Map of Ottoman Empire @ 1900's clearly shows, land NOT OWNED BY ARABS:

Roudy -

Two excellent sets of data have been posted in #70 and #76.

So far you have addressed neither of them coherently nor honestly.

By all means prove my earlier assertions wrong and actually mount an honest case, or admit that both sets of data are actually accurate. Obviously you know that they are...the only question is whether you can be honest.

btw. I spent the summer in Tanzania. Not a lot of WiFi where I was living, hence no posting.

The OP of this thread is not whether "Arabs invaded the region, while the British restricted the Jews".

It's a simple assertion, the land as a whole was Ottoman territory the Arabs had no say in what happened for 700 years. The Ottoman Empire collapsed, the victors ie the British and the French gained control of the land and divided it giving 99.9999% to Muslims and Arabs, and gave a tiny slither to become the Jewish state. Arabs didn't want any of it, and the rest is a history of Arabs trying to destroy the Jewish state and failing. :clap2:

No matter how blather on with the propaganda, the Arabs owned more than 90% of the land in Palestine in 1943. A third party has no right to take land away from the rightful indigenous owners and give it to people from another owner. The action went contrary to the Mandate and was, if not illegal, patently unfair. Which is why the UN continues to support the refugees they created through their crazy decision. And, as far as the partition land/population statistics, there were 1,237,000 Christians and Muslims in Palestine versus 638,000 Jews. The UN gave 56.47% of the land to the Jews and 43.53% to the Christians and Muslims.

Furthermore the Jews began expelling the non-Jews from the land assigned to them in November of 1947 and had expelled more than 250,000 non-Jews out of their area of the partition before the partition was declared.

So enough of your propaganda.

View attachment 32912

Yeah, it was a "crazy" decision to give less than 1% of the land so the Jews can have a state in their holy land and land their ancestors roamed. What in the world were they thinking? Why not all the world be Moooslem lands? Moooslems invaded and squatted so now it's their land.

Still can't show us why Jews were majority in Jerusalem in 1896, eh? You keep diverting to this stupid bullshit chart from a Mooooslem propaganda site. Land was not under Arab control for 700 years...read the OP of this thread again.

Another of your epic fails.

"Yeah, it was a "crazy" decision to give less than 1% of the land"

Jews were given more than 50% of Palestine with a third of the population of Palestine. that's just a fact.

"Still can't show us why Jews were majority in Jerusalem in 1896, eh? "

I think you should reread your comment above. Since Jews were not a majority in Jerusalem in 1896 but roughly equal in number to the Christians and Muslims (and less than 5% of the population of Palestine) why should I try to "show us (you) why Jews were a majority in Jerusalem in 1896". Can you elaborate?

Excuse us...but...aren't you the anti semetic lying asshole who keeps posting a propaganda video from youtube about "absence of Jews in Palestine in 1896"? Yet the truth is exactly the opposite, the Jews compromised a majority in Jerusalem at the same time. That's why you should provide an answer.

Of course, since you are a shameless, useless, ineffective, delusional liar, you will continue to claim that your bullshit isn't bullshit.

I posted a unique documentary by the Lumiere brothers (who invented the moving picture) of Palestine in 1896. The documentary says what it says. Your propaganda says something different, it says that Jews represented 50% of the population of Jerusalem and just 5% of the population of Palestine, which is in my opinion correct. I have no indication that a neutral documentary would not provide the facts.

I don't know what "Jews compromised a majority in Jerusalem" means but, you have certainly compromised your credibility on this site.

No that's funny Ruddy. I deal in facts and official documents reflecting the closest one can get to historical truth. You are 100% a propaganda monger. Your attempt at deflection is, in fact, hilarious. By the way, PMs are possible on this site, and I receive them, I know how people feel about my posts.

Yeah your bullshit charts, youtube clips, posts from Palestine monitor and other propaganda and anti Semetic sites speak for themselves.

