Marco Rubio caught in HUGE, HUGE lie.

The Florida political leader has always publicly identified as part of the Cuban exile community. His Senate website says his parents came to America following Fidel Castro’s 1959 takeover.

But media reports Thursday revealed they’d emigrated to the U.S. in 1956. Rubio’s father was a bartender and came for economic reasons. Castro wasn’t even in Cuba when they left.

Florida US Sen. Marco Rubio denies claims he embellished his family’s history - The Washington Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Republican caught red handed, lying. Guess that means he won't be vice president. Not until people forget his lies.

It's like Republicans saying, "But half the country does't pay taxes" when EVERYONE pays sales tax and payroll tax.

You have to listen carefully to everything Republicans say. Even though it's all bullshit over and over again, they repeat the same lies so often, people start to believe them.

What other lies have they been caught saying, recently? Hmm, so many to choose from.

A retort put together by Ace of Spades, sourced from another paper's analysis of the hit piece, and Rubino's response.

Surprise! WaPo <i>Embellished</i> Sen. Rubio's So-Called Embellished Family Story

thx for that Marty..it dersves to be posetd I think;

But the top of the [Washington Post] story suggests Rubio himself has given this "dramatatic account:" that "he was the son of exiles, he told audiences, Cuban Americans forced off their beloved island after 'a thug,' Fidel Castro, took power."

However, the story doesn't cite one speech where Rubio actually said that.

snip-
As usual you are a day late and a dollar short in your wrongness!
This previously posted rebuttal of the link you posted from the part you snipped:

From the OP's link and edited out by you:
Rubio apparently never said that his parents fled Castro to come to the United States.
From The Rube's own website:
Biography - About Marco - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio
In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro's takeover.

My first thought was that he has been lied to his entire life. Who fact checks their parents?

My first thought was 'why is it HUGE HUGE now but when Obama lied about his background, it was no big deal?' (Hint: "Selma got me born"... no, it didn't. He lied. Out and out lie.)

He didn't say he was born "IN" Selma, dipshit.

he was born 4 years before the marches, asshat.

:rofl:

damn, you're stupid.

The typical definition of Cuban exile down here is someone that fled Castro. So Rubio played fast and loose with the truth. Big deal.

Apparently his parents were illegal immigrants? Who cares.

And being born to illegal immigrants would make Rubio a non natural born citizen eligible for the presidency or vice presidency.

he banged sarah, but then, who hasn't?

besides you, i mean. :lol:

:eusa_shhh:

The Florida political leader has always publicly identified as part of the Cuban exile community. His Senate website says his parents came to America following Fidel Castro’s 1959 takeover.

But media reports Thursday revealed they’d emigrated to the U.S. in 1956. Rubio’s father was a bartender and came for economic reasons. Castro wasn’t even in Cuba when they left.

Florida US Sen. Marco Rubio denies claims he embellished his family&rsquo;s history - The Washington Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Republican caught red handed, lying. Guess that means he won't be vice president. Not until people forget his lies.

It's like Republicans saying, "But half the country does't pay taxes" when EVERYONE pays sales tax and payroll tax.

You have to listen carefully to everything Republicans say. Even though it's all bullshit over and over again, they repeat the same lies so often, people start to believe them.

What other lies have they been caught saying, recently? Hmm, so many to choose from.

Another Republican caught red handed, lying. Guess that means he won't be vice president.

Dean have Democrats lied to us before?......you can thank me for asking the question you were to scared to ask your buddy Dean Marc.......

BTW, you guys claiming that Rubio is lying because he claims his family are Cuban exiles despite the fact that Castro didn't take over till 1959 are aware that Cuba was run by a dictator prior to Castro, right?

My first thought was 'why is it HUGE HUGE now but when Obama lied about his background, it was no big deal?' (Hint: "Selma got me born"... no, it didn't. He lied. Out and out lie.)

point taken. i was writing from a nonpartisan perspective.

If the thread had been started by a rational liberal, I'd have responded with a non partisan perspective... but rdean is a wingnut who is incapable of understanding a nonpartisan response. :lol:

But... a rational liberal would not have started such a moronic piece of bullshit.
thats not true CG....Dean has said he is "just Left of Center".....

point taken. i was writing from a nonpartisan perspective.

If the thread had been started by a rational liberal, I'd have responded with a non partisan perspective... but rdean is a wingnut who is incapable of understanding a nonpartisan response. :lol:

But... a rational liberal would not have started such a moronic piece of bullshit.
thats not true CG....Dean has said he is "just Left of Center".....

Yeah, and TM claims to be honest...

Rubio is a conservative, which means he's wrong on most major issues. That's what should matter most to anyone who isn't a conservative.

Vs the liberal side of gun running and drug smuggling.

But that doesnt matter to you.

PETTY BITCH ALERT...............

Hi, you have received -889 reputation points from jillian.
Reputation was given for this post.

If there ever was a petty bitch on this board it would be juliian the board freeloader.

Seldom has the guts to discuss any issue.

thats not true,Jill has been in many a discussion......and if your neg repped.....BIG FUCKING DEAL.....it only hurts for a minute....

Rubio is a conservative, which means he's wrong on most major issues. That's what should matter most to anyone who isn't a conservative.

wrong? No.

HGve a different opinion than yours? Yes.

Do you pull your views randomly out of a hat, or do your take your views based on your conclusion that your views are the right ones, and opposing views are wrong?

isnt that kinda what your doing?.....

Vs the liberal side of gun running and drug smuggling.

But that doesnt matter to you.

PETTY BITCH ALERT...............

Hi, you have received -889 reputation points from jillian.
Reputation was given for this post.

If there ever was a petty bitch on this board it would be juliian the board freeloader.

Seldom has the guts to discuss any issue.

thats not true,Jill has been in many a discussion......and if your neg repped.....BIG FUCKING DEAL.....it only hurts for a minute....

Hmmmm ... I can remember one discussion where her input had substance. Mostly I remember her for snark, insults and unworthy assumptions. I suppose she has a stressful life and needs to blow steam off here.

OH MY GOD

He was 3 years off about a date that took place 50 years ago!!!!

The horror!

Forum List

Back