Mary of Magdala

She’s the only follower mentioned in all four Gospels. She is mentioned by name more than most of the apostles. Why did God want to drive home to us the message of her life?

She had seven demons possessing her. She lived a life of evil in constant anguish being avoided by everyone because all knew about her.

Then one day she heard a rumor about some healer performing miracles. She went to investigate.

Her demons were cast out and she was a new woman, freed from torment. She was there at His crucifixion and at his burial. The anguish she must have felt. This man who appeared to be the Messiah to her was tortured to death and is laying in a tomb. And it was an apostle she knew who turned him in.

But like the apostles, she did not understand what was supposed to happen next. She arrived at the tomb three days after his death to anoint the body with oil as was custom.

She arrived to find an empty tomb. Her first response was his body was stolen.

Then she learned the truth and everything that had happened all made sense.

Because she was his wife, that's why. What you have here is sloppy editing work at the Council of Nicea with conflated Marys.

The lesson of which is clear --- always proofread.

Oh and the apostle didn't "turn him in". He went to negotiate a prisoner exchange. Romans get Jesus, Jesus Barabbas gets released. ("Barabbas" = bar Abbas, son of the Master or son of the father, or as we would say today, "Jesus Junior").

That's why Judas found the mission distasteful -- he knew it meant the end of the Jesus thing (which was taking over the country), and why Jesus orders him "go now and do what thou hast to do".
I love theology from atheists.

Bring some in then.

I don't see anything here about "theology" though. All I see is history. Are we going on a tangent already?

Tell us that in Greek, you are reading into it the bullshit Da vinche code.

Jesus was and is married to the church as the bureaucrats of the millennial kingdom.

There is absolutely no evidence that Christ married. Because He did not. His mission did not require it.
His Bride are His followers.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

For you to suggest that Christ married a demon possessed woman is ludicrous...

She’s the only follower mentioned in all four Gospels. She is mentioned by name more than most of the apostles. Why did God want to drive home to us the message of her life?

She had seven demons possessing her. She lived a life of evil in constant anguish being avoided by everyone because all knew about her.

Then one day she heard a rumor about some healer performing miracles. She went to investigate.

Her demons were cast out and she was a new woman, freed from torment. She was there at His crucifixion and at his burial. The anguish she must have felt. This man who appeared to be the Messiah to her was tortured to death and is laying in a tomb. And it was an apostle she knew who turned him in.

But like the apostles, she did not understand what was supposed to happen next. She arrived at the tomb three days after his death to anoint the body with oil as was custom.

Because she was his wife, that's why. What you have here is sloppy editing work at the Council of Nicea with conflated Marys.

Oh and the apostle didn't "turn him in". He went to negotiate a prisoner exchange. Romans get Jesus, Jesus Barabbas gets released. ("Barabbas" = bar Abbas, son of the Master or son of the father, or as we would say today, "Jesus Junior").

That's why Judas found the mission distasteful -- he knew it meant the end of the Jesus thing (which was taking over the country), and why Jesus orders him "go now and do what thou hast to do".

Bring some in then.

I don't see anything here about "theology" though. All I see is history. Are we going on a tangent already?

Jesus was and is married to the church as the bureaucrats of the millennial kingdom.

Head of the church, we are its body

There is absolutely no evidence that Christ married. Because He did not. His mission did not require it.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

Bill Clinton married Hillary didn't he?

Bring some in then.

Sorry, I don't have Greek. I have read The DaVinci Code -- I can even spell it -- but none of this was in there. That's what we call a "novel".

But speaking of (but not in) Greek, did you know that the Greek word parthenos means "virgin", literally a female who has never had sex, as does the Hebrew betulah. Unfortunately Hebrew has another word with a nuance, almah, which means simply a young woman of childbearing age (with no reference to virginity) or as we might say, a "maiden". Wellsir, when it came time to translate the Babble into Greek, they came to the word almah. Not bethulah (which would have translated directly to parthenos) but almah. Not having a corresponding term in Greek, they wrote parthenos, implying that the prophecy was claiming that a virgin --- literally a virgin --- would give birth, which is something of a medical anomaly unless you want to go down the trail to parthenogenesis, which is what the Babble did, and the wacko fringe ran with it.