Yes, PM's are possible, but your numbers speak for itself:

MOHOMOD LATICI the paid Pali propagandist:
Thanks Received:
Ratings:
+638
EPIC FAIL!

None of my links are from Palestinian sites or anti-Semitic sites, as you well know. They are almost all from the UN archives or the archives of educational institutions.

What would it be "epic" in your pea brain Ruddy? I mean, it's not like we are writing the Ilyad.

Why don't you quit while you are ahead. We all now see that all you post is propaganda and just flat out lie.

Epic as the massive the of failures you cause for yourself. Constantly repeating that your propaganda crap isnt propaganda crap doesn't make it so. And the only time you quote "UN archives" you misquote, misinterpret and internationally mislead.

How can excerpts from official documents be propaganda? I think I now realize what your (and many of your cohort's) problem is, you don't actually know what propaganda is. You are convinced that information from official sources that unmask Zionist propaganda is, in fact, propaganda. That is not case. The propaganda are the lies and half lies used to manufacture the Zionist propaganda, the facts contained in official documents in neutral archives are not propaganda. Get it?
it is not a official source. I found the same document on a pro Pali Moooslem site. It separates Jews and lumps Christians and Muslims together.

You found nothing credible that disputes the facts contained in the official documents. If you had you would have linked to it. Constant lying Ruddy. Everybody sees it. Quit while you're ahead.

The OP of this thread is not whether "Arabs invaded the region, while the British restricted the Jews".

It's a simple assertion, the land as a whole was Ottoman territory the Arabs had no say in what happened for 700 years. The Ottoman Empire collapsed, the victors ie the British and the French gained control of the land and divided it giving 99.9999% to Muslims and Arabs, and gave a tiny slither to become the Jewish state. Arabs didn't want any of it, and the rest is a history of Arabs trying to destroy the Jewish state and failing. :clap2:

No matter how blather on with the propaganda, the Arabs owned more than 90% of the land in Palestine in 1943. A third party has no right to take land away from the rightful indigenous owners and give it to people from another owner. The action went contrary to the Mandate and was, if not illegal, patently unfair. Which is why the UN continues to support the refugees they created through their crazy decision. And, as far as the partition land/population statistics, there were 1,237,000 Christians and Muslims in Palestine versus 638,000 Jews. The UN gave 56.47% of the land to the Jews and 43.53% to the Christians and Muslims.

Furthermore the Jews began expelling the non-Jews from the land assigned to them in November of 1947 and had expelled more than 250,000 non-Jews out of their area of the partition before the partition was declared.

So enough of your propaganda.

View attachment 32912

Yeah, it was a "crazy" decision to give less than 1% of the land so the Jews can have a state in their holy land and land their ancestors roamed. What in the world were they thinking? Why not all the world be Moooslem lands? Moooslems invaded and squatted so now it's their land.

Still can't show us why Jews were majority in Jerusalem in 1896, eh? You keep diverting to this stupid bullshit chart from a Mooooslem propaganda site. Land was not under Arab control for 700 years...read the OP of this thread again.

Another of your epic fails.

"Yeah, it was a "crazy" decision to give less than 1% of the land"

Jews were given more than 50% of Palestine with a third of the population of Palestine. that's just a fact.

"Still can't show us why Jews were majority in Jerusalem in 1896, eh? "

I think you should reread your comment above. Since Jews were not a majority in Jerusalem in 1896 but roughly equal in number to the Christians and Muslims (and less than 5% of the population of Palestine) why should I try to "show us (you) why Jews were a majority in Jerusalem in 1896". Can you elaborate?

Excuse us...but...aren't you the anti semetic lying asshole who keeps posting a propaganda video from youtube about "absence of Jews in Palestine in 1896"? Yet the truth is exactly the opposite, the Jews compromised a majority in Jerusalem at the same time. That's why you should provide an answer.

Of course, since you are a shameless, useless, ineffective, delusional liar, you will continue to claim that your bullshit isn't bullshit.

