Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

Are the Open Carry freaks outraged?

How about the Libertarians?

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Ohio's open carry isn't it so they must be freaked out, but wait, was he Black? If so it was obviously self defense. Fucking hypocrites

homedepot-e1401468798260.jpg

Statistically speaking, a black dude with a gun is a LOT more likely to shoot a stranger than a white dude with a gun.

Just sayin.

Witnesses said he was leaning on the toy gun like a cane & talking on a cell phone when the officers approached him from behind. They shouted out a warning apparently but before he had a chance to respond one or both of the officers had fired and he was on the floor dying. The reason I call open carry advocates "hypocrites" in this situation is because I absolutely believe they would be "up in arms" shouting about the 2nd amendment if the guy had been white. It says something terrible about a society when skin color determines what rights a person can expect to be granted, whether it's a right to sit at the front of a bus, to walk down the street and not be confronted for no reason, or carry a weapon. This guy didn't deserve to die because of a statistical "fact" out of his control.

I'm white, I'm ex-republican, I'm a gun owner, I'm an open carry advocate, I'm currently libertarian, and I'm outraged at this incident, but I'm also outraged at assholes like you that think all white people are racists. I want to see that cop that killed the bb gun toting young man put in jail.

Don't know where you got the idea that I think "all white people are racists". I think the % of white people who could be called racist would be about the same as Chinese people or Japanese or Indian or whatever. If you've got a specific statement of mine that led you to believe I think "all white people are racists" please point it out and I'll see if and how I mis-worded whatever thought I was trying to get across.

Ok you said..
"It says something terrible about a society when skin color determines what rights a person can expect to be granted, whether it's a right to sit at the front of a bus, to walk down the street and not be confronted for no reason, or carry a weapon."

Which society were you talking about? And what makes you think skin color determines said things. I assume by society you meant just the white guys since you also said the hypocrites of said society would be "shouting about the 2nd amendment if the guy had been white."

Maybe you meant to say you were talking about militant white racist gun nuts? Not society?

Open carry-er points or brandishes his gun = shot too.
This guy was not pointing the gun at anyone. He also did not brandish it in a threatening manor. The idiot who called 911 & the police are totally to blame for wrongfully killing him.

Last edited:
This guy was not pointing the gun at anyone. He also did not brandish it in a threatening manor. The people who called 911 & the police are totally to blame for wrongfully killing him.
Hey watch this, let's get this ____er carrying the bb gun killed, we'll call the cops and tell them some crazy guy is threatening to kill us with an assault rifle.

Nope. He was talking on the phone and minding his own business.

Just saw the video. He wasn't. He was waving the gun around.
Do not defend assholes unless you are one yourself.

He definitely was minding his own business. Do you expect him to march around like a soldier with his weapon fixed and not move it around once in awhile?
At least were are getting somewhere now. You just posted that he had a "weapon". Gold star for you pal.
BTW in any open-carry state IF you are carrying a "weapon" in public you must at all times carry it in a safe manner.
The 'Tree Dweller' was clearly pointing it at people in the surveillance tape. That's how you get killed.

This guy was not pointing the gun at anyone. He also did not brandish it in a threatening manor. The idiot who called 911 & the police are totally to blame for wrongfully killing him.

incorrect

This guy deserves a Darwin award.

First of all, who opens packages in Wal Mart? Second of all, whether the gun looked real or not, who doesn't put it down when the cops show up?

I mean have a little sense about you. There is absolutely no reason for that guy to be carrying that weapon around Wal Mart scaring people. Who cares if they are wimps for being scared, who cares what rights you think you have (By the way I didn't read this entire thread but is anyone here arguing that you have a right to open BB guns at Wal Mart and carry them around their store?) It's about using your head for something other than a coat rack and being a decent person.

Personally I wish someone had been there who realized it wasn't a real gun and would have beat the shit out of the guy for being an idiot.

And yes, those things look real enough to pass if you see some guy slinking through the store with one. Given recent events it would only be prudent to call the police.

incorrect

This guy deserves a Darwin award.

First of all, who opens packages in Wal Mart? Second of all, whether the gun looked real or not, who doesn't put it down when the cops show up?

I mean have a little sense about you. There is absolutely no reason for that guy to be carrying that weapon around Wal Mart scaring people. Who cares if they are wimps for being scared, who cares what rights you think you have (By the way I didn't read this entire thread but is anyone here arguing that you have a right to open BB guns at Wal Mart and carry them around their store?) It's about using your head for something other than a coat rack and being a decent person.

Personally I wish someone had been there who realized it wasn't a real gun and would have beat the shit out of the guy for being an idiot.

And yes, those things look real enough to pass if you see some guy slinking through the store with one. Given recent events it would only be prudent to call the police.
You do nothing but lie. The BB gun was not in a package. Crawford picked it up off the shelf, was NOT slinking through the store & did not aim it at Williams & her kids as 911 caller Ritchie claimed. Williams & her kids showed no concern about Crawford & didn't signal for help or call 911. Williams died from a heart attack caused by police shooting Crawford, so now her kids are in danger as are Crawford's children.

911 caller Ritchie was kicked out of basic training for fraud, lying, post racist crap online, arrested for stealing, convicted for possession of drugs & paraphernalia. He is a drug addict, racist, criminal POS & should go to prison for causing those 2 deaths destroying their families.

