Marriage Beliefs: Honesty, can't we ADMIT we have political differences in bias and beliefs???

The left is intolerant of people who refuse to subscribe to their view of the world. That's how you end up with a liberal run government agency awarding a $135,000 judgment to a lesbian couple because a baker refused to bake them a freaking cake, that is an utterly ridiculous amount. It was intentionally meant to punish and set an example, to destroy the baker's business and the baker personally. That's your so called liberal tolerance for you. I think these liberal scum know where they can go and what they can do when they get there.

The left is intolerant of Big Government RW fundies trashing the Constitution.

You want to use religion to rule government. Religion belongs in churches, not in government.

The left can go to hell and take their slimy disgusting practices with them.

Sorry but the US Constitution is here to stay.

Deal with it.

I am asking Luddly Neddite
Do you enforce Constitutional equality equally for all beliefs
such as people who believe in advocating and institutionalizing Christian concepts into public schools
as you would defend the free speech and exercise of people seeking to implement homosexual references
into state marriage and public schools.

Do you only defend Constitutional equal protections for YOUR beliefs
and deny the same to others on the basis of if you agree with those beliefs.

What kind of equality is that?

isn't that just as bad as when Christians defend religious freedom for themselves
but not for Atheists or Muslims because they disagree?

How are you any more or less bigoted than Christians who contradict the Constitution Luddly?

Please do not disappoint me. Somehow I want to believe
you would be intellectually honest and admit you have a political bias.

Even if you stick to your bias, if you can admit you have it,
you might be one degree more honest than Christians or Conservatives
who can't admit when their prolife views or antigay views cross the line and become a bias.

I hope you can be a better person and see that Constitutional Equality means to
defend all beliefs equally, even the ones we disagree with, and try to include and defend them as we would our own.

The left is intolerant of people who refuse to subscribe to their view of the world. That's how you end up with a liberal run government agency awarding a $135,000 judgment to a lesbian couple because a baker refused to bake them a freaking cake, that is an utterly ridiculous amount. It was intentionally meant to punish and set an example, to destroy the baker's business and the baker personally. That's your so called liberal tolerance for you. I think these liberal scum know where they can go and what they can do when they get there.

You want to use religion to rule government. Religion belongs in churches, not in government.

Deal with it.

Anyone's 'belief' isn't the basis of constitutionality. Rendering your entire basis of argument invalid.

Aren't you going to argue that as a US citizen you have equal right not to be imposed upon because YOUR BELIEFS are different and are equally protected by law from discrimination?
No.

So if prolife passes a bill banning abortion, or defense of marriage act banning gay marriage, or slavery or anything of any angle or content gets passed into law, you would accept that as law?

When slavery was sanctioned by govt as property laws, would you have contested that, avoided slavery by choice,
or what?

When segregation was sanctioned by law, would you obey govt and go along with that or would you have contested it?

PaintMyHouse maybe I am asking the wrong questions
Is there any thing that govt could pass as law
that you would contest is in violation and should be revoked?
What and why?

Deal with it.

Anyone's 'belief' isn't the basis of constitutionality. Rendering your entire basis of argument invalid.

No, but Constitutional restrictions on govt stop at beliefs.

What I'm saying is in cases where BELIEFS ARE INVOLVED
then Govt has a duty to comply with Constitutional protections
and neither establish nor deny the free exercise of beliefs,
nor discriminate on the basis of creeds.

Skylar

So if prolife passes a bill banning abortion, or defense of marriage act banning gay marriage, or slavery or anything of any angle or content gets passed into law, you would accept that as law?

When slavery was sanctioned by govt as property laws, would you have contested that, avoided slavery by choice,
or what?

When segregation was sanctioned by law, would you obey govt and go along with that or would you have contested it?

PaintMyHouse maybe I am asking the wrong questions
Is there any thing that govt could pass as law
that you would contest is in violation and should be revoked?
What and why?

dimocraps

o-hole.gif

Deal with it.

