Marriage Matters: Consequences of Redefining Marriage

Society has an interest in fostering stable families, which means one mother, one father. This is why it is tax advantaged. Studies quoted here look like advocacy literature rather than real research. For those who want gov't out of the marriage business, do you also want gov't out of the divorce, custody, adoption and inheritance business? Because those are all related.
States have the power over the marriage franchise. This is pretty much settled law. The libtards want to rewrite this so they can appeal popular ballot initiatives to gay judges who will be sympathetic to overturningthe rule of law.

The fact is that kids do not need a mother and a father. If they did, it would be illegal to be a single parent. Instead, single women have babies all the time, and no one bats an eye.

I always wonder why nutters like Poodle are living in mortal fear that a couple of gay dudes will called themselves married....

And don't bat an eye about the 50% divorce rate and the effect that has on children.

Maybe if he was so concerned about marriage, he'd be about making divorces harder to get, instead of marriages.

Yeah, these douches are real concerned about the "sanctity of marriage"...

drive-thru-wedding-chapel--large-msg-123294709415.jpg

PUHLEESE

Can I get fries with that?

If children did not need a mother and a father, then children who come from these dysfunctional arrangements would not be dysfunctional themselves.

According to Children-our investment.org, homes without fathers ultimately affect children in numerous tragic ways:

* 63 percent of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
* 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
* 80 percent of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
* 71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
* 75 percent of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes

Single mothers have just been sooooo good for the country. Don't bat an eye about it.

72 Percent of African-American Children Born to Unwed Mothers

Society has an interest in fostering stable families, which means one mother, one father. This is why it is tax advantaged. Studies quoted here look like advocacy literature rather than real research. For those who want gov't out of the marriage business, do you also want gov't out of the divorce, custody, adoption and inheritance business? Because those are all related.
States have the power over the marriage franchise. This is pretty much settled law. The libtards want to rewrite this so they can appeal popular ballot initiatives to gay judges who will be sympathetic to overturningthe rule of law.

Actually, a married couple pays more in taxes. Where they usually make up for it is when children are counted as deductions.

Obviously, the wingnuts who want to fill in the pool rather than let gays swim in it are living a pipe dream. There are too many legal things tied into the institution of marriage.

While the states do have onus of setting marriage law, the federal government has set down when a marriage law violates constitutional rights. Loving v. Virginia, for instance, struck down the mixed marriage laws because they violated the 14th Amendment rights.

Now, of the two cases coming up, I think that Judge Walker's ruling in Perry was a bit of a stretch, and even the Ninth Circuit dialed him back a bit.

Conversely, the DOMA related case is the one to watch, because even the people who passed DOMA admit it is unconstitutional.

It's the Libertarians that want to re-write the law, taking away those tax advantages, custody issues, etc...

The liberals just want everyone to have equal access to the same laws.

If children did not need a mother and a father, then children who come from these dysfunctional arrangements would not be dysfunctional themselves.

According to Children-our investment.org, homes without fathers ultimately affect children in numerous tragic ways:

* 85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
* 75 percent of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes

Single mothers have just been sooooo good for the country. Don't bat an eye about it.

What are the percentages from homes with two parents of the same sex?

I agree, single parenthood is a problem... especially if the man skips out on his responsibilties and the woman has to balance work and child-raising. Putting a roof over their heads means you neglect what is going on under that roof.

When the GOP convention did this, :clap2: , for Bristol Palin and her boy bastard, the social conservatives waived the white flag of surrender on the issue of marriage and raising bastards.

Social conservatives need to live socially conservative lives to show everyone how wonderful they supposedly are , instead of trying to police the lives of everyone else.

But most "bastards" are born in inner city ghettoes.

RIGHT?

The right should have defended marriage back when it was being redefined with quickie marriages and quickie divorces.

The right's decision to put up a big fight now over gay marriage lacks credibility because they didn't put up a big fight then.

Once again, the right only has itself to blame.

Actually, a married couple pays more in taxes. Where they usually make up for it is when children are counted as deductions.

Obviously, the wingnuts who want to fill in the pool rather than let gays swim in it are living a pipe dream. There are too many legal things tied into the institution of marriage.

While the states do have onus of setting marriage law, the federal government has set down when a marriage law violates constitutional rights. Loving v. Virginia, for instance, struck down the mixed marriage laws because they violated the 14th Amendment rights.

Now, of the two cases coming up, I think that Judge Walker's ruling in Perry was a bit of a stretch, and even the Ninth Circuit dialed him back a bit.

