Man! Is this an example of media hypocrisy

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Obamas head to family weekend on Maine coast - Yahoo! News

Read it all:

When Bush was president it was "how DARE Prez Bush go on vacation! Doesn't he know there are boys dying in Iraq. There is a hurricane in NO! There is global warming everywhere!!!!!!"

But Obama is president and it's "Oh poor wittle Obama. What will interruppt his vacation NOW!!!!! Oh boo hoo hoo!"

Good Grief!

If Obama doesn't want the responsibility, he should resign. This is ludicrous.

Oh but I love the last paragraph:

"I don't think that there's a person in this country (who) doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," deputy press secretary said. He added that a little presidential R&R "probably does us all good."

"Clear his mind!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

With Bush it was a body count every day of how many died in Iraq. With Obama it's "he needs to clear his mind."

Hey Obama! How about all the "R&R" people are getting because you are too busy being on vacation all the time to do something about them being out of work?????? You think maybe it's time to do your job so other people can do theirs?

Oh of course not. The president needs to "clear his mind." What mind?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
You should get out of your self imposed bubble once in a while. Google is your friend.

Obama Vacation’s For Third Time……Since Oil Spill Began Right Pundits

Mr. President, Play Golf or Save the Gulf?

MEDIA hypocrity.....rferring to NEWS media.

Yahoo NEWS compared to a right wing site and a GOP site

The OP is very accuate

As I recall, left wing and DNC sites were critical of Bush as in my example. The OP didn't provide any links to actual "news stories" from the MSM that criticized Bush for going on vacation. They might have mentioned that "some" were critical of him going on vacation, but so does the OP link about Obama. So, unless the OP can provide a MSM news story criticizing Bush going on vacation, I'd say it isn't accurate and he doesn't have much of an argument. His perception isn't reality.

Look, I'm not an Obama supporter. I do try to be fair minded and even handed. I recognize that both sides play the same game and I don't do a lot of hand wringing over the other side doing to my side what my side does to the other side. It's politics.

You should get out of your self imposed bubble once in a while. Google is your friend.

Obama Vacation’s For Third Time……Since Oil Spill Began Right Pundits

Mr. President, Play Golf or Save the Gulf?

MEDIA hypocrity.....rferring to NEWS media.

Yahoo NEWS compared to a right wing site and a GOP site

The OP is very accuate

As I recall, left wing and DNC sites were critical of Bush as in my example. The OP didn't provide any links to actual "news stories" from the MSM that criticized Bush for going on vacation. They might have mentioned that "some" were critical of him going on vacation, but so does the OP link about Obama. So, unless the OP can provide a MSM news story criticizing Bush going on vacation, I'd say it isn't accurate and he doesn't have much of an argument. His perception isn't reality.

Look, I'm not an Obama supporter. I do try to be fair minded and even handed. I recognize that both sides play the same game and I don't do a lot of hand wringing over the other side doing to my side what my side does to the other side. It's politics.
#

hey jarhead! ^that's what accurate looks like.

You know......it's been almost 3 months for the spill.

Most of the time, their vacations are 3-4 days, speaking of which, one of the three was their vacation in Chicago, which was interrupted by the Gulf spill.

Now.......taking a long weekend a month isn't all that bad, especially when you consider the following....

The first one he was already on vacation, and the spill cut it short.

The second one was done AFTER he'd completed the Wall St. reform bill.

This one is being taken AFTER BP stopped the oil and is testing it right now. No oil has spilled into the Gulf for the past 24 hours.

What do you want him to do, go down and skim all the oil off himself? He's accomplished something each time before he went.

You teabaggers need to give it a rest.

COLUMN: Record Breaker! Bush Takes Most Vacation Days For Sitting President - CBS News

Mar 11, 2008
COLUMN: Record Breaker! Bush Takes Most Vacation Days For Sitting President
This story was written by Beau Elliot, The Daily Iowan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President Bush recently spent his 879th day at his ranch in Crawford

You are pathetic.
You link it as CBS News..and I believed it as it says CBS News on the site. But the munite I read "since the Supreme Court, in all its great wisdom, elevated him to the presidency" I knew the credibility and accuracy of the information was likely compromised by the sentiments of the author.

DO you ever use a link to a credible reporter?

So we has assholes on the left on bush. I agree with you being the asshole on the right. Obama doesn't deserve a no asshole complaint reign. Thank you

Most recognize that the MSM has approached this historic presidency from a unique angle, but it's their credibility to do with as they choose.

Forum List

Back