In the real world of course, what happened was that Joseph found his betrothed to be with child, and as he knew they had not done the boinky-boink she tried to explain it away as "God did it, I swear!" ("God" in this case likely taking the form of a local Roman centurion), whereupon he was compelled to divorce her for infidelity, which he did quietly so as "not to make her a public spectacle".

And that's all I know about that.

yeah. But he's Satan, soooooo

Bring some in then.

Sorry, I don't have Greek. I have read The DaVinci Code -- I can even spell it -- but none of this was in there. That's what we call a "novel".

But speaking of (but not in) Greek, did you know that the Greek word parthenos means "virgin", literally a female who has never had sex, as does the Hebrew betulah. Unfortunately Hebrew has another word with a nuance, almah, which means simply a young woman of childbearing age (with no reference to virginity) or as we might say, a "maiden". Wellsir, when it came time to translate the Babble into Greek, they came to the word almah. Not bethulah (which would have translated directly to parthenos) but almah. Not having a corresponding term in Greek, they wrote parthenos, implying that the prophecy was claiming that a virgin --- literally a virgin --- would give birth, which is something of a medical anomaly unless you want to go down the trail to parthenogenesis, which is what the Babble did, and the wacko fringe ran with it.

In the real world of course, what happened was that Joseph found his betrothed to be with child, and as he knew they had not done the boinky-boink she tried to explain it away as "God did it, I swear!" ("God" in this case likely taking the form of a local Roman centurion), whereupon he was compelled to divorce her for infidelity, which he did quietly so as "not to make her a public spectacle".

And that's all I know about that.

And that's all I know about that

We’ve found 14 writing issues in your text.
arrow.png

Grammar
table-ok.png

Punctuation
4Misuse of Semicolons, Quotation Marks, etc.
Spelling
6Unknown Words
Enhancement
2Word Choice
Style
1Inappropriate Colloquialisms
1Outdated Language
Sentence Structure
table-ok.png

Plagiarism was not detected
table-ok.png

BC married a ho. I believe that.

JC had a relationship with Mary Magdalene even though they didn't marry. Mary of Magdala was someone else.

I seriously doubt that Mary Magdalene was "possessed" by "demons." That is hocus pocus. What really occurred amongst these people is lost to history.

That Jesus probably was married comports with what we know of Jewish life.

The only thing I disagree with here is the notion she went to investigate Jesus.

No, no, the religious leaders used her to try and take Jesus down. They caught her in adultery as they dragged her to Jesus and asked him what should be done with her? Should she be stoned according to Mosaic law, or should she be shown mercy and let go? Either answer has an angle they can try and accuse him with. If he said she should be shown mercy, then they would accuse him of ignoring Mosaic law, and if he were to say stone her, then his message of forgiveness and grace could be shown to be pure hypocrisy. So what does he do? He bends down in the dirt and starts drawing as if he did not hear them. Then he stands up and tells them that whoever has never sinned, cast the first stone, and then beds back down to draw in the dirt again. Then when he stands back up, they are all gone.

Pure genius!

In short, they were not looking for answers or truth from Jesus, they were just looking for a tool to take Jesus down. Fortunately for Mary, she was the pawn only Jesus cared about.

Really, she is representative of us all.

Women in Jewish culture at the time were less than cattle status wise; Jesus and the Christian sect were radicals who elevated their status to equal under the eyes of 'God', including making them heads of churches and teachers, and demanding their husband treat them with respect, yet another reason the Priesthood wanted him dead. Of course selective citing of verses by tards will attempt to claim otherwise, not wanting to admit that, especially the atheist pagans who just can't help themselves and have to lie. Burkhas weren't invented by Muslims.