I posted a unique documentary by the Lumiere brothers (who invented the moving picture) of Palestine in 1896. The documentary says what it says. Your propaganda says something different, it says that Jews represented 50% of the population of Jerusalem and just 5% of the population of Palestine, which is in my opinion correct. I have no indication that a neutral documentary would not provide the facts.

I don't know what "Jews compromised a majority in Jerusalem" means but, you have certainly compromised your credibility on this site.

oh really? I posted a chart from wiki for Jerusalem in 1896 with its various sources clearly listed. That's not propaganda, but you can go ahead and try to discredit them if you wish. Good luck. LOL

So youR claim that "no JEWS in Palestine" IS based on ONE youtube clip? Ha ha ha...you are beyond pathetic. Funny, you want people to take you seriously. If you have other numbers for Jerusalem in 1986 put those up. Otherwise you will continue to be who you are, a liar propagandist for IslamoNazism.

Yeah your bullshit charts, youtube clips, posts from Palestine monitor and other propaganda and anti Semetic sites speak for themselves.

Yes, PM's are possible, but your numbers speak for itself:

MOHOMOD LATICI the paid Pali propagandist:
Thanks Received:
Ratings:
+638
EPIC FAIL!

None of my links are from Palestinian sites or anti-Semitic sites, as you well know. They are almost all from the UN archives or the archives of educational institutions.

What would it be "epic" in your pea brain Ruddy? I mean, it's not like we are writing the Ilyad.

Why don't you quit while you are ahead. We all now see that all you post is propaganda and just flat out lie.

Epic as the massive the of failures you cause for yourself. Constantly repeating that your propaganda crap isnt propaganda crap doesn't make it so. And the only time you quote "UN archives" you misquote, misinterpret and internationally mislead.

How can excerpts from official documents be propaganda? I think I now realize what your (and many of your cohort's) problem is, you don't actually know what propaganda is. You are convinced that information from official sources that unmask Zionist propaganda is, in fact, propaganda. That is not case. The propaganda are the lies and half lies used to manufacture the Zionist propaganda, the facts contained in official documents in neutral archives are not propaganda. Get it?
it is not a official source. I found the same document on a pro Pali Moooslem site. It separates Jews and lumps Christians and Muslims together.

You found nothing credible that disputes the facts contained in the official documents. If you had you would have linked to it. Constant lying Ruddy. Everybody sees it. Quit while you're ahead.

I actually did in another thread and I'm not about to waste my time searching just because a BUM says so. Why don't you show us the DIRECT LINK and Site you obtained it from.

As I said even if so, that doesn't add up to a hill of beans, we all know the Arabs invaded "Palestine" in hoards. That, has been well documented.

I actually did in another thread and I'm not about to waste my time searching just because a BUM says so. Why don't you show us the DIRECT LINK and Site you obtained it from.

As I said even if so, that doesn't add up to a hill of beans, we all know the Arabs invaded "Palestine" in hoards. That, has been well documented.

There were no Arab "hordes" the Arabian desert is not conducive to large populations. Just simple logic should tell you that, oh wait, Ruddy/Logic mutually exclusive. As the historical record confirms the "hordes", for the most parts, were made up of converts led by a relatively small Arabian officer corp.

"But what is surprising is what came afterwards. Unlike the Huns, and the Goths, the Avars and the Mongols, the Arabs are still with us. They succeeded in impressing their language and culture on the region we now consider the Arab world, subsuming the indigenous cultures and languages, even though they were a tiny minority compared to the peoples they conquered....."

Why did the Arabs thrive while the Huns and Avars died out Islam CatholicHerald.co.uk

By the way it is a Catholic site, so bias is not an issue.

If you are talking about the Survey of Palestine regarding the other issue, the direct link I have (and have always provided) for the Survey of Palestine is from the Berman Jewish Policy Archive. I downloaded all three volumes from there.

A Survey of Palestine Volume 1 Berman Jewish Policy Archive NYU Wagner

There were no Arab "hordes" the Arabian desert is not conducive to large populations. Just simple logic should tell you that, oh wait, Ruddy/Logic mutually exclusive. As the historical record confirms the "hordes", for the most parts, were made up of converts led by a relatively small Arabian officer corp.

