Marco Rubio caught in HUGE, HUGE lie.

Well....I don't think Obama went through his entire political career pretending he was the product of Selma. But, whatever. If Rubio wants to garner sympathy from Cuban exiles who am I to care?

So lying just for a time is OK for the petty sisters?
This has really got you upset. Why?

All politicians lie.

yes they do.....and they will exaggerate a lot.....especially at Election time.....

My own thought on this thing.

My grandparents emigrated here from Germany in 1925, returned to Germany in 1930 and immigrated here for good in 1931. They liked to tell people they did it to get away from the Nazis, but the fact is, the Nazis weren't in charge until 1933.

I suspect the Rubios were like a lot of immigrants, they still had an affection for the old country until the old country lost its mind. My grandmother refused to believe Germany did horrible things in WWII, even though my dad saw them.

PETTY BITCH ALERT...............

Hi, you have received -889 reputation points from jillian.
Reputation was given for this post.

If there ever was a petty bitch on this board it would be juliian the board freeloader.

Seldom has the guts to discuss any issue.

thats not true,Jill has been in many a discussion......and if your neg repped.....BIG FUCKING DEAL.....it only hurts for a minute....

Hmmmm ... I can remember one discussion where her input had substance. Mostly I remember her for snark, insults and unworthy assumptions. I suppose she has a stressful life and needs to blow steam off here.

well if you two dont get along,then i can see you having that opinion.....i have been in quite a few threads were Jill "Conversed"......i think its no secret she does not have much patience with the farther Right crowd here.....hell look how i treat Dean....i dont treat Sallow or Synthaholic or Jill that way.....matter of fact outside of Dean and Douger.....i don't think i treat anyone that way....:eusa_angel:

thats not true,Jill has been in many a discussion......and if your neg repped.....BIG FUCKING DEAL.....it only hurts for a minute....

Hmmmm ... I can remember one discussion where her input had substance. Mostly I remember her for snark, insults and unworthy assumptions. I suppose she has a stressful life and needs to blow steam off here.

well if you two dont get along,then i can see you having that opinion.....i have been in quite a few threads were Jill "Conversed"......i think its no secret she does not have much patience with the farther Right crowd here.....hell look how i treat Dean....i dont treat Sallow or Synthaholic or Jill that way.....matter of fact outside of Dean and Douger.....i don't think i treat anyone that way....:eusa_angel:

I don't "not get along" with her. Mostly I try to stay out of her way while she goes out of her way sometimes to poke at me in threads where she hasn't been participating otherwise. Has done since like my tenth post. So yeah, mostly I have her on mental ignore. But I'll put in my two cents in solidarity with someone else who has been the brunt of her gratuitous meanness.

In an piece he wrote for the website, Politico.com, Rubio says if his dates were off, he accepts responsibility.

"If The Washington Post wants to criticize me for getting a few dates wrong, I accept that. But to call into question the central and defining event of my parents’ young lives – the fact that a brutal communist dictator took control of their homeland and they were never able to return – is something I will not tolerate."

In his statement, Rubio, who was born in 1970, more than a decade after his parents came to the United States but before they took citizenship, said, “What’s important is that the essential facts of my family’s story are completely accurate.

“My parents are from Cuba. After arriving in the United States, they had always hoped to one day return to Cuba if things improved and traveled there several times.

In 1961, my mother and older siblings did in fact return to Cuba while my father stayed behind wrapping up the family’s matters in the U.S. After just a few weeks living there, she fully realized the true nature of the direction Castro was taking Cuba and returned to the United States one month later, never to return.

“They were exiled from the home country they tried to return to because they did not want to live under communism. That is an undisputed fact and to suggest otherwise is outrageous.”

Rubio chides the post further adding, "The Post story misses the entire point about my family and why their story is relevant. People didn’t vote for me because they thought my parents came in 1961, or 1956, or any other year. Among others things, they voted for me because, as the son of immigrants, I know how special America really is. As the son of exiles, I know how much it hurts to lose your country.

Ultimately what The Post writes is not that important to me. I am the son of exiles. I inherited two generations of unfulfilled dreams. This is a story that needs no embellishing."

Full story

Last edited:
This is what the Obama Flufffers are reduced to, first who Palin supposedly fucked when she was single, then Chris Chritie's waistline, now this, making up shit about a guy who's not even running.

Hope?

Change?

Downgrade.

I didn't think is was possible for Dems to lose another 75 seat in 2012 but if this is their campaign...yeah, another 75 seat asskicking is possible

How big a truck would you need to haul the irony in CF's post, given the shit he's said about Obama over the years?