Women in Jewish culture at the time were less than cattle status wise; Jesus and the Christian sect were radicals who elevated their status to equal under the eyes of 'God', including making them heads of churches and teachers, and demanding their husband treat them with respect, yet another reason the Priesthood wanted him dead. Of course selective citing of verses by tards will attempt to claim otherwise, not wanting to admit that, especially the atheist pagans who just can't help themselves and have to lie. Burkhas weren't invented by Muslims.

Indeed. Mark 5 is but one example

24So Jesus went with him, and a large crowd followed and pressed around Him. 25And a woman was there who had suffered from bleeding for twelve years. 26She had borne much agony under the care of many physicians and had spent all she had, but to no avail. Instead, her condition had only grown worse.
27When the woman heard about Jesus, she came up through the crowd behind Him and touched His cloak. 28For she kept saying, “If only I touch His clothes, I will be healed.” 29Immediately her bleeding stopped, and she sensed in her body that she was healed of her affliction.
30At once Jesus was aware that power had gone out from Him. Turning to the crowd, He asked, “Who touched My clothes?”
31His disciples answered, “You can see the crowd pressing in on You, and yet You ask, ‘Who touched Me?’”
32But He kept looking around to see who had done this. 33Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him trembling in fear, and she told Him the whole truth.
34“Daughter,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be free of your affliction.”

On the surface, it seems kind of mean for Jesus to stop in his tracks and ask, "Who touched me?" After all, he knew she would cower back in fear as the throngs of people would look disapprovingly of her. But Jesus had a purpose for doing so. He wanted her to know that it was Ok, as well as the throngs of people around her, this despite her being a woman that gave her a lowly status, and having an issue of blood that gave her an even lower status.

Jesus was a revolutionary.

Actually Jesus and his um, group, were simply activists out to kick the Romans out of Judea.

That's why they executed him. Romans didn't give a shit about religion, but challenge their authority and they're on you wid a quckness. And indeed they were.
In other words nothing different than has gone on since the beginning of time.

Ain't no spin like one of biblical proportions.

The only thing I disagree with here is the notion she went to investigate Jesus.

No, no, the religious leaders used her to try and take Jesus down. They caught her in adultery as they dragged her to Jesus and asked him what should be done with her? Should she be stoned according to Mosaic law, or should she be shown mercy and let go? Either answer has an angle they can try and accuse him with. If he said she should be shown mercy, then they would accuse him of ignoring Mosaic law, and if he were to say stone her, then his message of forgiveness and grace could be shown to be pure hypocrisy. So what does he do? He bends down in the dirt and starts drawing as if he did not hear them. Then he stands up and tells them that whoever has never sinned, cast the first stone, and then beds back down to draw in the dirt again. Then when he stands back up, they are all gone.

Pure genius!

In short, they were not looking for answers or truth from Jesus, they were just looking for a tool to take Jesus down. Fortunately for Mary, she was the pawn only Jesus cared about.

Really, she is representative of us all.

Why on earth would you think that particular incident involved Mary Magdalene? You are as bad as the Pope. That woman was not named. No demons were cast out of her, and she was told to go, and sin no more.
On the other hand, Mary Magdalene was a devoted disciple. She was one of the woman that were cleansed of demons and illnesses that followed Jesus and supported him financially.
Luke 8:1-3
Soon afterward he went on through cities and villages, proclaiming and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him, and also some women(<plural) who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, and Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s household manager, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their means.

It was the Catholic Church that turned her into a whore, and it was the Catholic Church that cleared her in the 60's. Ignore dogma, and go the source. Nowhere in the Bible is Mary Magdalene referred to as a prostitute.

Actually Jesus and his um, group, were simply activists out to kick the Romans out of Judea.

That's why they executed him. Romans didn't give a shit about religion, but challenge their authority and they're on you wid a quckness. And indeed they were.