"But what is surprising is what came afterwards. Unlike the Huns, and the Goths, the Avars and the Mongols, the Arabs are still with us. They succeeded in impressing their language and culture on the region we now consider the Arab world, subsuming the indigenous cultures and languages, even though they were a tiny minority compared to the peoples they conquered....."

Why did the Arabs thrive while the Huns and Avars died out Islam CatholicHerald.co.uk

By the way it is a Catholic site, so bias is not an issue.

If you are talking about the Survey of Palestine regarding the other issue, the direct link I have (and have always provided) for the Survey of Palestine is from the Berman Jewish Policy Archive. I downloaded all three volumes from there.

A Survey of Palestine Volume 1 Berman Jewish Policy Archive NYU Wagner

Well we do know that the Arabs invaded. Your charts are merely reflecting a massive Arab invasion into a land that was not theirs. :

By contrast, throughout the Mandatory period, Arab immigration was unrestricted. In 1930, the Hope Simpson Commission, sent from London to investigate the 1929 Arab riots, said the British practice of ignoring the uncontrolled illegal Arab immigration from Egypt, Transjordan and Syria had the effect of displacing the prospectiveJewish immigrants.

The British Governor of the Sinai from 1922–36 observed: “This illegal immigration was not only going on from the Sinai, but also from Transjordan and Syria, and it is very difficult to make a case out for the misery of the Arabs if at the same time their compatriots from adjoining states could not be kept from going in to share that misery.” 9

The Peel Commission reported in 1937 that the “shortfall of land is . . . due less to the amount of land acquired by Jews than to the increase in the Arab population.”

FACT
The Jewish population increased by 470,000 between World War I and World War II, while the non-Jewish population rose by 588,000. 13 In fact, the permanent Arab population increased 120 percent between 1922 and 1947. 14

This rapid growth of the Arab population was a result of several factors. One was immigration from neighboring states—constituting 37 percent of the total immigration to pre-state Israel—by Arabs who wanted to take advantage of the higher standard of living the Jews had made possible. 15 The Arab population also grew because of the improved living conditions created by the Jews as they drained malarial swamps and brought improved sanitation and health care to the region. Thus, for example, the Muslim infant mortality rate fell from 201 per thousand in 1925 to 94 per thousand in 1945 and life expectancy rose from 37 years in 1926 to 49 in 1943. 16

The Arab population increased the most in cities where large Jewish populations had created new economic opportunities. From 1922–1947, the non-Jewish population increased 290 percent in Haifa, 131 percent inJerusalem and 158 percent in Jaffa. The growth in Arab towns was more modest: 42 percent in Nablus, 78 percent in Jenin and 37 percent in Bethlehem. 17

“It is made quite clear to all, both by the map drawn up by the Simpson Commission and by another compiled by the Peel Commission, that the Arabs are as prodigal in selling their land as they are in useless wailing and weeping” (emphasis in the original).

— Transjordan’s King Abdullah

Historical facts fly in the face of those who claim: "The Jews stole the land".

I'm going to come round to your place, then steal your TV, stereo, mobile phone and anything else I can get hold of.
I'm then going to sell it to a friend.
That way, even though you were watching it last night and was stolen from you, you don't have any rights to it.

Ge fucked, idiot.

But of course you can't show us that's what happened. In fact, the Muslim animals started attacking the Jews, in jewish holy land. That's what Muslims do. It's Islam.

The mass illegal immigrants immediately tried to set up a Jewish state, and created terrorist groups such as the Stern gang, who wanted to, and actually did, mass murder Arabs and British troops.
The locals weren't very happy at these illegal Jewish immigrants.

Why do you post opinion without a link to the source. The population statistics direct from the source have been posted many times. What you post is not fact. It is Zionist propaganda, from Zionist sites which you cut and paste attempting to claim that it is your own writing. Don't you understand everyone can see through it, you really stupid person.

