Marsha Blackburn: "Save the Incandescent Lightbulb!"

You make my point since they need to be ordered. You have no clue. Old incandescent street lights were removed from my historic neighborhood because lefty AGW Nazis are too stupid to know what they ruined. I bet you have no clue about that, too.

They dumped those around here 20 years ago. I think the current ones are sodium-vapor lights...though I have seen some new ones that seem to be LED.

Unlike mercury emissions from power stations that are dispersed over a large area. Bulbs containing mercury can release mercury in a small enclosed area. Besides they don't work well in the cold.

Worked fine for me this past winter...had no trouble with the CFL's coming on down to -17.

WOW!!! There sure are a lot of bulbists here!!!

xao1.png

Last edited:
Unlike mercury emissions from power stations that are dispersed over a large area. Bulbs containing mercury can release mercury in a small enclosed area. Besides they don't work well in the cold.

Worked fine for me this past winter...had no trouble with the CFL's coming on down to -17.

Good for you. Below room temperatures the ones I were using took a couple of minutes to warm up and I don't believe the light was as bright, but hard to tell. I would guess if you left them on at -17 below they might work OK.

I turned them off in the morning on in the evening. They took a bit longer to come on & brighten (maybe 4--5 seconds and 3-4 minutes instead of instantly and ~30 seconds), but worked fine.

Just for anyone who wants a good laugh

Save The Incandescent Light Bulb U.S. Congressman Marsha Blackburn

House Rep Marsha Blackburn (TN) is sponsoring a bill (HR 91) to save the incandescent lightbulb.....

Really, this is real. She believes Obama's energy standards are going to lead to the incandescent lightbulb disappearing and not being available to middle class Americans. She lists this as one of her top 7 priorities for her current term in Congress.

What's up for next year Marsha? "Save the Fax Machine"? "Save the Dial-up Modem"? "Save the Pay Phone"?
Anybody with half a brain KNOWS the new bulbs contain Mercury. So while saving energy they are toxic for land fills and life as we know it.

We did NOT have that problem with the old bulbs. So you are saving a penny a month and killing the planet. That makes YOU the fool.

Only the one that have mercury are the fluorescent ones, and despite the fact that their output is much higher than standard fluorescent bulbs, they use far less mercury, and last far longer. So the amount of mercury going into the environment is far less from these bulks than what we have been using for 75 years. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?

the EPA and the first clean water act was passed by Republicans. Funny when I think about it the only thing the left ever passes is feel good BS that hurts people while they say they are doing just the opposite. Really think of one good thing the left has ever done. Oh right, got rid of sodomy laws, good job taking care of self interest.
Sodomy laws would have and did slow the spread of HIV.

House Rep Marsha Blackburn (TN) is sponsoring a bill (HR 91) to save the incandescent lightbulb.....

Really, this is real. She believes Obama's energy standards are going to lead to the incandescent lightbulb disappearing and not being available to middle class Americans. She lists this as one of her top 7 priorities for her current term in Congress.

What's up for next year Marsha? "Save the Fax Machine"? "Save the Dial-up Modem"? "Save the Pay Phone"?
Anybody with half a brain KNOWS the new bulbs contain Mercury. So while saving energy they are toxic for land fills and life as we know it.

We did NOT have that problem with the old bulbs. So you are saving a penny a month and killing the planet. That makes YOU the fool.

Only the one that have mercury are the fluorescent ones, and despite the fact that their output is much higher than standard fluorescent bulbs, they use far less mercury, and last far longer. So the amount of mercury going into the environment is far less from these bulks than what we have been using for 75 years. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?

the EPA and the first clean water act was passed by Republicans. Funny when I think about it the only thing the left ever passes is feel good BS that hurts people while they say they are doing just the opposite. Really think of one good thing the left has ever done. Oh right, got rid of sodomy laws, good job taking care of self interest.
Sodomy laws would have and did slow the spread of HIV.

I don't think many paid attention to the sodomy laws, they have been packing fudge for a long time. I think they made a big deal out of the sodomy laws more as a show of strength then actually meaning anything.

You make my point since they need to be ordered. You have no clue. Old incandescent street lights were removed from my historic neighborhood because lefty AGW Nazis are too stupid to know what they ruined. I bet you have no clue about that, too.

They dumped those around here 20 years ago. I think the current ones are sodium-vapor lights...though I have seen some new ones that seem to be LED.
Yeah, they removed them here because the local government are a bunch of left wing fanatical sheeple and are too extreme and too ignorant to realize what they had. The old style lights perfectly jibed with the unique and historic architecture and removing them not only demonstrated an ignorance of historical significance but it also hurt property values for those in the know.

Yeah, they removed them here because the local government are a bunch of left wing fanatical sheeple and are too extreme and too ignorant to realize what they had. The old style lights perfectly jibed with the unique and historic architecture and removing them not only demonstrated an ignorance of historical significance but it also hurt property values for those in the know.

Actually, no, they replaced them because the old ones were pretty dim, some of them didn't work at all, many needed replacement parts (usually, sensors) that, if available at all, cost as much as a new fixture, and the new ones throw more light for half the power!

Actually, no, they replaced them because the old ones were pretty dim, some of them didn't work at all, many needed replacement parts (usually, sensors) that, if available at all, cost as much as a new fixture, and the new ones throw more light for half the power!
Those were excuses to overlook the historic value. At least in my neighborhood which has been designated historic. This is a green play. Another ignorant green play.
I contacted my local government about it and they said it was a power company decision. I contacted the power company and they said it was a local government decision. You do the math.

so whose fault is that that you didn't run for a seat in the local gov't if it means that much to you? Lazy.

Small areas are easier to clean up. And no one said you have to use them, much less use them in the cold. There are other options.

I find it odd that the very party that promoted the EPA is the same party that is attempting to dismantle it. Well, not the same party. The same party in name only.

I find it odd that the very party that promoted the EPA is the same party that is attempting to dismantle it. Well, not the same party. The same party in name only.
hard to believe that the party that gave this nation Teddy Roosevelt is now only "against" stuff.

so whose fault is that that you didn't run for a seat in the local gov't if it means that much to you? Lazy.
There is zero tolerance for non-lefties in a lefty environment. I could have run and even if I won I would get nowhere with these draconian, intolerant, ultra-conservative left wingers.

There is zero tolerance for non-lefties in a lefty environment. I could have run and even if I won I would get nowhere with these draconian, intolerant, ultra-conservative left wingers.
so why all the bellyaching?

Forum List

Back