Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

And this is why I will turn the channel any time I hear about a cop getting killed. I can;t stand any of them
Good. When u need help I hope they dont show up.
I have never had a cop show up to help. They only write tickets for any violation they can find. I have even gotten a ticket for for an unlicensed vehicle that was clearly licensed. They are more of a pain in the ass than help. Any time something of mine was stolen or burnt, they never caught the criminals, they only cite me for violations.

I have, and on a couple of occasions had police act like Dirty Harry over -0-. Good and bad, I believe the good far outweigh the bad.

Yes, he was black, BTW.

Video shows police shot Ohio man 8216 on sight 8217 as he leaned on toy gun in Walmart attorney says

Surveillance video shows an Ohio man talking on a cell phone, leaning on a toy gun, and facing away from officers moments before police shot and killed him in a Walmart store, according to an attorney for the man’s family.

John Crawford III died Aug. 5 after police were called to Walmart in Beavercreek, near Dayton, by another shopper who reported a man carrying what appeared to be an AR-15 rifle.

The 22-year-old Crawford was instead carrying an unpackaged MK-177 (.177 caliber) BB/pellet rifle he picked up in the store’s toy department.
<more>

Shoot first, ask questions later. these cops would make lousy soldiers looking for the enemy to capture for interrogation...

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

MK-177 BB - Google Search
Are the Open Carry freaks outraged?

How about the Libertarians?

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Ohio's open carry isn't it so they must be freaked out, but wait, was he Black? If so it was obviously self defense. Fucking hypocrites

homedepot-e1401468798260.jpg

We'll see, it's on video apparently. The family's attorney said the guy had his back turned when the cops approached, leaning on the toy gun like a cane. He barely had time to get out "It's not real". By the time one of the cops yelled "Get down on the floor" he was already on the floor....dead. I have no idea how it went down but I have a feeling that some of the people assuming the guy was totally in the wrong are the same people that were loudly defending guys like this one below to carry anywhere he felt like it. Course he's not Black.

1408362594759.cached-e1408722040953.jpg

Ohio's open carry isn't it so they must be freaked out, but wait, was he Black? If so it was obviously self defense. Fucking hypocrites

He was not shot because he was black.

2014 WSU Study: People Faster to Shoot White [and Hispanic] Suspects than Black Suspects

2001 study found black suspects were also as likely to shoot at police as be shot at.

The study you cite clearly demonstrates that the "conclusions" of the video simulations are not clear when applied to real life encounters;

"The findings, published in the recent Journal of Experimental Criminology, grow out of dozens of simulations aimed at explaining the disproportionate number of ethnic and racial minorities shot by police. The studies use the most advanced technology available, as participants with laser-equipped guns react to potentially threatening scenarios displayed in full-size, high-definition video...."

"The participants, 85 percent of whom were white, “demonstrated significantly greater threat responses against black suspects than white or Hispanic suspects,” wrote James and her co-authors, University of Missouri-St. Louis criminologist David Klinger and WSU Spokane’s Bryan Vila. This, they said, suggests the participants “held subconscious biases associating blacks and threats,” which is consistent with previous psychological research on racial stereotypes..."
"However, the current study only measured the alpha waves of participants drawn from the general public, not law enforcement or the military. Consequently, wrote the authors, “results from this sample are not generalizable to sworn officers.”

And besides all that my comment was aimed at supporters of open carry who ridicule opposition to people carrying AR-15 type weapons in public places like Wal-Mart and fast food restaurants and yet say this man brought on his own death by handling a toy gun in public.

That "toy" gun looks like an assault rifle. This idiot took it out of the package, and was walking around like he was on patrol of WalMart.

Cops told him to drop the gun (which looks like an AK47), and HE REFUSED.

If you are carrying a gun, or a BB gun that LOOKS LIKE A GUN, and cops come and tell you to put it down..........Jesus Christ, have people really become THIS DUMB?

YEAH! He coulda put someone's eye out.

I wish ShootSpeeders would walk into an Ohio Wal-Mart in a black part of town with an Airsoft gun so that we could possibly ascertain if Karma really exists.

Most states require these toys to have an orange tip. Can the cops not see color? Apparently, that isn't true.

I wish ShootSpeeders would walk into an Ohio Wal-Mart in a black part of town with an Airsoft gun so that we could possibly ascertain if Karma really exists.

Most states require these toys to have an orange tip. Can the cops not see color? Apparently, that isn't true.
A bb gun isn't a toy, and it doesn't have an orange tip.