By the way here is a fact regarding the population of Palestine prepared by the UN, prior to Partition in 1947:

The figures given for the distribution of the settled population in the two proposed States, as estimated on the basis of official figures up to the end of 1946, are approximately as follows:166/

C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif
JewsArabs and otherstotal
The Jewish State498,000407,000905,000
The Arab State10,000725,000735,000
City of Jerusalem100,000105,000205,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A 364 of 3 September 1947

Notice how Jews are a minority in Jerusalem at the end of 1946.

Roudy -

And if you could be honest enough to admit that Palestinians are not and have never been Turks, and neither are Palestinians Hashemites or Syrians or Egyptians, you would actually have a discussion worth entering into.

How can you expect anyone to discuss anything with you when we all know that everything you post is a distortion, and that you flat out refuse to discuss anything anyone else posts sensibly?

The topic of this thread isn't "the origins of the Palestinian people" but yes, many Arabs who call themselves Palestinians as of the 1960's did invade from Egypt and Syria. That is a historical fact that Churchill even noted. Even Yasser Arafat their founder was born and raised in Egypt.

Again the constant propaganda. Setting aside Palestinian parliamentarians elected to the new parliament after the new Ottoman constitution was promulgated in 1876. Unfortunately, the Parliamentary decrees are in Turkish. Muslims and Christians called themselves the People of Palestine well before 1960. You are always pushing the propaganda Ruddy. that's all you do:

Here is text from one the letters sent by the Palestinian Delegation to London to the British in 1922:

"PALESTINE. CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE PALESTINE ARAB DELEGATION"
Presented to Parliament by Command of His Majesty. JUNE, 1922. LONDON:

.........Whilst the position in Palestine is, as it stands to-day, with the British Government holding authority by an occupying force, and using that authority to impose upon the people against their wishes a great immigration of alien Jews, many of them of a Bolshevik revolutionary type, no constitution which would fall short of giving the People of Palestine full control of their own affairs could be acceptable. If the British Government would revise their present policy in Palestine, end the Zionist con-dominium, put a stop to all alien immigration and grant the People of Palestine — who by Right and Experience are the best judges of what is good and bad to their country — Executive and Legislative powers, the terms of a constitution could be discussed in a different atmosphere. If to-day the People of Palestine assented to any constitution which fell short of giving them full control of their own affairs they would be in the position of agreeing to an instrument of Government which might, and probably would, be used to smother their national life under a flood of alien immigration. ........"

- See more at: UK correspondence with Palestine Arab Delegation and Zionist Organization British policy in Palestine Churchill White Paper - UK documentation Cmd. 1700 Non-UN document excerpts 1 July 1922

Yeah nice going, that's the Arab delegation who had no control over the land, writing to the British govt. Asking permission for another Moooslem takeover, and the British politely told them to take a hike, and shove it up their Mohammad. The uncompromising greedy Arab Muslim animals wanted the entire Middle East to be in Moooslem hands. Here is the British response, moron:

JEWISH MIGRATION = LEGAL
ARAB INVASION = TOTALLY ILLEGAL

4. With regard to Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, I am to observe that this Article, in so far as it applies to territories severed from the Ottoman Empire, has been interpreted by the Principal Allied Powers in Articles 94 to 97 of the Treaty of Sevres, Syria and Iraq are explicitly referred to in Article 94 of that Treaty as having been provisionally recognised as Independent States, in accordance with the fourth paragraph of Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations. Article 95, on the other hand, makes no such reference to Palestine. The reason for this is that, as stated in that Article, the Mandatory is to be responsible for putting into effect the Declaration originally made on the 2nd November, 1917, by the British Government, and adopted by the other Allied Powers, in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a National Home for the Jewish people.

