Marijuana legalization backers hand in initiative petitions

Prohibition only leads to the rise of 'organized crime'.
Today Al Capone is a mexican, same guy, different language.

I just hope the 'authorities' don't decide to send out a few officers to "verify' petition signatures and decide to "enforce" the law, while it is still the law.

From what I hear it's pretty easy to legally get medical weed in CA, I'm not too worried. Although even if, we'd need the support of some non pot-smokers to pass it (I think) so if they could only get pot smokers in on it, it was probably doomed from the start.

Disclaimer: I do not smoke pot yet I still support it being legalized.

Last edited:
Prohibition only leads to the rise of 'organized crime'.
Today Al Capone is a mexican, same guy, different language.

I just hope the 'authorities' don't decide to send out a few officers to "verify' petition signatures and decide to "enforce" the law, while it is still the law.

From what I hear it's pretty easy to legally get medical weed in CA, I'm not too worried. Although even if we'd need the support of some non pot-smokers to pass it (I think) so if they could only get pot smokers in on it, it was probably doomed from the start.

Disclaimer: I do not smoke pot yet I still support it being legalized.

I spent time in Ca and yes it's easy to get, and unless you have mass quantities, the simply don't enforce the law about possession.

I would just hate to see a petition used against the people that signed it.

Listen I understand if you don't want to smoke pot. But you can't even give one legit reason that it should be illegal. I challenge you to come up with 1 single reason why it shouldn't be legal.
Reason not to make pot legal - it contributes to automobile fatalities.
Do you insist on seeing the statistics?

Pot smokers are typically stupid in the extreme; if not at first, then after the pot rots their brain for a while. We already have too many idiots voting; as can be seen by the election of Obama. OT- Bush may have had problems, but replacing him with Obama is like replacing a 'dangerous' German Shepherd with Rottweiler. Stupid.

Listen I understand if you don't want to smoke pot. But you can't even give one legit reason that it should be illegal. I challenge you to come up with 1 single reason why it shouldn't be legal.

Pot smokers are typically stupid in the extreme; if not at first, then after the pot rots their brain for a while. We already have too many idiots voting; as can be seen by the election of Obama. OT- Bush may have had problems, but replacing him with Obama is like replacing a 'dangerous' German Shepherd with Rottweiler. Stupid.

Pot does not cause brain damage.

And I am confident that if someone smokes enough pot they will agree with you.

It's happening, sooner than later. Once the gov realizes how much money they can make, things will start happening.

In thr Denver Metro area alone, there are already 300 medical marijuana dispensories, and its real easy to get a card. Gov't just set up regulations like these places have to register and pay a fee (already seeing benefits of $$$$$$$).

Legalize it, Don't criticize it!!

And I am confident that if someone smokes enough pot they will agree with you.

And so does WebMD!
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-brain

Last edited:

yeah, its bullshit, i smoked all throughout college and grad school, pretty much every night. Good GPA, got a PhD in genetics,now studying for the patent bar exam.

yeah, its bullshit, i smoked all throughout college and grad school, pretty much every night. Good GPA, got a PhD in genetics,now studying for the patent bar exam.

The naive don't realize that a lot more people smoke pot than they think, people who have good jobs, and are functioning adults.

To: C.S.
I challenge you to come up with a single reason why you think it should not be legalized and taxed. And I'll disprove that too. It's true that you need no reason to not want to experience it but to argue that it should stay illegal you need one. So let all of us pro-pot readers here it.

Please cite your source...

If you ever see me driving out on the roads the following will let you know that I am stoned out of my fucking mind.

1. My hands are strategically placed and the traditional "10 and 2" positions.
2. I am driving in the right lane on the interstate
3. I am going 5 mph under the speed limit.
4. I flip my turn signal about 200 meters before I really should.

But using that argument.. why aren't you starting a movement to bring back prohibition. I insist you show me statistics that say marijuana causes more accidents than alcohol.

Happy hunting.

As do cell phones, alcohol, not getting enough sleep etc. should we ban all of those?

Or should we be fair and only punish those who choose to drive in that condition?

It's like wanting to ban guns because some people will kill people with them.

Sorry we should've specified, we wanted one good reason.

Last edited:

Please cite your source...

If you ever see me driving out on the roads the following will let you know that I am stoned out of my fucking mind.