The government doesn't regulate beliefs. It regulates actions. You can believe whatever you wish. You can't do whatever you wish.

Not all beliefs are equally valid constitutionally. Or legally. You're putting 'belief' up on a pedestal as if it has some vast constitutional significance.

I really doesn't. Its merely a personal opinion. And someone having an opinion that is in conflict with the law doesn't invalidate the law.

Deal with it.

Skylar
Your beliefs are not the law, nor does the law have to accommodate them. You might believe in burning witches but we have laws against such things.

Not all beliefs are equally valid constitutionally. Or legally. You're putting 'belief' up on a pedestal as if it has some vast constitutional significance.

I really doesn't. Its merely a personal opinion. And someone having an opinion that is in conflict with the law doesn't invalidate the law.

Wow!!

The stupid is rampant among dimocraps today.

Our very first amendment addresses BELIEFS.

Our Country was founded on BELIEFS

Do you have to go to a Special Ed class to get that stupid or is it natural?

Deal with it.

The government doesn't regulate beliefs. It regulates actions. You can believe whatever you wish. You can't do whatever you wish.

I believe that I am perfectly safe driving at 100 miles an hour, but those damn cops keep oppressing my freedom...

Your beliefs are not the law, nor does the law have to accommodate them. You might believe in burning witches but we have laws against such things.

How about the Religious Belief against serving in the United States Military?

We give Conscientious Objectors the benefit of the doubt.

You're just an asshole

and a scumbag

Wow!!

The stupid is rampant among dimocraps today.

Our very first amendment addresses BELIEFS.

Our Country was founded on BELIEFS

Do you have to go to a Special Ed class to get that stupid or is it natural?
Liberalism is the belief that founded this country, which you reject. That is what makes you an American in name only.

Deal with it.

Skylar

Yes, I'm also saying beliefs cannot be made into law.
But that's what is happening with the BELIEF that health care is a right through govt,
or BELIEF that gay marriage belongs in the public sphere.

These BELIEFS are being made into law against the BELIEFS of people who can't be excluded or discriminated against
without violating Constitutional restriction on govt.

So PaintMyHouse
If the law was passed based on the BELIEF in traditional marriage only, excluding gay marriage,
You'd object right? Even if that law was passed, you'd contest it because it is a belief in conflict right?

This is what I mean, that such BELIEFS cannot be passed as law.

That is the same concept I think you are arguing, that beliefs should not be mandated by law.

Liberalism is the belief that founded this country, which you reject. That is what makes you an American in name only.

You have no clue.

liberalism was France's Revolution you stupid FUCK.

Ours was totally different. And first.

liberalism sprung out of the French Revolution, not out of ours

You're just a dumbass in over his head.

Go back to school or back to sleep. Don't matter to me

As arguments near Justice Ginsburg has already made up her mind on gay marriage

I find there are
1. people who believe in gay marriage
2. people who don't
3. people who don't believe in it but are willing to let other people have that through the state
4. people who believe in gay marriage, but not to the point of imposing it through the state when others don't believe in this

Why can't we admit there are DIFFERENT beliefs about this?

Is there any HONEST official in government willing to accept the REALITY that
everyone has a right to their beliefs, but GOVT CANNOT BE ABUSED to ESTABLISH any of these views
IN CONFLICT WITH OTHERS.

Because each person has equal right to their BELIEFS I agree with
A. Oklahoma's approach of removing marriage from the state and keeping it to the churches or private sector
B. Another state that neither made gay marriage banned or illegal, but didn't endorse it either.
C. Leaving it to the people of each state to find ways where both views can be equally accommodated.

But if the conflict can't be resolved per state, taking the same unresolved conflict of beliefs to federal govt
isn't going to solve the problem. Because both sides still have equal rights to their beliefs!

5. People who don't believe in having any government marriage

Forum List

Back