Management, have you ever considered an election to elect moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to choose between quantity or quality. You cannot have both.
This site obviously chooses quantity over quality by far, which makes sense, since it gets it's revenue from ads. Quality means fewer members and fewer posts, less ad revenue.
That is not going to happen.
A higher quality site, even though the rules are stricter, is not too hard to moderate. Because it keeps people who are more interested in discussing than throwing rocks at each other, and bans the rock throwers.

Just sayin
9975413_orig.gif

Mods on USMB have it pretty good….

Six figure plus salary, private limos, use of the USMB yacht and helicopter, luxury vacations, kick assed Dental and all the Bud Light you can drink.

I can’t figure why they are cranky all the time

I was cranky because they cut too much tax from my 6 figure salary, and the limo is a 2009 model. Not even close to new.

I can think of two actually. One male and one female. Unless they're a shared sock account.
My my, how things change when two actually realize what a nutcase some can be and don't go along with said nutbar in their bullshit schemes.

Horse shit, they care a lot....That's why all the election fraud and J6 threads go to the cellar.
they go there because of presentation, not topic.
The metric being used is that if it involves Trump in any way, it stays upstairs if it is actually a false conspiracy targeting him (Steele dossier etc) and gets moved to the basement if it is true while exonerating him

All of you are correct. IMO.

See, here is the problem. While we are are content creators, so, in a sense, we are users/quasi contributors, we do not own the site. It is not ours to really manage.

Part of how the web works, is through collaboration. . . i.e., ads. The only way placement of threads could work any different, is if the forum were completely run by a user subscription, if it were independent of any outside influence. . . but we are not.

This is my take on this issue. Since the site depends on the rest of the world wide web ecosystem, it must be responsive to powerful external political forces, by economic/political necessity, if it wants to keep its ad sources happy. All media owners keep this in mind. This place is not as wealthy as Elon, where it can just say, "GFY," if they don't like how threads are arranged.

I have been here a long long time, and have been a free thinker who has probably had more threads moved than anyone. I long ago gave up giving a shit where my threads were placed. I know it has to do with the advertisers, what is considered, "acceptable establishment doctrine," in accordance to corporate governance of the interlocking directorate.

The health of the forum, and the user base, THE BUSINESS, is always more important than silly considerations of where this thread or that thread is placed.

If you want your thread to stay in politics or current affairs, I guarantee you, it will, if you do not use inflammatory baiting language, and you use a recognized media organization which has close ties to the establishment.

I have told all of you, over and over again, what those are. If you don't know what they are, again, here they are, I have circled them on this chart, and I will put them here;

631935b9bfe67.jpeg

If you use Raw Story or Gateway. .. ????

iu

. . . no guarantees in the end. Just making work for everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back