Last edited:
We'll see, it's on video apparently. The family's attorney said the guy had his back turned when the cops approached, leaning on the toy gun like a cane.
When you watch the video does it match what you're saying?

From that video it wasn't possible for his back to be turned to the cops since there was a wall behind. Furthermore he wasn't leaning on the gun he was clearly swinging it around.

I took this screen shot at 19 seconds into the video, right before the shooting at 21. Clearly he isn't leaning on that gun like a cane, this is what the cop probably saw a guy holding a gun up:

Lombuek.png

We'll see, it's on video apparently. The family's attorney said the guy had his back turned when the cops approached, leaning on the toy gun like a cane.
When you watch the video does it match what you're saying?

From that video it wasn't possible for his back to be turned to the cops since there was a wall behind. Furthermore he wasn't leaning on the gun he was clearly swinging it around.

I took this screen shot at 19 seconds into the video, right before the shooting at 21. Clearly he isn't leaning on that gun like a cane, this is what the cop probably saw a guy holding a gun up:

Lombuek.png
Do you know which way is up?

Well a gun pointing 1 degree south of level is pointing at the ground too if you're going to go full retard here.

His arm is holding the gun up, that clearly isn't a relaxed position with the gun pointing down.

Yes, up = not pointing at the ground, and certainly not leaning on it like a cane.
Yes or no is that gun in that pic pointing at the ground. If you say no you need to get your eye glass prescription updated.

How is that relevant? I mean we see one picture, we don't know what else he did with that gun.

As for yes and no questions.

The idiot should have put the gun down when ordered to by police. Yes , or no?

Yes, up = not pointing at the ground, and certainly not leaning on it like a cane.
Yes or no is that gun in that pic pointing at the ground. If you say no you need to get your eye glass prescription updated.

How is that relevant? I mean we see one picture, we don't know what else he did with that gun.

He was on the phone.. apparently by the reports he was shot by one cop right when the other cop told to him to put it down.

Watch the video...

The cops came in and as soon as they came in they made one comment and shot the boy...

It's on video dude... those cops did not even give that boy 1second to live. Those cops turned the corner on the aisle where they had a shot and as one started to make a noise BOOM not even 1second goes by between those cops looking around the corner with rifle at shoulder... and BOOM the guy pulls the trigger like he's shooting a deer. The boy's gun was pointed to the ground he did not raise it at all... It was a killing. Killed for holding a bb gun. Not even killed for pointing it at someone killed for holding it.

Last edited:

He was on the phone.. apparently by the reports he was shot by one cop right when the other cop told to him to put it down.

Watch the video...

The cops came in and as soon as they came in they made one comment and shot the boy...

It's on video dude... those cops did not even give that boy 1second to live. Those cops turned the corner on the aisle where they had a shot and as one started to make a noise BOOM not even 1second goes by between those cops looking around the corner with rifle at shoulder... and BOOM the guy pulls the trigger like he's shooting a deer. The boy's gun was pointed to the ground he did not raise it at all... It was a killing. Killed for holding a bb gun. Not even killed for pointing it at someone killed for holding it.

That is a TERRIBLE video, and by the way I found a different one here, not sure if you've seen it

Mass shooting hysteria and the death of John Crawford - The Washington Post

Anyway, I'm not making the argument that these police acted correctly. I'm making the argument that the kid was a moron. Yes, I think those police fired as too early, they didn't even confront the kid, however I've no doubt that they were yelling "police drop the weapon" or some variation as they came towards him. When they came around the corner the BB gun should have been on the ground.

Several witnesses state he was yelling "it's only a bb gun " as the police confronted him, if he had time to do that, he had time to drop the damned thing.

My only real question here is why aren't these cops using non lethals? A bean bag gun would have disarmed that kid.

Same with M Brown for me. I'm sorry the kid's choices led to his death, but ultimately they were his choices.

A good run down on it..

The cop that's already killed two people needs to be put in jail for homicide. The 911 caller that clearly lies to the dispatcher needs to go to jail for life.

Watch the video...

That is a TERRIBLE video, and by the way I found a different one here, not sure if you've seen it

Mass shooting hysteria and the death of John Crawford - The Washington Post

Anyway, I'm not making the argument that these police acted correctly. I'm making the argument that the kid was a moron. Yes, I think those police fired as too early, they didn't even confront the kid, however I've no doubt that they were yelling "police drop the weapon" or some variation as they came towards him. When they came around the corner the BB gun should have been on the ground.

Several witnesses state he was yelling "it's only a bb gun " as the police confronted him, if he had time to do that, he had time to drop the damned thing.

My only real question here is why aren't these cops using non lethals? A bean bag gun would have disarmed that kid.

Same with M Brown for me. I'm sorry the kid's choices led to his death, but ultimately they were his choices.

You know how many times I've carried a rifle around at stores, bars, around town, parks? WTF? You get 1second to drop it or you get shot when it's pointing at the ground? WTF? A frigging bb gun? Evidently this is the second person this cop has killed, questionably. The only reason they came in gangbusters is some racist POS was lying to 911 telling the dispatcher that the guy had a real gun and was pointing it at kids. Which by the video turned out to be a LIE and now the racist POS is recanting what he said.

Forum List

Back