Man wins lottery and continues to get food stamps

And in signing the application for medical aid, you agree to allow the government to take what they spent on you from your estate when you die.

that doesn't apply to foodstamps, but for medical, hell yeah. We have an estate adminnistration division that deals exclusively in lifting $$ from people's estates.

Come to Florida and see the seniors living in their 2nd or 3rd houses all courtesy of Social Security.

And they all paid into social security their whole lives. Social security is them getting their money back that the government took from them. It's not a handout-it's something they've earned by paying into. I don't suppose you're for the government cutting their social security-thus robbing them of the money they forced those seniors to pay the government.

Considering the rate of inflation over the past 40 or 50 years, I doubt today's seniors paid in as much as they are now drawing out.

This is true-but it shouldn't be taken out on those collecting. They were forced into an agreement with the government. They had no choice in it-the government cannot back out on their deal towards those seniors, especially when they forced it upon them.

Is this guy a registered republican or a registered democrat? If you can show some linked evidence either way I'd present it to Gunny and ask for a thread title change.

But dont get up the mods asses when you ask just tell him "Someone changed my title, here is proof that they are wrong, can you please change it back?" or "Someone changed my title, we dont have proof of what party he is in, can you remove party affiliation from my title"

If you start complaining to him that a mod changed it he will just Gunnyslap you.

Does it matter? I'm sure someone like that goes with whatever party offers him the most at the time, and his vote will go to the highest bidder.

Is this guy a registered republican or a registered democrat? If you can show some linked evidence either way I'd present it to Gunny and ask for a thread title change.

But dont get up the mods asses when you ask just tell him "Someone changed my title, here is proof that they are wrong, can you please change it back?" or "Someone changed my title, we dont have proof of what party he is in, can you remove party affiliation from my title"

If you start complaining to him that a mod changed it he will just Gunnyslap you.

Moderator Edit: Read the rules. If you have a problem with moderator action, take it up via Private message with any Mod or admin, NOT on the open boards.

Income: Low-income voters tend to favor the Democratic Party while high-income voters tend to support the Republican Party. President George W. Bush won 41% of the poorest 20% of voters in 2004, 55% of the richest twenty percent, and 53% of those in between. In the 2006 House races, the voters with incomes over $50,000 were 49% Republican, while those under were 38%.

Education: Republicans are significantly more likely than Democrats to have 4-year college degrees. The trends for the years 1955 through 2004 are shown by gender in the graphs below, reproduced from a book published by Joseph Fried

Republicans introduced and strongly supported the welfare reform of 1996, which was signed into law by Democratic President Clinton, and which limited eligibility for welfare, successfully leading to many former welfare recipients finding jobs.

Military. Republicans hold a large majority in the armed services, with 57% of active military personnel and 66% of officers identified as Republican in 2003

Source

So by reading those particular tea leaves, it would mean that Mr. Fick was a Democrat before he won the lottery, and now he's a Republican. Silly.

Come to Florida and see the seniors living in their 2nd or 3rd houses all courtesy of Social Security.

And they all paid into social security their whole lives. Social security is them getting their money back that the government took from them. It's not a handout-it's something they've earned by paying into. I don't suppose you're for the government cutting their social security-thus robbing them of the money they forced those seniors to pay the government.

The lady across the lake never worked a day in her life, her husband died 30 years ago and she still gets a check. Her house is worth over $500K and she has no mortgage. Her maid has worked there for 30 years.

I have a similar neighbor, only she's even luckier. She was married three times to wealthy men who all died and left her a fortune. But she still collects Social Security. TIME FOR A MEANS TEST HERE as Step #1, folks!!

Education. Republicans are significantly more likely than Democrats to have 4-year college degrees. The trends for the years 1955 through 2004 are shown by gender in the graphs below, reproduced from a book published by Joseph Fried. These graphs depict results obtained by Fried from the National Election Studies (NES) database

Fig_57_-_men_4-yr_college_degrees.JPG

Fig_58_women_with_4-yr_college_degs.JPG

Republican are also more successful

Business community. The GOP is usually seen as the traditionally pro-business party and it garners major support from a wide variety of industries from the financial sector to small businesses. Republicans are about 50 percent more likely to be self-employed, and are more likely to work in the area of management

Income. Low-income voters tend to favor the Democratic Party while high-income voters tend to support the Republican Party. President George W. Bush won 41% of the poorest 20% of voters in 2004, 55% of the richest twenty percent, and 53% of those in between. In the 2006 House races, the voters with incomes over $50,000 were 49% Republican, while those under were 38%

Military. Republicans hold a large majority in the armed services, with 57% of active military personnel and 66% of officers identified as Republican in 2003 link

The interesting thing is there are far fewer Republican than Democrats.

290px-U.S._party_affiliation.svg.png

So the percentage of Republicans that as seccessful vs Democrats is also far greater.

"I am not going to sit and debate the ethics of this," Wilson said. "But from his standpoint, he did what he was supposed to do -- he informed the state, and the state said he could keep using the card. The problem is with the state."
Because the blame for this outrage rests with the bureaucracy whose loophole enables it, how is this fellow any different from the billionaire corporatist who manages to evade payment of taxes by exploiting loopholes put in place by the IRS bureaucracy?

Those water-carriers for the super-rich who argue passionately against "redistribution" of wealth via taxation cannot objectively justify condemning Fick

Everybody gets social security; it isn't based upon income.

No shit. But it should be, which is what I meant. A means test of some arbitrary number over a million would mean that such a person could only collect the EXACT amount contributed, no more.

"I am not going to sit and debate the ethics of this," Wilson said. "But from his standpoint, he did what he was supposed to do -- he informed the state, and the state said he could keep using the card. The problem is with the state."
Because the blame for this outrage rests with the bureaucracy whose loophole enables it, how is this fellow any different from the billionaire corporatist who manages to evade payment of taxes by exploiting loopholes put in place by the IRS bureaucracy?

Those water-carriers for the super-rich who argue passionately against "redistribution" of wealth via taxation cannot objectively justify condemning Fick

Fuck taxes...

I could put forth a really good argument that taxes violate the Fourth Amendment.

I'm tired of people actually believing they have the fucking right to anothers wealth.

I love how the same clowns that champion Darwinism are always the first ones to claim they cant survive without government handouts...

Does it matter? I'm sure someone like that goes with whatever party offers him the most at the time, and his vote will go to the highest bidder.

This is their only post I read and I clicked the thread because of the title, i didn't hear any news organizations comment on the man's party affiliation before.

I was just trying to be informative and helpful :(

Fuck taxes...

I could put forth a really good argument that taxes violate the Fourth Amendment.

I'm tired of people actually believing they have the fucking right to anothers wealth.

I love how the same clowns that champion Darwinism are always the first ones to claim they cant survive without government handouts...

And the two are related...how?

Oh goody, a new Groverite. We can always use another one of those.

Number of Dems receiveing Welfare: 10.4%
Number of Repubs receiving Welfare: 5.1%
Number of Dems receiving Food Stamps, General Aid, and SSI: 23% vs. 10%
Number of Dems receiving Medicaid: 8.2% vs 3.3% Repubs

Source: Democrats and Republicans--rhetoric and reality. By Joseph Fried

But the total number of Dems far out ways the total number of Repubs. So this should also be noted:
290px-U.S._party_affiliation.svg.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the bitch slap DemoRats...I don't think any of you losers actually believed Repubs received more welfare did you? Those of you that said it in this thread are just liars.

Forum List

Back