Marsha Blackburn: "Save the Incandescent Lightbulb!"

Those were excuses to overlook the historic value. At least in my neighborhood which has been designated historic. This is a green play. Another ignorant green play.
I contacted my local government about it and they said it was a power company decision. I contacted the power company and they said it was a local government decision. You do the math.

Sorry, but old, crappy, dim streetlights with poor part availability and weak reliability have no "historic value", except if you donate them to a museum.

. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?

You must be all of 12,squawking out talking points,that no matter how many times you repeat them ,they will never be true. Whats it like to be so closed and simple minded?

Those were excuses to overlook the historic value. At least in my neighborhood which has been designated historic. This is a green play. Another ignorant green play.
I contacted my local government about it and they said it was a power company decision. I contacted the power company and they said it was a local government decision. You do the math.

Sorry, but old, crappy, dim streetlights with poor part availability and weak reliability have no "historic value", except if you donate them to a museum.

As an amateur astronomer, I'd prefer that we didn't have street lights at all. I prefer starry lights to street lights.

Just for anyone who wants a good laugh

Save The Incandescent Light Bulb U.S. Congressman Marsha Blackburn

House Rep Marsha Blackburn (TN) is sponsoring a bill (HR 91) to save the incandescent lightbulb.....

Really, this is real. She believes Obama's energy standards are going to lead to the incandescent lightbulb disappearing and not being available to middle class Americans. She lists this as one of her top 7 priorities for her current term in Congress.

What's up for next year Marsha? "Save the Fax Machine"? "Save the Dial-up Modem"? "Save the Pay Phone"?
Anybody with half a brain KNOWS the new bulbs contain Mercury. So while saving energy they are toxic for land fills and life as we know it.

We did NOT have that problem with the old bulbs. So you are saving a penny a month and killing the planet. That makes YOU the fool.

Only the one that have mercury are the fluorescent ones, and despite the fact that their output is much higher than standard fluorescent bulbs, they use far less mercury, and last far longer. So the amount of mercury going into the environment is far less from these bulks than what we have been using for 75 years. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?

Unlike mercury emissions from power stations that are dispersed over a large area. Bulbs containing mercury can release mercury in a small enclosed area. Besides they don't work well in the cold.

the EPA and the first clean water act was passed by Republicans. Funny when I think about it the only thing the left ever passes is feel good BS that hurts people while they say they are doing just the opposite. Really think of one good thing the left has ever done. Oh right, got rid of sodomy laws, good job taking care of self interest.

I find it odd that the very party that promoted the EPA is the same party that is attempting to dismantle it. Well, not the same party. The same party in name only.

You probably find it hard to believe because it really isn't true. Reign it in from an administration that is using it to push their agenda, yes. Dismantle, no.

Then move to the middle of nowhere.

There is no middle of nowhere in the U.S. anymore. Virtually everywhere is affected by light pollution.

10-tips-light-pollution.jpg

Anybody with half a brain KNOWS the new bulbs contain Mercury. So while saving energy they are toxic for land fills and life as we know it.

We did NOT have that problem with the old bulbs. So you are saving a penny a month and killing the planet. That makes YOU the fool.

Only the one that have mercury are the fluorescent ones, and despite the fact that their output is much higher than standard fluorescent bulbs, they use far less mercury, and last far longer. So the amount of mercury going into the environment is far less from these bulks than what we have been using for 75 years. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?

Unlike mercury emissions from power stations that are dispersed over a large area. Bulbs containing mercury can release mercury in a small enclosed area. Besides they don't work well in the cold.

the EPA and the first clean water act was passed by Republicans. Funny when I think about it the only thing the left ever passes is feel good BS that hurts people while they say they are doing just the opposite. Really think of one good thing the left has ever done. Oh right, got rid of sodomy laws, good job taking care of self interest.

I find it odd that the very party that promoted the EPA is the same party that is attempting to dismantle it. Well, not the same party. The same party in name only.

You probably find it hard to believe because it really isn't true. Reign it in from an administration that is using it to push their agenda, yes. Dismantle, no.

I didn't say that I find it hard to believe. I said I find it odd. And yes it is true that the Republicans want to dismantle the EPA.

^ that

You make my point since they need to be ordered. You have no clue. Old incandescent street lights were removed from my historic neighborhood because lefty AGW Nazis are too stupid to know what they ruined. I bet you have no clue about that, too.

They dumped those around here 20 years ago. I think the current ones are sodium-vapor lights...though I have seen some new ones that seem to be LED.
Yeah, they removed them here because the local government are a bunch of left wing fanatical sheeple and are too extreme and too ignorant to realize what they had. The old style lights perfectly jibed with the unique and historic architecture and removing them not only demonstrated an ignorance of historical significance but it also hurt property values for those in the know.
so whose fault is that that you didn't run for a seat in the local gov't if it means that much to you? Lazy.
There is zero tolerance for non-lefties in a lefty environment. I could have run and even if I won I would get nowhere with these draconian, intolerant, ultra-conservative left wingers.
so why all the bellyaching?
Have lefties ruined a historical aspect to your neighborhood and deprived you the freedom of choice? Probably to some extent but you're oblivious. Some of us aren't.
Do you like American music?

Last edited:

You said museum and that is essentially the point. Historical value.
Not to mention what you call dim is an appreciated ambience for some and that apparently is beyond you.

Yes: paying twice as much for half the light is beyond me...on the level of paying $10,000 for a "designer" field-goal dog and another $5,000 for its jeweled collar.

As an amateur astronomer, I'd prefer that we didn't have street lights at all. I prefer starry lights to street lights.
At least you have the choice to go to a non-light-polluted area to research. Those who can't appreciate lighting force their ignorance on others. What if they mandated street lighting everywhere? Then you'd be screwed and they'd still be oblivious.

^ that
So you're oblivious, too.

Here is a choice for those who think the US has too many lights. I'll bet you can see a lot of stars in the middle of this country.

be6e71a6-8823-4e82-881d-dd9ac979efee-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg

Forum List

Back