Well there is spin alright. But not from the Bible.

Jesus gave not one shit about the Roman's occupation, and healed one's servant, because of the belief of the Roman. He came to fulfill the Law for Abraham's people, and to put them under a new, better covenant.
Hebrews 8:6 - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

It was Judas that wanted Christ to kick the shit out of the Romans. Peter cut one of the Roman's that arrested Christ, and Christ healed the man on the spot. Christ was not a respecter of persons. He healed any human that needed it.
Pilate wanted nothing to do with it.
The authority Christ challenged was the Temple Priests, not the Romans. It was the priests that had Christ killed. They used Rome to accomplish the deed.

And there was one gigantic difference. This proclaimed Messiah came back! Had He not, we would have never heard the name Jesus.

Last edited:

Here comes the heresy...

She was the wife of Jesus!

That is why she was everywhere he was. Acting as a dutiful wife.

Well there is spin alright. But not from the Bible.

Jesus gave not one shit about the Roman's occupation, and healed one's servant, because of the belief of the Roman. He came to fulfill the Law for Abraham's people, and to put them under a new, better covenant.
Hebrews 8:6 - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

It was Judas that wanted Christ to kick the shit out of the Romans. Peter cut one of the Roman's that arrested Christ, and Christ healed the man on the spot. Christ was not a respecter of persons. He healed any human that needed it.
Pilate wanted nothing to do with it.
The authority Christ challenged was the Temple Priests, not the Romans. It was the priests that had Christ killed. They used Rome to accomplish the deed.

And there was one gigantic difference. This proclaimed Messiah came back! Had He not, we would have never heard the name Jesus.

Ignore Pogo; he's just an ignorant troll, and clueless.

Pilate, who was the Roman authority, did not want to crucify Jesus.

The reason was twofold. He hated Caiaphas because he was troublesome and did want to stir up violence with the followers of Jesus, and he found no fault with Jesus. When asked if he was a king, Jesus retorted that his kingdom was not of this world and was the reason his followers did not pick up swords to save him. Also, I get the sense that Jesus spooked him. He was unlike any one he had ever met. He said what seemed to be crazy things but found him to be very sane and asked probing questions that troubled him. Also, his wife had nightmares warning him not to kill him.

As a result, Pilate tried to release him, but the Jewish authority protested. The solution Pilate had was to let the Jewish people decide between letting Jesus go free or Barabbas who was a convicted murderer. I think Pilate fully expected the people to let Jesus go free who was by far a more righteous and likeable character, but the people chose Barabbas instead.

Pilate then washed his hands of the affair and let the Jewish authority, whom he despised, have their way to help keep the peace.

great post, but they still tried white wash women out of the bible, I still say Priscilla wrote Hebrews.

Last edited:

Pilate, who was the Roman authority, did not want to crucify Jesus.

The reason was twofold. He hated Caiaphas because he was troublesome and did want to stir up violence with the followers of Jesus, and he found no fault with Jesus. When asked if he was a king, Jesus retorted that his kingdom was not of this world and was the reason his followers did not pick up swords to save him. Also, I get the sense that Jesus spooked him. He was unlike any one he had ever met. He said what seemed to be crazy things but found him to be very sane and asked probing questions that troubled him. Also, his wife had nightmares warning him not to kill him.

As a result, Pilate tried to release him, but the Jewish authority protested. The solution Pilate had was to let the Jewish people decide between letting Jesus go free or Barabbas who was a convicted murderer. I think Pilate fully expected the people to let Jesus go free who was by far a more righteous and likeable character, but the people chose Barabbas instead.

Pilate then washed his hands of the affair and let the Jewish authority, whom he despised, have their way to help keep the peace.

:lol: You're ascribing an awful lot of power to the Jews there ---- as if they, not the Romans, were in charge. Rome was not big on delegating authority.

Forum List

Back