1. My hands are strategically placed and the traditional "10 and 2" positions.
2. I am driving in the right lane on the interstate
3. I am going 5 mph under the speed limit.
4. I flip my turn signal about 200 meters before I really should.

But using that argument.. why aren't you starting a movement to bring back prohibition. I insist you show me statistics that say marijuana causes more accidents than alcohol.

Happy hunting.

yeah, don't do it anymore (drive while stoned), but that's the way I drove when I used to drive, overly aware of everything, just in case. But there are plenty of people who are dead sober that cause fatalities too. Big thing is not getting enough sleep.

I insist you show me statistics that say marijuana causes more accidents than alcohol.
Not what I offered to show - as you would realize if you had a functioning brain.

There are two major trends in analysis of Marijuana; those studies performed by researchers determined to show MJ is not bad for you, and those which seek to determine the effects of MJ. The first sort invariable reach the conclusion that MJ is perfectly safe. The second typically finds a reason for alarm. Only brain damaged potheads believe the first sort of studies.

What I would find perfectly acceptable is to have all the MJ addicts go to the same state (or group of states) and stone up there. As long as they are not on the road with me. And as long as I don't have to pay for their increased medicare etc caused by the problems associated with long term MJ use.

I insist you show me statistics that say marijuana causes more accidents than alcohol.
Not what I offered to show - as you would realize if you had a functioning brain.

There are two major trends in analysis of Marijuana; those studies performed by researchers determined to show MJ is not bad for you, and those which seek to determine the effects of MJ. The first sort invariable reach the conclusion that MJ is perfectly safe. The second typically finds a reason for alarm. Only brain damaged potheads believe the first sort of studies.

What I would find perfectly acceptable is to have all the MJ addicts go to the same state (or group of states) and stone up there. As long as they are not on the road with me. And as long as I don't have to pay for their increased medicare etc caused by the problems associated with long term MJ use.

and can we ship all the close minded ignorant fools to the same state?

Pot causing auto fatalities?
Yes, please show me some stats on that whopper.
LOL.
Been investigating auto accidents for 28 years and never heard that one.

There are two major trends in analysis of Marijuana; those studies performed by researchers determined to show MJ is not bad for you, and those which seek to determine the effects of MJ.
No, I think you'll find there's a lot money (and therefore, research) determined to find Marijuana to be bad for you, not the other way around. This fight goes very far back, and is the root of the War on (Some) Drugs.
The first sort invariable reach the conclusion that MJ is perfectly safe. The second typically finds a reason for alarm. Only brain damaged potheads believe the first sort of studies.
Should I make a list of the scientists who disagree with you? There are a whole lot more than who agree with you.
What I would find perfectly acceptable is to have all the MJ addicts go to the same state (or group of states) and stone up there.
There is no physical addictive properties associated with Marijuana use.
As long as they are not on the road with me. And as long as I don't have to pay for their increased medicare etc caused by the problems associated with long term MJ use.
Like what medical problems?

LOL.
Then you must be a liar. Pot shows up in a lot of dead drivers - go check national statistics on that. Sure the MJ fans all say "Well the pot leaves traces long after you stop being impaired, so you can't tell that they were actually under the influence......" which is an absurd argument.
Go to
http://www.colostate.edu/Dept/CFDAE/marijuanaarticle.pdf

look at the conclusion
This population-based case–control study indicates that habitual use of marijuana is strongly associated with car crash injury.

LOL.
Then you must be a liar. Pot shows up in a lot of dead drivers - go check national statistics on that. Sure the MJ fans all say "Well the pot leaves traces long after you stop being impaired, so you can't tell that they were actually under the influence......" which is an absurd argument.
Go to
http://www.colostate.edu/Dept/CFDAE/marijuanaarticle.pdf

look at the conclusion
This population-based case–control study indicates that habitual use of marijuana is strongly associated with car crash injury.

Wow, they could of smoked the day before or even day's before, that doesn't mean thats' what caused the accident. the methodology even states "habitual use over a year" doesn't mean they were stoned while they were driving,a nd that that is what caused the accident. Horrible study. correlation does not mean causation.

typical anti pot propaganda we've all come to expect, false studies and not too bright people buying it without questions

Forum List

Back