomes that much more difficult for Gun Folk to hang onto the old arrangement.

To turn the tables briefly... you know that, I know that, and the public at-large knows that.

The longer you obstruct, the smaller your seat at that future table, when Judgment Day arrives in this context... and Judgment Day's a'comin'.

Best to get out in front of it now, while there's still some time.

The clock is ticking.

Last edited:
Oh, that's right. These people would have never went on killing sprees if not for the AR, huh?

Um, yeah, if you can only shoot six rounds at a time, you just aren't going to kill as many people.

Duh. I thought you knew lot about guns.

WTF is the difference?

You wake up from going to sleep, to start with.

Most Americans favor stricter gun laws. Also, if people knew how weak the guns laws are, they'd probably be shocked.

Gun-Control-Graph.jpg

We don't have rights? Great to hear, now we can deport those intruders with no trial; just put them on a bus and ship them out. I didn't hear any of you leftists say we don't have rights when we had those terrorists (that your President let go) in Gitmo. You leftists claim that people who don't even live here have rights.

I've never made that claim. so argue with what I'm arguing, not what other people are arguing.

"Rights" are what people decide they are. When the majority gets sick and tired of the gun nuts and their shit, you'll be AMAZED how fast the Second Amendment will be about Militias again.

And WTF are you getting your statistics from anyway? 80% of people don't want guns in their home? If that was the case, the Democrats would have made it so difficult to have a gun it would be virtually impossible to get one. Even Democrat politicians don't want to step on that foot. 3% own half the guns in this country? 3% own 150 million guns???

imrs.php

And this is the problem with the gun industry. They know that their market isn't the 78% who don't own a gun or even the 19% who bought a gun 10 years ago and stuck it in their closet. They know their market is the three percent compensating for tiny peckers. Just like the alcohol industry markets towards alcoholics, the gun industry markets to gun nuts.

So you're going to try to convince people to get on your side with that tiny dick thing again, huh? You people live in your own little make up world, don't you. Like when you make a childish comment like that, you're expecting people to say "Oh Lord, I've been exposed! I'm going to get rid of my guns right now! I don't want people to think I have a tiny dick!"

No, I don't expect to ever win over the guys who think they need guns to compensate for their "Shortcomings". They are a fringe to be marginalized.

I would point out to the other 97% that they don't want their kids going to school with Adam Lanza or Nikolas Cruz being able to get a military grade weapon.

It's almost as if the removal of corporal punishment coincides with the start of crazy stuff going on.

Owait, you're damn right it is. That plus the removal of God equals fail squared.

The below excellent from Florida Republicans, do not give in to the Far Left Fascists Marion Morrison defcon4

Crap like that is why people should not vote Democrat.

Did you see the part where more than half already do have police in the school?

I do believe the school where the shooting was had one. (School; Officer)

which only proves the point that such measures are useless. Campus police didn't stop this, they didn't stop VA Tech, they didn't stop Columbine. By the time the School Cop even knows there is a shooting going on, the mayhem has already been done.

What is needed is to keep nuts from getting guns to start with.

which only proves the point that such measures are useless. Campus police didn't stop this, they didn't stop VA Tech, they didn't stop Columbine. By the time the School Cop even knows there is a shooting going on, the mayhem has already been done.

Enter the State Mental Health system.

If the government did their job correctly, that shooting would not have happened.

Look at the bottom center picture. That guy is on the news all the time as a "survivor."

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.06.08 AM.png

Um, yeah, if you can only shoot six rounds at a time, you just aren't going to kill as many people.

Duh. I thought you knew lot about guns.

WTF is the difference?

You wake up from going to sleep, to start with.

Most Americans favor stricter gun laws. Also, if people knew how weak the guns laws are, they'd probably be shocked.

Gun-Control-Graph.jpg

I've never made that claim. so argue with what I'm arguing, not what other people are arguing.

"Rights" are what people decide they are. When the majority gets sick and tired of the gun nuts and their shit, you'll be AMAZED how fast the Second Amendment will be about Militias again.

imrs.php

And this is the problem with the gun industry. They know that their market isn't the 78% who don't own a gun or even the 19% who bought a gun 10 years ago and stuck it in their closet. They know their market is the three percent compensating for tiny peckers. Just like the alcohol industry markets towards alcoholics, the gun industry markets to gun nuts.

So you're going to try to convince people to get on your side with that tiny dick thing again, huh? You people live in your own little make up world, don't you. Like when you make a childish comment like that, you're expecting people to say "Oh Lord, I've been exposed! I'm going to get rid of my guns right now! I don't want people to think I have a tiny dick!"

No, I don't expect to ever win over the guys who think they need guns to compensate for their "Shortcomings". They are a fringe to be marginalized.

I would point out to the other 97% that they don't want their kids going to school with Adam Lanza or Nikolas Cruz being able to get a military grade weapon.
Uh...guy. Your statistics a screwed up. Any reasonable person will say "no" to the question if they own firearms in fear that the oppressive forces of the state would go straight to their house to confiscate it if the subversive entities push through a legislation for confiscation. Imbeciles will be imbeciles, no?