6. The references in your letter under reply to "a great immigration of alien Jews," "a flood of alien immigration," and "a flood of alien Jewish immigration," coupled with the request that the British Government should "put a stop to all alien immigration," and the reference to the Zionist Organisation in Clause 2 of paragraph (d) of your letter, indicate that your Delegation and the community which they represent, imperfectly apprehend the interpretation placed by His Majesty's Government upon the policy of the National Home for the Jewish people. This interpretation was publicly given in Palestine on the 3rd June, 1921, by the High Commissioner in the following words :—
  • " These words (National Home) mean that the Jews, who are a people scattered throughout the world, but whose hearts are always turned to Palestine should be enabled to found here their home, and that some amongst them, within the limits fixed by numbers and the interests of the present population, should come to Palestine..."
Paragraph (f).—The recognition of Hebrew as an official language is provided for in Article 22 of the draft Mandate for Palestine, in pursuance of the policy of the establishment in that country of a National Home for the Jewish People. Mr. Churchill does not agree that the expense involved is a sufficient reason for this provision to be reconsidered.

- See more at: UK correspondence with Palestine Arab Delegation and Zionist Organization British policy in Palestine Churchill White Paper - UK documentation Cmd. 1700 Non-UN document excerpts 1 July 1922

Last edited:
Why do you post opinion without a link to the source. The population statistics direct from the source have been posted many times. What you post is not fact. It is Zionist propaganda, from Zionist sites which you cut and paste attempting to claim that it is your own writing. Don't you understand everyone can see through it, you really stupid person.

By the way here is a fact regarding the population of Palestine prepared by the UN, prior to Partition in 1947:

The figures given for the distribution of the settled population in the two proposed States, as estimated on the basis of official figures up to the end of 1946, are approximately as follows:166/

C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif
JewsArabs and otherstotal
The Jewish State498,000407,000905,000
The Arab State10,000725,000735,000
City of Jerusalem100,000105,000205,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A 364 of 3 September 1947

Notice how Jews are a minority in Jerusalem at the end of 1946.
At the end of the Arab invasion? So what. Ha ha ha. What an idiot.

"Notice how Arabs invaded and I have a document that proves it?"

You want maps? Here is some free aducashun. I

otomansko-carstvo.jpg
Well it certainly wasn't Israel......but of course it was Palestine.....your crappy map is one of those provided by the Terrorist Zionists(which shows this a uninhabited land I assume LOL)What complete TRASH..........there are so many maps showing exactly where Palestine was and is.....as a member of a Terrorist Organization.........I expect nothing better from you...........Grow a backbone for once in your life.....and admit the error of your ways Roudy then at least we can have some form of debate...steve

otomansko-carstvo.jpg
Well it certainly wasn't Israel......but of course it was Palestine.....your crappy map is one of those provided by the Terrorist Zionist(which shows this a uninhabited land)What complete TRASH..........there are so many maps showing exactly where Palestine was and is.....as a member of a Terrorist Organization.........I expect nothing better from you...........Grow a backbone for once in your life.....and admit the error of your ways Roudy then at least we can have some form of debate...steve

Did you fart out of your mouth again? The fact that the Ottoman Empire existed and today's Israel was part of it is irrefutable fact. There are thousand maps that will confirm this. And Palestine was known as "southern Syria" in these maps, and it certainly wasn't it's own country nor did Arabs own it. If you don't believe me look it up. Why do you people insist on proving how ignorant and uneducated you are? Ha ha ha .

otomansko-carstvo.jpg
Well it certainly wasn't Israel......but of course it was Palestine.....your crappy map is one of those provided by the Terrorist Zionist(which shows this a uninhabited land)What complete TRASH..........there are so many maps showing exactly where Palestine was and is.....as a member of a Terrorist Organization.........I expect nothing better from you...........Grow a backbone for once in your life.....and admit the error of your ways Roudy then at least we can have some form of debate...steve

Did you fart out of your mouth again? The fact that the Ottoman Empire existed and today's Israel was part of it is irrefutable fact. There are thousand maps that will confirm this. And Palestine was known as "southern Syria" in these maps, and it certainly wasn't it's own country nor did Arabs own it. If you don't believe me look it up. Why do you people insist on proving how ignorant and uneducated you are? Ha ha ha .