My own thought on this thing.

My grandparents emigrated here from Germany in 1925, returned to Germany in 1930 and immigrated here for good in 1931. They liked to tell people they did it to get away from the Nazis, but the fact is, the Nazis weren't in charge until 1933.

I suspect the Rubios were like a lot of immigrants, they still had an affection for the old country until the old country lost its mind. My grandmother refused to believe Germany did horrible things in WWII, even though my dad saw them.

The difference here is Rubio is embracing the Exile motif, predicated on the ‘wrongs’ of the Castro Revolution, and exploiting the reputation of the Exile Community he has no claim to.

‘Exile’ has a unique meaning in Florida, South Florida in particular. It refers only to Cubans forced to leave Cuba after the Castro takeover, those ‘victimized’ by a ‘communist’ regime.

Consequently lying about it is a big deal.
Who the fuck cares…

Needless to say, if Rubio were a democrat the right would be all over this.

A retort put together by Ace of Spades, sourced from another paper's analysis of the hit piece, and Rubino's response.

Surprise! WaPo <i>Embellished</i> Sen. Rubio's So-Called Embellished Family Story
Fascinating!

There's no fail like an rdean fail. Ask for it by name!
Fascinating.

There's no fail like an "Ace of Spades" fail! except maybe a Mad Scientist parroting an "Ace of Spades" fail! :lol:
One CON$ervative lies to cover the other CON'$ lie and that makes the original lie the truth. :cuckoo:

From the OP's "Ace of Spades" link:
Rubio apparently never said that his parents fled Castro to come to the United States.
From The Rube's own website before he changed it today:
In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro's takeover.

Last edited:
A retort put together by Ace of Spades, sourced from another paper's analysis of the hit piece, and Rubino's response.

Surprise! WaPo <i>Embellished</i> Sen. Rubio's So-Called Embellished Family Story
Fascinating!

News of WAPO's embellishment were greatly exaggerated.
What evah! Rubio is a liar and an opportunist, just like every other politician.

Our ruling

Several times during his race for U.S. Senate, Rubio told reporters and voters his parents left Cuba in 1959, suggesting they had fled Castro's rule. In his campaign bio, and later in his official Senate biography, he said his parents "came to America following Fidel Castro's takeover."

Even after he stumbled over dates with a Miami Herald reporter and acknowledged his parents left before the revolution, his official Web bio stayed the same. After two news organizations reported his parents moved to the United States in 1956, his spokesman acknowledged that the bio was wrong. It was updated to say, "Marco was born in Miami in 1971 to Cuban exiles who first arrived in the United States in 1956." That puts everyone in agreement: The original statement is False.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...rco-rubio-said-his-parents-came-america-foll/

This is what the Obama Flufffers are reduced to, first who Palin supposedly fucked when she was single, then Chris Chritie's waistline, now this, making up shit about a guy who's not even running.

Hope?

Change?

Downgrade.

I didn't think is was possible for Dems to lose another 75 seat in 2012 but if this is their campaign...yeah, another 75 seat asskicking is possible

How big a truck would you need to haul the irony in CF's post, given the shit he's said about Obama over the years?

About half the size of the truck we need to haul all the shit you said about Bush?

Fascinating!

What evah! Rubio is a liar and an opportunist, just like every other politician.

Our ruling

Several times during his race for U.S. Senate, Rubio told reporters and voters his parents left Cuba in 1959, suggesting they had fled Castro's rule. In his campaign bio, and later in his official Senate biography, he said his parents "came to America following Fidel Castro's takeover."

Even after he stumbled over dates with a Miami Herald reporter and acknowledged his parents left before the revolution, his official Web bio stayed the same. After two news organizations reported his parents moved to the United States in 1956, his spokesman acknowledged that the bio was wrong. It was updated to say, "Marco was born in Miami in 1971 to Cuban exiles who first arrived in the United States in 1956." That puts everyone in agreement: The original statement is False.
http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...rco-rubio-said-his-parents-came-america-foll/
It was updated only a short time ago. I checked his site earlier in this thread and this is what it said:

In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro's takeover.

Fascinating!

It was updated only a short time ago. I checked his site earlier in this thread and this is what it said:

Yep....he admitted he lied. :lol:

Hope?

Change?

Downgrade.

Obama's a genuine, certified, unqualified disaster, of course I'm going to talk about it

Yep....he admitted he lied. :lol:

I remember liberals lecturing me here recently about how it's not a lie if you don't know it's untrue.

Came up when I was pointing out false statements made by Obama which he should have known were untrue since he claimed he didn't do things which he was on record as doing.

Forum List

Back