And this is why I will turn the channel any time I hear about a cop getting killed. I can;t stand any of them
Good. When u need help I hope they dont show up.
I have never had a cop show up to help. They only write tickets for any violation they can find. I have even gotten a ticket for for an unlicensed vehicle that was clearly licensed. They are more of a pain in the ass than help. Any time something of mine was stolen or burnt, they never caught the criminals, they only cite me for violations.

I have, and on a couple of occasions had police act like Dirty Harry over -0-. Good and bad, I believe the good far outweigh the bad.
Unless you loose your life over the bad...

Ran around our neighborhood with realistic toy M-16s, no one ever bothered calling cops.....people are afraid of everything nowdays.
Ever point them at cops who dont know they are toys? As a 22 yr old?

Not saying he shouldn't have put it down. But that is not the point. I would never mistake that for a real gun. How is it that trained professionals couldn't? Oh and it looks nothing like an AK. It is a loose copy of an ACR. If you're going to argue a point at least get the facts straight.
Look fuck-witt! The 'Tree Dweller' went into the toy department and took a 'toy' BB gun out of it's package and then proceeded to walk around the store.
Someone obviously not as versed as you in the appearance of real AK's called the cops. "There's a black dude walking around Walmart with a gun. HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW IF IT"S A REAL FUCKING GUN ASSHOLE!"
The cops show up and the 'Tree Dweller' refuses to obey their commands.
End of fucking story pal.

Yes, he was black, BTW.

Video shows police shot Ohio man 8216 on sight 8217 as he leaned on toy gun in Walmart attorney says

Surveillance video shows an Ohio man talking on a cell phone, leaning on a toy gun, and facing away from officers moments before police shot and killed him in a Walmart store, according to an attorney for the man’s family.

John Crawford III died Aug. 5 after police were called to Walmart in Beavercreek, near Dayton, by another shopper who reported a man carrying what appeared to be an AR-15 rifle.

The 22-year-old Crawford was instead carrying an unpackaged MK-177 (.177 caliber) BB/pellet rifle he picked up in the store’s toy department.
<more>
When was the last time you went to a store and unpackaged a high velocity BB gun.........without paying for it.....then proceeded to walk around waving it at people?
Call it a mercy killing and move on. Rev. Al and his new best buddy Crump have quietly moved on. Why don't you all?

When was the last time you went to a store and unpackaged a high velocity BB gun.........without paying for it.....then proceeded to walk around waving it at people?
Call it a mercy killing and move on. Rev. Al and his new best buddy Crump have quietly moved on. Why don't you all?

He didn't threaten anyone, and the gun had already been taken out of the package before he picked it up.

Ohio Walmart video reveals moments before officer killed John Crawford World news theguardian.com

Police had repeatedly been told via a customer on the line to a 911 dispatcher that John Crawford III was pointing the gun at shoppers and may have loaded it with bullets. But the footage, released by prosecutors on Wednesday, shows Crawford walking past several customers in the minutes before he died without pointing the gun at them. ...

Mark Piepmeier, the special prosecutor for the case, told a press conference that Crawford was the victim of “a perfect storm of circumstances” and “didn’t do anything wrong”...

The 911 caller, Ronald Ritchie, later clarified to the Guardian in an interview that “at no point did he shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody” ...Ritchie told the dispatcher that Crawford pointed the rifle at two children, which the footage disproves.

Last edited:
Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

MK-177 BB - Google Search
Are the Open Carry freaks outraged?

How about the Libertarians?

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

homedepot-e1401468798260.jpg

Statistically speaking, a black dude with a gun is a LOT more likely to shoot a stranger than a white dude with a gun.

Just sayin.

This article doesn't give the race but other articles i've read said he was black.

Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart | MSNBC

08/09/14 05:16 PM—
A young man holding a toy rifle in a Wal-Mart was shot and killed on Tuesday by police in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek, Ohio, according to Raw Story. John Crawford, 22, was carrying a toy gun he picked up in the store, alarming two other shoppers.

CBS reports that two other Wal-Mart customers, April and Ronald Ritchie, saw Crawford walking around the store with what appeared to be a gun and called the police. The police station reports that officers asked Crawford to put down the weapon, and opened fire when he did not comply.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.” Family members could not be reached for comment by msnbc.

I bet the cops were white.
So what your point? and what if they were not,what then?

Forum List

Back