The Ottomans already called it Palestine. I looked it up.

9379037666_4ff0d50213_o.jpg

The first map in this collection was published in Filastin Risalesi, an official publication of the Ottoman army intended to be used as an officer’s manual for the Palestine region.The manual itself is a social, topographical, demographic and economic survey of Palestine circa its time of publication, 1331 (Rumi).[2]

Afternoon Map Ottoman and Arab Maps of Palestine 1880s-1910s

otomansko-carstvo.jpg

The Ottomans already called it Palestine. I looked it up.

9379037666_4ff0d50213_o.jpg

The first map in this collection was published in Filastin Risalesi, an official publication of the Ottoman army intended to be used as an officer’s manual for the Palestine region.The manual itself is a social, topographical, demographic and economic survey of Palestine circa its time of publication, 1331 (Rumi).[2]

Afternoon Map Ottoman and Arab Maps of Palestine 1880s-1910s

Oh, so all the searches were futile except you found this map IN ARABIC of the Ottoman Empire in the 1800's?! OMG, is this guy for real?

EPIC FAIL AGAIN!

MIDDLE%20EAST%20&%20THE%20TURKS.jpg

ottsyr19061914text.gif

ottoman_empire_asia_1792.jpg

mcd_mwh2005_0618377115_p353_f01.jpg

Meanwhile, THE ARABS THEMSELVES CALLED IT SOUTHERN SYRIA!

Why so little faith in Palestine? Because Palestine is an invented name for an invented people.

Southern Syria (سوريا الجنوبية, Suriyya al-Janubiyya) is a term that refers to the southern part of the Syria region, also known as the Levant.

In Arabic, the term "Southern Syria" could imply support for the Greater Syria nationalism associated with the kingdom promised to the Hashemite dynasty of the Hejaz by the British during World War I. After the war, the Hashemite prince Faisal attempted to establish such a Greater Syrian or pan-Mashriq state—a united kingdom that would comprise all of what eventually becameSyria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Palestine, Kuwait and Iraq, but he was stymied by conflicting promises made by the British to different parties (see Sykes–Picot Agreement), leading to the French creation of the mandate of Syria and Lebanon in 1920. Through the Ottoman period, prior to World War I, the Levant was administered and viewed locally as one entity.[citation needed]

Use of the term was common by the early 20th century[1] and still an occasionally used term in politics, literature and local history of the region.[2][3]

According to the Minutes of the Ninth Session of the League of Nations' Permanent Mandate Commission, "Southern Syria" was suggested as the name of Mandatory Palestine in the Arabic language. The reports say the following:

"Colonel Symes explained that the country was described as 'Palestine' by Europeans and as 'Falestin' by the Arabs. The Hebrew name for the country was the designation 'Land of Israel', and the Government, to meet Jewish wishes, had agreed that the word "Palestine" in Hebrew characters should be followed in all official documents by the initials which stood for that designation. As a set-off to this, certain of the Arab politicians suggested that the country should be called 'Southern Syria' in order to emphasise its close relation with another Arab State".[4]

300px-Ottoman_Syria.png

Territories included in Syrian provinces throughout the Ottoman era

I guess the illiterate village idiot didn't know "Falastin" is the Arabic, NOT TURKISH word for Palestine.

Live and learn Mohomod, live and learn. Well in your case it's lie and learn.

Palestine 100 AD

Palestine,_Ptolemy,_Claude_R_Conder,_1889.jpg

Ha ha ha. You are a pathetic, desperate propagandist. This is not an Ottoman map is it? Which means the land had not been called Palestine for the last 700 years by the Ottomans, the people it belonged to, not the invading, squatting Arabs.

How long had it been since it was called Israel? I posted an Ottoman map which called Palestine already. That wasn't the point. The point is that it has been called Palestine since at least the date of that Byzantine map, 100 AD. Here is another map of Palestine from 1893:

1585_big.jpg

Forum List

Back