Mark Kelly Runs For Senate. Another Red Seat to Flip Blue?

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Mark Kelly announced that he's running for John McCain's seat in the Senate in 2020.

It's now held by the woman who lost in the race for Jeff Flake's seat last November but was appointed to take John McCain's seat to finish his term. That's in 2020.

Can Mark Kelly flip that seat blue?

I think he has a very good chance to do so since the last time mcsally was on the ballot the voters rejected her. Mark Kelly is a very loved former astronaut.

We will see what happens in 2020.

Mark Kelly announces run for US Senate

He is a bedwetting gun grabber.
Hope the voters reject him and his unconstitutional/statist ways.

Mark Kelly announced that he's running for John McCain's seat in the Senate in 2020.

It's now held by the woman who lost in the race for Jeff Flake's seat last November but was appointed to take John McCain's seat to finish his term. That's in 2020.

I think he has a very good chance to do so since the last time mcsally was on the ballot the voters rejected her. Mark Kelly is a very loved former astronaut.

A Democrat may get the seat but Kelly isn’t all that liberal.

Who?

Exactly. To win the candidate has to at least centrist and amenable to compromise. Kelly being an outsider has an appeal for the race, and as you say he's not a liberal on all issues. But who knows how he'd fare in negotiating various issues. Az is a gun rights state too.

But McSally pretty much squandered her appeal to the middle.

Who knows how he'll fare in a political environment. McSally pretty much lost her credentials as a McCain successor who can work the middle.

Appoint Martha McSally to John McCain’s seat? No freakin’ way

We won't know until 2020. I hope he does well.

I think it's a spit in McCain's face for mcsally to be in his seat. She's a trump person. We all know how McCain felt about trump.

I don't know if she's been doing a good job so I can't comment on her job performance.

I think that McCain would like Mark Kelly to be in his old seat in the Senate.

A Democrat may get the seat but Kelly isn’t all that liberal.

He probably isn't very liberal. However I think that he would bring respect back to that seat in the Senate.

I think the democrats have a big tent and while it's a very known fact that democrats don't agree among themselves, it shows that they can think for themselves.

Exactly. To win the candidate has to at least centrist and amenable to compromise. Kelly being an outsider has an appeal for the race, and as you say he's not a liberal on all issues. But who knows how he'd fare in negotiating various issues. Az is a gun rights state too.

I think we need more people from the center in our government.

The extremes have torn our nation apart.

Mark Kelly could help bring better balance to the Senate.

Tell that to the DNCs 2020 lineup

Who knows how he'll fare in a political environment. McSally pretty much lost her credentials as a McCain successor who can work the middle.

Appoint Martha McSally to John McCain’s seat? No freakin’ way

We won't know until 2020. I hope he does well.

I think it's a spit in McCain's face for mcsally to be in his seat. She's a trump person. We all know how McCain felt about trump.

I don't know if she's been doing a good job so I can't comment on her job performance.

I think that McCain would like Mark Kelly to be in his old seat in the Senate.
McSally was not a Trumpofille until she ran in the gop primary. It will be interesting to watch.

He is a bedwetting gun grabber.
Hope the voters reject him and his unconstitutional/statist ways.

Met him once, couple years ago.

He was at a local gun store, buying a shotgun, then showed up at the range I go to, to check it out.

Yeah, did you see the part where Gabby spoke for him? She said “derp, derp blaaah, derrrp thpppth.” Roughly translated, “ Vote for my man. He has been to space and I got shot in the head once.”

Yeah, did you see the part where Gabby spoke for him? She said “derp, derp blaaah, derrrp thpppth.” Roughly translated, “ Vote for my man. He has been to space and I got shot in the head once.”

here's an idea...

take a bullet to the head, and then explain your reason for being a jerk.

I'm sure no one will laugh

Too Irish. Maybe he should change his first name to Marco, you know like Beto.

Tell that to the DNCs 2020 lineup
This is an apple, and that is an orange.

Yes McSally did lose to the Taliban political slut last year. Maybe she wised up and can hold on this time.

Yes McSally did lose to the Taliban political slut last year. Maybe she wised up and can hold on this time.
bad form old man. Cleaving to Trump required her to abandon the traditional pro defense, fiscal conservatism and basic civility of McCain. And that's why she lost in the general.

bad form old man. Cleaving to Trump required her to abandon the traditional pro defense, fiscal conservatism and basic civility of McCain. And that's why she lost in the general.

Hey bennie how are things in Ole Miss these days? As to your point McSally did not exactly cleave to Trump. She was all over the place and let the twit who won off the political hook for past statements she made supporting the Taliban. Oh well can't win them all, but that is one I wish we did.

Forum List

Back