Marco Rubio caught in HUGE, HUGE lie.

It was updated only a short time ago. I checked his site earlier in this thread and this is what it said:
Yep....he admitted he lied. :lol:

I remember liberals lecturing me here recently about how it's not a lie if you don't know it's untrue.

Came up when I was pointing out false statements made by Obama which he should have known were untrue since he claimed he didn't do things which he was on record as doing.
Actually, that's been the CON$ervative rationalization for their lying since Reagan used it to cover his arms for hostages lie.

REAGAN (11/13/86): We did not, repeat, did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages, nor will we.

REAGAN (3/4/87): A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true. But the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.

Hmmmm ... I can remember one discussion where her input had substance. Mostly I remember her for snark, insults and unworthy assumptions. I suppose she has a stressful life and needs to blow steam off here.

well if you two dont get along,then i can see you having that opinion.....i have been in quite a few threads were Jill "Conversed"......i think its no secret she does not have much patience with the farther Right crowd here.....hell look how i treat Dean....i dont treat Sallow or Synthaholic or Jill that way.....matter of fact outside of Dean and Douger.....i don't think i treat anyone that way....:eusa_angel:

I don't "not get along" with her. Mostly I try to stay out of her way while she goes out of her way sometimes to poke at me in threads where she hasn't been participating otherwise. Has done since like my tenth post. So yeah, mostly I have her on mental ignore. But I'll put in my two cents in solidarity with someone else who has been the brunt of her gratuitous meanness.

must be a girl thing.....you dont see that kind of stuff with the guys here.....:eusa_whistle:

My first thought was that he has been lied to his entire life. Who fact checks their parents?

So he never figured it out?

Why would he have to? My parents passed in the early 1980's, and I hear stories from my siblings I never heard growing up.

Let's be honest about why you libs are harping on this, and it's not because you really care.

It's because a ticket with Rubio on it could peal away Hispanic votes from the Democrats.

So you are out to destroy him for wandering off the plantation.

Castro was in exile for a couple of years during the revolution and it was either late 1956 or 1957 when he and Raul returned but at the time the people of Cuba knew damn well what was coming.

As some of you know my family was part of the ruling class that fled Cuba in the late 1950's before Castro completely took over. My own father isn't sure if they left in 1957 or 1958. He was a child at the time. As the years go on the story gets muddled and gray. Both of my grandparents have passed as well as my father's oldest brother so the family history of leaving Cuba is now just passed on stories. Given all that I don't really fault Rubio for not having his stories straight though if he is going to try to use it for political gain he should know the facts.

Personally, I don't view a situation like the Mexicans fleeing Mexico much differently than I do my own grandparents fleeing from Cuba. Both were fleeing a terrible situation and looking for a better life for their families.

The one thing about my family's flight that stuck with me over the years was that they literally flushed thousands and thousands of dollars down the toilet so the Communists couldn't get it before they left.

The Florida political leader has always publicly identified as part of the Cuban exile community. His Senate website says his parents came to America following Fidel Castro’s 1959 takeover.

But media reports Thursday revealed they’d emigrated to the U.S. in 1956. Rubio’s father was a bartender and came for economic reasons. Castro wasn’t even in Cuba when they left.

Florida US Sen. Marco Rubio denies claims he embellished his family’s history - The Washington Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Republican caught red handed, lying. Guess that means he won't be vice president. Not until people forget his lies.

It's like Republicans saying, "But half the country does't pay taxes" when EVERYONE pays sales tax and payroll tax.

You have to listen carefully to everything Republicans say. Even though it's all bullshit over and over again, they repeat the same lies so often, people start to believe them.

What other lies have they been caught saying, recently? Hmm, so many to choose from.

Somebody was certainly caught in a lie, but it was not Rubio.

The Florida political leader has always publicly identified as part of the Cuban exile community. His Senate website says his parents came to America following Fidel Castro’s 1959 takeover.

But media reports Thursday revealed they’d emigrated to the U.S. in 1956. Rubio’s father was a bartender and came for economic reasons. Castro wasn’t even in Cuba when they left.

Florida US Sen. Marco Rubio denies claims he embellished his family’s history - The Washington Post

Another Republican caught red handed, lying. Guess that means he won't be vice president. Not until people forget his lies.

It's like Republicans saying, "But half the country does't pay taxes" when EVERYONE pays sales tax and payroll tax.

