Market reaction if trump were removed?

ThisIsMe

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2017
I was just thinking, if on the off chance trump were to be removed after the Senate trial, what would the market reaction be?

If businesses which have enjoyed favorable tax rates and favorable policy, making businesses more profitable, suddenly find themselves with the prospect that those things could go away, would it cause a panic in the market, and possibly a major crash?

Would the market also react as such if trump were to not win reelection?

I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to cash out of all positions while the market is on a high, wait for the results of the Senate trial and if the market takes a major dip, take all the money cashed out and reinvest while everything is low?

I'm not a "market guy" so I dont even know if that's the way it works, and it's not like I have tons of money in the market, but I certainly dont want to balk if there is a reason to react.

Last edited:
Instant Obama levels.
Dow to around 7,500 within three trading days
People who believe President Trump will be removed but retain even two brain cells are jumping out of the market right now based on their beliefs.

I dont know that I believe he will be removed. The way things look, he wont be. My question was basically, on the off chance he is, would the market shrug it off, or would we see major losses?

I dont know that I believe he will be removed. The way things look, he wont be. My question was basically, on the off chance he is, would the market shrug it off, or would we see major losses?

Pelosi is holding the impeachment because Trump is not her enemy. The far left Ds are her enemy and need to be purged in case of another assassination plot like the R whip nearly four years ago. Pelosi needs to keep her son out of the Durham investigations. The roll overs by the deep state could turn into an existential threat to her party and family. that could cause major economic problems.

So, you're saying it might be a good idea to cash out and let the storm blow over?

I spoke with my investment firm, they said they generally dont recommend making investment decisions based on political events. He did say that any time a political event happens, there will be market volatility based on consumer sentiment, but they look at the current state of the market, and that dont recommend liquidating based on political events.

I spoke with my investment firm, they said they generally dont recommend making investment decisions based on political events. He did say that any time a political event happens, there will be market volatility based on consumer sentiment, but they look at the current state of the market, and that dont recommend liquidating based on political events.
If as been talked about, Graham brings in Pelosi's and Biden's sons as money launderers who need to go jail the market might get real interesting.

I was just thinking, if on the off chance trump were to be removed after the Senate trial, what would the market reaction be?

If businesses which have enjoyed favorable tax rates and favorable policy, making businesses more profitable, suddenly find themselves with the prospect that those things could go away, would it cause a panic in the market, and possibly a major crash?

Would the market also react as such if trump were to not win reelection?

I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to cash out of all positions while the market is on a high, wait for the results of the Senate trial and if the market takes a major dip, take all the money cashed out and reinvest while everything is low?

I'm not a "market guy" so I dont even know if that's the way it works, and it's not like I have tons of money in the market, but I certainly dont want to balk if there is a reason to react.
So far, the Democrats don't have a reason, it's just smoke and mirrors time. They're trying to smoke Trump out, but he's wearing a face mask. Their claims are off-the-wall and downright stupid.

Forum List

Back