Man shoots person who won't be quiet in movie theater

I hate people who talk during a film. Sometimes I feel like shooting them too if it'd make them shut up.

Obviously I don't condone what that man did, but I can certainly understand it.

This is a concept that dosen't compute with me.

"It's about time" ????

You applaud a man being shot as he stood between his family a deranged fool with a gun ???

He's mad a someone else for talking .. but then shoots him and ends the movie immediately for anyone else watching .. who gets to shoot him?

How utterly ignorant.

Last edited:
The response was a bit extreme but someone has to stand up to those inconsiderate morons. I confronted a talkative idiot in a movie theater when, after getting some not-so-subtle hints, he still wouldn't shut up. I got a round of applause from the other people in the theater and the talker left.

"a bit extreme?"

There are about a 1000 other sane options for sane people to take about someone talking in a movie theathre before reaching for the extreme extreme uber-stupid of shooting someone.

Now this asshole will be spending lots of years listening to people talk while watching a movie .. which he'll probably be watching as someone's bitch.

The beauty of irony.

The Santa Slayings and now the Christmas Cappin' at the Cinema. The birth of Jesus brings out so much violence in people, no wonder the Holy Land's always in a perpetual state of war.

Wouldn't it be lovely, if someone who actually cared for you gave you, as a Christmas present, a chance to take Statistics 101? The fact is that it is the vast majority who are giving Christmas presents and embracing others in the Christmas spirit; millions more. Don't you understand that the violence is news: because it's rare.

Actually, it's mindless statements like your's that bring out violence.

Hmmm ............. I must have learned about a much different Jesus!

Nope, same Jesus, and the same God, who murdered all people on earth, save a few, because he got angry .. and who. by the way, sent armies to slaugther everything in villiages he was mad at, men, children, chickens, goats .. except the "women unknown to man" .. in other words, the virgins .. God let the soldiers keep them beauties to themselves.

DAMN, muslims have to wait until they're dead to get their virgins.

Same Jesus .. you know, the one patterned after Hercules. The story of Jesus and the story of Hercules are essentially the same story .. even with the ressurection. Only the story of Hercules was told hundreds of years before.

Nope, same Jesus, and the same God, who murdered all people on earth, save a few, because he got angry .. and who. by the way, sent armies to slaugther everything in villiages he was mad at, men, children, chickens, goats .. except the "women unknown to man" .. in other words, the virgins .. God let the soldiers keep them beauties to themselves.

Same Jesus .. you know, the one patterned after Hercules. The story of Jesus and the story of Hercules are essentially the same story .. even with the ressurection. Only the story of Hercules was told hundreds of years before.

Well, you try to have a nice day.

Well, you try to have a nice day.

You too my brother .. and may the holidays bring peace and blessings to you and yours.

Spirituality is more important than religion.

I'm betting the shooter will tell you he believes in God and is a christian.

What he cannot claim is that he's spiritual.

Last edited:
You too my brother .. and may the holidays bring peace and blessings to you and yours.

Spirituality is more important than religion.

I'm betting the shooter will tell you he believes in God and is a christian.

What he cannot claim is that he's spiritual.

I think I have expressed my views on organized religion several times, it is not something which I subscribe to, though there is some beauty in the older ones. My faith, my spirituality is between myself and God. So long as I am comfortable with it and it works for me, then it's correct. It is a positive force in my life, not a negative one, because I choose for it to be. Sadly some choose for theirs to be a negative force. I don't expect another persons personal beliefs to be correct for me, as mine most likely will not be correct for them. What matters IMO is that each of us are at peace with whatever our personal beliefs are.

In instances like this, where one has either taken a life or attempted to, I see the blame falling with the individual, not anyplace else. This man had a choice on how to handle the situation, he is responsible for that choice.

Sadly organized religion is so far from it's true purpose of faith and spirituality that is a lost cause in my book. Money, power and social standing is on the menu and in some fashion it has been like that since nearly in conception.

Just my personal thoughts, certainly not meant to be correct for anyone except myself.

This goofy bit of news is now an issue of religion?

Heads up, folks!

A family might have been rude in a movie theater, or they might not have been, but whatever, some nutter lost it and shot one of them.

God was not involved.

Santa Claus was not involved.

Allah was not involved.

I think I have expressed my views on organized religion several times, it is not something which I subscribe to, though there is some beauty in the older ones. My faith, my spirituality is between myself and God. So long as I am comfortable with it and it works for me, then it's correct. It is a positive force in my life, not a negative one, because I choose for it to be. Sadly some choose for theirs to be a negative force. I don't expect another persons personal beliefs to be correct for me, as mine most likely will not be correct for them. What matters IMO is that each of us are at peace with whatever our personal beliefs are.

In instances like this, where one has either taken a life or attempted to, I see the blame falling with the individual, not anyplace else. This man had a choice on how to handle the situation, he is responsible for that choice.

Sadly organized religion is so far from it's true purpose of faith and spirituality that is a lost cause in my book. Money, power and social standing is on the menu and in some fashion it has been like that since nearly in conception.

Just my personal thoughts, certainly not meant to be correct for anyone except myself.

I don't disagree with a single word you've said here. Sounds quite sane, logical, and honest to me.

The problem with religion is the incredible hypocrisy of so-called believers.

Spirituality does not care about labels or doctrine, only for that which is humane. That's the point I was making.

I don't disagree with a single word you've said here. Sounds quite sane, logical, and honest to me.

The problem with religion is the incredible hypocrisy of so-called believers.

Spirituality does not care about labels or doctrine, only for that which is humane. That's the point I was making.

Exactly! That sums it up well.

Once upon a time, theaters had ushers who would help people be seated, and ask those making too much noise to leave. Now, once you pay for your ticket, it's every person for him/herself.

How is the story of Hercules and Jesus the same? Okay, yeah, Zeus fathered Hercules, God fathered Jesus, but at that point, the stories differ. Jesus taught peace and forgiveness, Hercules kicked butt.
Jesus had 12 disciples, Hercules had one best friend who died in a river and Hercules just sat there and cried, I believe that's the last we hear of Hercules isn't it?

Forum List

Back