You have to listen carefully to everything Republicans say. Even though it's all bullshit over and over again, they repeat the same lies so often, people start to believe them.

What other lies have they been caught saying, recently? Hmm, so many to choose from.

That's no lie. Castro was in Mexico.

Yes, Castro was in Mexico.

Yes, Castro was in Mexico.

So what? The location of Castro had little to do with the fact that Cubans in the 1950's saw that this was all going to end badly.

When my grandparents emigrated from Germany in 1925, Adolf Hitler had just been released from prison for his part in the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch. But they still had a pretty good idea some bad shit was going to go down. They tried to return in 1930, and found the whole place was on a fast track to disaster.

Castro was in exile for a couple of years during the revolution and it was either late 1956 or 1957 when he and Raul returned but at the time the people of Cuba knew damn well what was coming.

As some of you know my family was part of the ruling class that fled Cuba in the late 1950's before Castro completely took over. My own father isn't sure if they left in 1957 or 1958. He was a child at the time. As the years go on the story gets muddled and gray. Both of my grandparents have passed as well as my father's oldest brother so the family history of leaving Cuba is now just passed on stories. Given all that I don't really fault Rubio for not having his stories straight though if he is going to try to use it for political gain he should know the facts.

Personally, I don't view a situation like the Mexicans fleeing Mexico much differently than I do my own grandparents fleeing from Cuba. Both were fleeing a terrible situation and looking for a better life for their families.
Yep. His public meltdown was pretty funny though. Why didn't he just say, my bad, for what he put on his website, and leave it at that? Why go the extra mile and diss those that fled from Castro.....:eusa_eh:

The lie is that Rubio said his parents left Cuba because of Castro. Just because you are a fucking idiot does not mean everyone else on the planet is.

Did the Washington Post embellish Marco Rubio's 'embellishments'? | Naked Politics

From Rubio's weekly e-mail:

I now know that they entered the U.S. legally on an immigration visa in May of 1956. Not, as some have said before, as part of some special privilege reserved only for Cubans. They came because they wanted to achieve things they could not achieve in their native land.

And they stayed because, after January 1959, the Cuba they knew disappeared. They wanted to go back - and in fact they did. Like many Cubans, they initially held out hope that Castro's revolution would bring about positive change. So after 1959, they traveled back several times - to assess the prospect of returning home.

In February 1961, my mother took my older siblings to Cuba with the intention of moving back. My father was wrapping up family matters in Miami and was set to join them.

But after just a few weeks, it became clear that the change happening in Cuba was not for the better. It was communism. So in late March 1961, just weeks before the Bay of Pigs invasion, my mother and siblings left Cuba and my family settled permanently in the United States.

Soon after, Castro officially declared Cuba a Marxist state. My family has never been able to return.

I am the son of immigrants and exiles, raised by people who know all too well that you can lose your country. By people who know firsthand that America is a very special place.

My father spent the last 50 years of his life separated from the nation of his birth. Separated from his two brothers, who died in Cuba in the 1980s. Unable to show us where he played baseball as a boy. Where he met my mother. Unable to visit his parents' grave.

From Rubio's weekly e-mail:

I now know that they entered the U.S. legally on an immigration visa in May of 1956. Not, as some have said before, as part of some special privilege reserved only for Cubans. They came because they wanted to achieve things they could not achieve in their native land.

And they stayed because, after January 1959, the Cuba they knew disappeared. They wanted to go back - and in fact they did. Like many Cubans, they initially held out hope that Castro's revolution would bring about positive change. So after 1959, they traveled back several times - to assess the prospect of returning home.

In February 1961, my mother took my older siblings to Cuba with the intention of moving back. My father was wrapping up family matters in Miami and was set to join them.

But after just a few weeks, it became clear that the change happening in Cuba was not for the better. It was communism. So in late March 1961, just weeks before the Bay of Pigs invasion, my mother and siblings left Cuba and my family settled permanently in the United States.

Soon after, Castro officially declared Cuba a Marxist state. My family has never been able to return.

I am the son of immigrants and exiles, raised by people who know all too well that you can lose your country. By people who know firsthand that America is a very special place.

My father spent the last 50 years of his life separated from the nation of his birth. Separated from his two brothers, who died in Cuba in the 1980s. Unable to show us where he played baseball as a boy. Where he met my mother. Unable to visit his parents' grave.

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Forum List

Back