Conversely, the DOMA related case is the one to watch, because even the people who passed DOMA admit it is unconstitutional.

I agree that the SCOTUS will rule narrowly on Prop 8, making marriage legal only in CA, but they will strike down the clearly unconstitutional DOMA.

I agree that the SCOTUS will rule narrowly on Prop 8, making marriage legal only in CA, but they will strike down the clearly unconstitutional DOMA.

We ought to do a poll on it!

I agree, single parenthood is a problem... especially if the man skips out on his responsibilties and the woman has to balance work and child-raising. Putting a roof over their heads means you neglect what is going on under that roof.

From what I have seen and I've seen a lot of two parent same sex households. the children suffer from many of the same dysfunctions as those from single parent households. They might not have the same criminal tendencies, but they have the same social disabilities. A boy raised in a household by two gay men will simply never learn to relate to women. He won't know why, but he will just never have a successful heterosexual relationship and if he is heterosexual, he has a life of misery before him. Successful same sex families are never two parent families. They incorporate and opposite sex surrogate. The biological parent, a grandfather, uncle, good friend, someone who is able and willing to help raise the child.

[quo

From what I have seen and I've seen a lot of two parent same sex households. the children suffer from many of the same dysfunctions as those from single parent households. They might not have the same criminal tendencies, but they have the same social disabilities. A boy raised in a household by two gay men will simply never learn to relate to women. He won't know why, but he will just never have a successful heterosexual relationship and if he is heterosexual, he has a life of misery before him. Successful same sex families are never two parent families. They incorporate and opposite sex surrogate. The biological parent, a grandfather, uncle, good friend, someone who is able and willing to help raise the child.

Do you have anything to back that up?

lol, you've seen shit. jeezus what is wrong with you people?

The fundamental flaw in the thinking in the link is that historical data is cited about the breakdown of marriage,

but same sex marriage can't have been the cause of any of that because legally recognized same sex marriage has been virtually non-existent in this country up until the past few years.

Yes! Their problem is with easy no-fault divorce, not gay marriage that hasn't existed until recently. But the right knows that they can't reverse the laws on quickie divorce, so they choose to fight gay marriage instead, and it ruins their credibility on the issue, and makes them look bigoted.

[quo

Do you have anything to back that up?

That must be a rhetorical question because you can't possibly believe she has. The phenomenon of the been there done that fake internet expert is almost as old as the internet itself.

The fact is that kids do not need a mother and a father. If they did, it would be illegal to be a single parent. Instead, single women have babies all the time, and no one bats an eye.

Actually the facts are quite clear to all except the most considerably ignorant.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the number of children who grow up in single-parent homes continues to rise. Children with two parents grow up with more financial and educational advantages, according to the bureau.
Read more: The Effects Of A Single Parent Home On A Child's Behavior | LIVESTRONG.COM

The very existance of this US Census bureau data contradicts the absurd notion that "no one bats an eye."

I would agree, however, that the number of fools who insist that they A. have children, and, B. have no responsibility for their offspring, is certainly rising. My theory is, that, like any behaviour, the unpleasant consequences of being foolish have been mitigated.

From what I have seen and I've seen a lot of two parent same sex households. the children suffer from many of the same dysfunctions as those from single parent households. They might not have the same criminal tendencies, but they have the same social disabilities.

I can guarantee you that I've encountered a hell of a lot more same sex parents than you have and let me assure you, we're doing just fine.

A boy raised in a household by two gay men will simply never learn to relate to women. He won't know why, but he will just never have a successful heterosexual relationship and if he is heterosexual, he has a life of misery before him. Successful same sex families are never two parent families. They incorporate and opposite sex surrogate. The biological parent, a grandfather, uncle, good friend, someone who is able and willing to help raise the child.

And naturally you can provide evidence to support your claim?

Seriously, do you think we raise our children in bubbles?

Despite having two mothers, my son managed to learn to; shoot a gun, drive a motorcycle, throw a baseball AND pee standing up (although with three females in the house, he's really good at putting the seat down).

My daughter has learned to do everything he does (except pee standing up) PLUS she cooks, plays with dolls, plays with makeup, shoots a re curve bow and hates Justin Beber.

Know what I've seen really hurting kids? Divorce. Of my son's five best friends, he's the only one with an intact family.

Last edited:

It's the Libertarians that want to re-write the law, taking away those tax advantages, custody issues, etc...

The liberals just want everyone to have equal access to the same laws.
Same shit, different day.

Scotus will rule that states have the right to define marriage as they see fit, as reflected in the will of the voters.

Forum List

Back