Can’t answer a simple question or have already forgotten it?
My comment wasn’t you specifically :lol: just as your comment was directed at a “they” and “them”.

The topic isn’t about race why are you making it about race?

Now that we have agreed that you are a coward, I'll answer for you.

1.Reliable Democrat voters have been trained never to question their masters, the elites.
I am perfectly willing to prove that you accept their orders without either hesitation or understanding....kind of like a trained seal.

2. Declining to answer whether you ascribe to collectivism or individualism, in effect, answered....you are a totalitarian: Hegel, Marx, the Left is your only religion.

3. Guns are not the problem.....folks like you are: you support the party that wished to drive religion and morality out of the public arena.

Your statement:
In the 1990s with a handgun ban in effect, Wash DC had the highest murder rate in Western Civilization, ….and now you can own guns legally, and the homicide rate has declined.

My question in response to it:
And what else changed in that time period?'

Do you read English?

"And what else changed in that time period?'"

The inordinate increase in power by an unAmerican political philosophy.

1. Let me review the view set forth in the OP.....
....it is not weapons of any sort.
It is the plummeting view of the value of human life that began with Rousseau, Hegel and Marx.

2. Mull this quote over:

Hegel said, “The state says … you must obey …. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protest”

That is the view of every one of these political stances:
Communism, Liberalism, Socialism, Fascism, Nazism and Progressivism.

3. Seen even more darkly here:
"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life." Leon Trotsky

4. My claim is that the American view, here, would result in a very different society, one that takes lives far less frequently:

In Thoreau’s On the duty of Civil Disobedience, he states: “ There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all of its own power and authority are derived.”

Let's prove it together: to which view do you subscribe.....Hegel or Thoreau?

BTW...I read more than one language....but the key word is 'read.'
That describes only one of us.

More nonsense.

DC crime rate and gun control. Focus please.

U6CN0L2_SJOhJX67dDDgEg.png

^^^^ These are some of the survivors of the Florida School Shooting striking poses for the camera, um they DON'T look very TRAUMATISED do they? No they all look very HAPPY and ready to begin Marching and Screeching like good Brainwashed SJWs for the Leftist Agenda aka Ban All Guns Because That Is What The ODing On Kool Aid Has Told Us To Screech and March For.

All this 'spontanoeus outrage' is funded by Steven Speilberg And Friends, and coordinated and directed by the same people who organized the 'Women's Marches' and the Pussy Hats deviants and tards. It isn't 'spontaneous', and of course it gives the media hacks something to cover besides the Right To Life Marches, wherein many hundreds of thousands participate, including a huge numbers of children as well.

Now that we have agreed that you are a coward, I'll answer for you.

1.Reliable Democrat voters have been trained never to question their masters, the elites.
I am perfectly willing to prove that you accept their orders without either hesitation or understanding....kind of like a trained seal.

2. Declining to answer whether you ascribe to collectivism or individualism, in effect, answered....you are a totalitarian: Hegel, Marx, the Left is your only religion.

3. Guns are not the problem.....folks like you are: you support the party that wished to drive religion and morality out of the public arena.

Your statement:

My question in response to it:
And what else changed in that time period?'

Do you read English?

"And what else changed in that time period?'"

The inordinate increase in power by an unAmerican political philosophy.

1. Let me review the view set forth in the OP.....
....it is not weapons of any sort.
It is the plummeting view of the value of human life that began with Rousseau, Hegel and Marx.

2. Mull this quote over:

Hegel said, “The state says … you must obey …. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protest”

That is the view of every one of these political stances:
Communism, Liberalism, Socialism, Fascism, Nazism and Progressivism.

3. Seen even more darkly here:
"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life." Leon Trotsky

4. My claim is that the American view, here, would result in a very different society, one that takes lives far less frequently:

In Thoreau’s On the duty of Civil Disobedience, he states: “ There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all of its own power and authority are derived.”

Let's prove it together: to which view do you subscribe.....Hegel or Thoreau?

BTW...I read more than one language....but the key word is 'read.'
That describes only one of us.

More nonsense.

DC crime rate and gun control. Focus please.

U6CN0L2_SJOhJX67dDDgEg.png

^^^^ These are some of the survivors of the Florida School Shooting striking poses for the camera, um they DON'T look very TRAUMATISED do they? No they all look very HAPPY and ready to begin Marching and Screeching like good Brainwashed SJWs for the Leftist Agenda aka Ban All Guns Because That Is What The ODing On Kool Aid Has Told Us To Screech and March For.

All this 'spontanoeus outrage' is funded by Steven Speilberg And Friends, and coordinated and directed by the same people who organized the 'Women's Marches' and the Pussy Hats deviants and tards. It isn't 'spontaneous', and of course it gives the media hacks something to cover besides the Right To Life Marches, wherein many hundreds of thousands participate, including a huge numbers of children as well.

Why is Linda Sarsour AWOL?????

Forum List

Back