Man wins lottery and continues to get food stamps

Conservative wins lottery and continues to get food stamps

:lol: So which mod changed the title? :lol:

:razz:

You bad, bad girl!!!!!

such-a-bad-girl.gif

The interest would be counted as income.

As I said, the OP is bullshit.

i agree, it is bull crud....

the interest would be counted as income....i was just getting the info on food stamps for my state to post here, to prove such.

Since when do you have the right to change a thread title just because you happen to dislike it? Or is it the old two wrongs make a right?

Since always. :eusa_eh:

Regardless, I heard it was reported on a local radio station in the area that he is a registered republican, thereby making the title change a factual correction.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

It is obvious, but if your read the whole thread you will see it has been reported be the local TV station.
This is typical CON$ervative bullshit swallowed whole by the most gullible. If it was so reported by a TV station you will have no trouble linking to the report. You won't because it is pure bullshit.

Here is the link to the local station that reported the story, NBC25. Now show where it says the CON$ervative is a regestered Democrat.

Two million dollar lottery winner still on food assistance : News : ConnectMidMichigan.com

Ask the person who posted that post for the link.

To do something like this you need to have the entitlement mindset. That mindset is the whole Democrat mindset.

Even on the tiny chance this guy is not a Dem, it is the foolish Dems that created a system where this could even happen. What a stupid fvcking program. "Guess we need to pass it to find out what is in it". Idiots!!!
You were the person who parroted the claim without proof so you own it.
And thank you for showing how CON$ never take responsibility for their actions but try to pass it on to others while pretending to be responsible, after all, you are ENTITLED to pass the responsibility to others. That Is the CON$ervative mindset!

You have no proof whatsoever that this man is a registered member of the Democratic Party so for you to state it as fact in your title is a lie. How do you know he isn't a registered independent or a member of the Green Party. How do you even know he is registered to vote at all?

I believe I have already answered this question.

How many republicans do you believe are on welfare??

One major part of the democrats position is that "republicans hate poor people."

Now you want it both ways??

Get the fuck out of here or make up your mind.

There is no confusion here on my part. You have no proof whatsoever what this man's party affiliation is or if he is even affiliated with one to begin with. Like I said, you don't even know he's a registered voter to begin with.

The interest would be counted as income.

As I said, the OP is bullshit.

i agree, it is bull crud....

the interest would be counted as income....i was just getting the info on food stamps for my state to post here, to prove such.

Since when do you have the right to change a thread title just because you happen to dislike it? Or is it the old two wrongs make a right?

since forever.

thanks for asking

I dont understand how anyone can take the dole when they dont have to. What the heck is wrong with people that they have no self respect whatsoever?

Come to Florida and see the seniors living in their 2nd or 3rd houses all courtesy of Social Security.

And they all paid into social security their whole lives. Social security is them getting their money back that the government took from them. It's not a handout-it's something they've earned by paying into. I don't suppose you're for the government cutting their social security-thus robbing them of the money they forced those seniors to pay the government.

Considering the rate of inflation over the past 40 or 50 years, I doubt today's seniors paid in as much as they are now drawing out.

If you own a Restaurant, you are not allowed to make your own smoking policy in most states because of DEMOCRATS

Here in York County, South Carolina, it was a Republican County Council that passed the smoking ban two years ago.

And restaurant should not be capitalized.

$2M Michigan lottery winner defends use of food stamps

A Michigan man who won $2 million in a state lottery game continues to collect food stamps 11 months after striking it rich.

And there's nothing the state can do about it, at least for now.

Leroy Fick, 59, of Auburn won $2 million in the state lottery TV show "Make Me Rich!" last June. But the state's Department of Human Services determined he was still eligible for food stamps, Fick's attorney, John Wilson of Midland, said Tuesday.

Eligibility for food stamps is based on gross income and follows federal guidelines; lottery winnings are considered liquid assets and don't count as income. As long as Fick's gross income stays below the eligibility requirement for food stamps, he can receive them, even if he has a million dollars in the bank.

Food stamps are paid for through tax dollars and are meant to help support low-income families.

"If you're going to try to make me feel bad, you're not going to do it," Fick told WNEM-TV in Saginaw on Monday.

Wilson said Fick told the DHS officials he'd won $2 million but was told he could keep using the Bridge Card issued to him to buy groceries.

Fick could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Al Kimichik, director of the office of inspector general for DHS, said the department could not comment on individual cases but that it this week began the process of requesting a waiver from the federal government to close the lottery loophole. If it is granted, assets would be counted in determining food stamp eligibility.

Though the food stamp program is federal and states must follow U.S. guidelines, states sometimes request waivers of rules. Michigan was granted a waiver recently to stop college students from qualifying for food stamps.

"For Leroy Fick to continue to use a Bridge Card, paid for by the taxpayers, after winning the lottery, is obscene," said Sen. Rick Jones, R-Grand Ledge. "What a waste of taxpayer money."

Jones contacted DHS officials Monday about Fick's case, and was told the department's hands were tied by federal regulations.

"There is no liquid asset requirement for getting food stamps," Jones said. "The department is asking the federal government for an immediate change (in policy). They're hoping this case will help the federal government act."

Until then, Fick can collect food stamps and keep his lottery winnings in the bank.

"I am not going to sit and debate the ethics of this," Wilson said. "But from his standpoint, he did what he was supposed to do -- he informed the state, and the state said he could keep using the card. The problem is with the state."

Leroy%20Fick.JPG

Leroy Fick aka The rich Democrat welfare rat

thread title Modified....

Whats up with the thread title?

I dont understand how anyone can take the dole when they dont have to. What the heck is wrong with people that they have no self respect whatsoever?

I know. Sickening, isn't it?

