Marijuana legalization backers hand in initiative petitions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Modbert, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Marijuana legalization backers hand in initiative petitions | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Here we go. Hopefully the stoners don't forget to vote. :lol:

2. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Why was I not told of this? I'm a resident of CA I could've signed this.

Although imagine if this passed, it would make the War on Weed so much more futile if people could legally bring weed to most of the West Coast.

3. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    It seems like they were just looking to get enough to get it on the ballot. And yeah, it would.

I would say this actually has a decent chance of passing.

4. Father Time

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Come on San Fransisco prove you're useful for something. If they have Haight Ashbury it can't be that hard.

5. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Great.. Because we don't have enough water-logged marshmallow heads as it is...

6. Father Time

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Well we certainly have too many people in jail over drug charges.

7. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    The amount of taxpayer money being spent on keeping people in jail for possessing marijuana alone should make any Conservative want to see it end too.

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,326
    Oregon is already moving that way. Why not make the whole west coast a free pot zone?

9. Father Time

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Because if Washington legalized pot Windows might become even worse.

10. Cheath

Cheath Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not only is entirely to much money spent on jailing people charged with possession but hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent in efforts to irradicate marijuana. And we wonder where all the national debt comes from. Furthermore there has not been one single marijuana ralated death recorded...EVER! Number one killer in America, tobacco. Number two, alcohol. In fact there have never been any negative side effect proven in any of the hundreds and hundreds of studies except one in the seventies. Monkeys that were given an extremely high (no pun intended) dose over long periods of time showed a great decrease in their life span. What isn't widely advertised is that the monkeys were given these doses through gas masks with no oxygen supplemented. Can you suffocation. My last point to disprove is the crime that orbits around marijuana. During the prohibition of alcohol who flourished from the sales? Crimelords. In fact organized crime would not even have been a major problem if not for prohibition. So hisory shows that it's not the substance itself that attracts criminals but the fact that you have to break the law to sell or possess it. Were it legalized ant taxed then legitamate businesses would sell it and law abiding citizens would be the dominant group of users. The problem is not with pot. It's with marijuana laws. The war against all the lies we've been told about weed is coming to and but not without a fight. "legal" drug companies have billions of dollars at there expence to keep it criminalizes. Why? Because medicinal marijuana would cost them lots of money. The government doesn't want it because they have lied about it for so long. And how would it look if they just changed there mind. Some citizens don't want it cause they believe the lies. In closing, prohibition does not work. It never has and never will. It's time for reform. Thank you for reading and keep fighting for change.