Some 3,000 Millionaires Claim Jobless Benefits, IRS Data Show - Bloomberg
According to U.S. Internal Revenue Service data, 2,840 households reporting at least $1 million in income on their tax returns that year also collected a total of $18.6 million in jobless aid. They included 806 taxpayers with incomes over $2 million and 17 with incomes in excess of $10 million. In all, multimillionaires reported receiving $5.2 million in jobless benefits.

I know. Sickening, isn't it?

Some 3,000 Millionaires Claim Jobless Benefits, IRS Data Show - Bloomberg
According to U.S. Internal Revenue Service data, 2,840 households reporting at least $1 million in income on their tax returns that year also collected a total of $18.6 million in jobless aid. They included 806 taxpayers with incomes over $2 million and 17 with incomes in excess of $10 million. In all, multimillionaires reported receiving $5.2 million in jobless benefits.

its very sickening.

$2M Michigan lottery winner defends use of food stamps

A Michigan man who won $2 million in a state lottery game continues to collect food stamps 11 months after striking it rich.

And there's nothing the state can do about it, at least for now.

Leroy Fick, 59, of Auburn won $2 million in the state lottery TV show "Make Me Rich!" last June. But the state's Department of Human Services determined he was still eligible for food stamps, Fick's attorney, John Wilson of Midland, said Tuesday.

Eligibility for food stamps is based on gross income and follows federal guidelines; lottery winnings are considered liquid assets and don't count as income. As long as Fick's gross income stays below the eligibility requirement for food stamps, he can receive them, even if he has a million dollars in the bank.

Food stamps are paid for through tax dollars and are meant to help support low-income families.

"If you're going to try to make me feel bad, you're not going to do it," Fick told WNEM-TV in Saginaw on Monday.

Wilson said Fick told the DHS officials he'd won $2 million but was told he could keep using the Bridge Card issued to him to buy groceries.

Fick could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Al Kimichik, director of the office of inspector general for DHS, said the department could not comment on individual cases but that it this week began the process of requesting a waiver from the federal government to close the lottery loophole. If it is granted, assets would be counted in determining food stamp eligibility.

Though the food stamp program is federal and states must follow U.S. guidelines, states sometimes request waivers of rules. Michigan was granted a waiver recently to stop college students from qualifying for food stamps.

"For Leroy Fick to continue to use a Bridge Card, paid for by the taxpayers, after winning the lottery, is obscene," said Sen. Rick Jones, R-Grand Ledge. "What a waste of taxpayer money."

Jones contacted DHS officials Monday about Fick's case, and was told the department's hands were tied by federal regulations.

"There is no liquid asset requirement for getting food stamps," Jones said. "The department is asking the federal government for an immediate change (in policy). They're hoping this case will help the federal government act."

Until then, Fick can collect food stamps and keep his lottery winnings in the bank.

"I am not going to sit and debate the ethics of this," Wilson said. "But from his standpoint, he did what he was supposed to do -- he informed the state, and the state said he could keep using the card. The problem is with the state."

Leroy%20Fick.JPG

Leroy Fick aka The rich Democrat welfare rat

thread title Modified....

Whats up with the thread title?

Is this guy a registered republican or a registered democrat? If you can show some linked evidence either way I'd present it to Gunny and ask for a thread title change.

But dont get up the mods asses when you ask just tell him "Someone changed my title, here is proof that they are wrong, can you please change it back?" or "Someone changed my title, we dont have proof of what party he is in, can you remove party affiliation from my title"

If you start complaining to him that a mod changed it he will just Gunnyslap you.

Is this guy a registered republican or a registered democrat? If you can show some linked evidence either way I'd present it to Gunny and ask for a thread title change.

But dont get up the mods asses when you ask just tell him "Someone changed my title, here is proof that they are wrong, can you please change it back?" or "Someone changed my title, we dont have proof of what party he is in, can you remove party affiliation from my title"

If you start complaining to him that a mod changed it he will just Gunnyslap you.

Moderator Edit: Read the rules. If you have a problem with moderator action, take it up via Private message with any Mod or admin, NOT on the open boards.

Income: Low-income voters tend to favor the Democratic Party while high-income voters tend to support the Republican Party. President George W. Bush won 41% of the poorest 20% of voters in 2004, 55% of the richest twenty percent, and 53% of those in between. In the 2006 House races, the voters with incomes over $50,000 were 49% Republican, while those under were 38%.

Education: Republicans are significantly more likely than Democrats to have 4-year college degrees. The trends for the years 1955 through 2004 are shown by gender in the graphs below, reproduced from a book published by Joseph Fried

Republicans introduced and strongly supported the welfare reform of 1996, which was signed into law by Democratic President Clinton, and which limited eligibility for welfare, successfully leading to many former welfare recipients finding jobs.

Military. Republicans hold a large majority in the armed services, with 57% of active military personnel and 66% of officers identified as Republican in 2003

Source

Last edited:
You should continue to refer to the moderator staff as "filthy scum." That'll probably get you what you sorely need. :thup:

Come to Florida and see the seniors living in their 2nd or 3rd houses all courtesy of Social Security.

And they all paid into social security their whole lives. Social security is them getting their money back that the government took from them. It's not a handout-it's something they've earned by paying into. I don't suppose you're for the government cutting their social security-thus robbing them of the money they forced those seniors to pay the government.

The lady across the lake never worked a day in her life, her husband died 30 years ago and she still gets a check. Her house is worth over $500K and she has no mortgage. Her maid has worked there for 30 years.

So you're again inheritance? :cuckoo:

edit: plus legally speaking when you're married the money is considered to be both of yours-hence in a divorce each spouse gets roughly 50% of assets.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back