Man Dies After Live-Streaming Self-Immolation Outside of Ex’s Bar

Mental health hospitals need a comeback in America.

Why is it that I was taught shock therapy worked?

Now all of a sudden it doesn't?

I read like 90 testimonials, wtf?
Because it cannot be shifted away.

I don't give a damn who you are married to. I work with many people that are mentally ill.

You still haven't explained how showing people films of people burning themselves alive is going to contribute to drawing attention to mental health issues.

You people are sick and deranged yourselves.

You're a real fucking nitwit, aren't ya?

You still haven't explained how showing people films of people burning themselves alive is going to contribute to drawing attention to mental health issues.

It isn't kicked to the side. It isn't hidden. Fucking get it?

You enjoy watching suffering just admit it already.

No Just yours.

There is a political component. But it's not necessarily a PARTISAN one, and I think that the OP didn't make it real clear.

Mental Health issues are routinely relegated to the dustbin in this country. We closed state institutions and dumped people on the street. We claimed we'd use the money saved from that to provide community help but that never happened, the money gets siphoned elsewhere. Some states have good laws providing help for the mentally ill but...oopsie - they don't fucking fund it. Too few people, too few resources and no cute poster kids for mental illness because guess what, it isn't cute. It's ugly. And no one wants to be reminded of it.

Even the struggle to get parity in health insurance is getting a back handed slap under the possible new health care law.

They are making it a political issue, the partisan hacks in this thread like the sicko who posted the OP.

It is political in a sense - because of the laws regarding mentally ill, the fact that so few resources are allocated to mental illness - it's not partisan, it's bi-partisan.

There is a political component. But it's not necessarily a PARTISAN one, and I think that the OP didn't make it real clear.

Mental Health issues are routinely relegated to the dustbin in this country. We closed state institutions and dumped people on the street. We claimed we'd use the money saved from that to provide community help but that never happened, the money gets siphoned elsewhere. Some states have good laws providing help for the mentally ill but...oopsie - they don't fucking fund it. Too few people, too few resources and no cute poster kids for mental illness because guess what, it isn't cute. It's ugly. And no one wants to be reminded of it.

Even the struggle to get parity in health insurance is getting a back handed slap under the possible new health care law.

They are making it a political issue, the partisan hacks in this thread like the sicko who posted the OP.

I am an independent, you nitwit.

Whatever.

Ok. Fuck off.

You can't handle it because I nailed you with my first post and my second post.

You cannot back up your perverted nonsense about wanting people to watch Live Streams of people committing suicide, you are a sick degenerate, now go and watch your Snuff Films freak.

In the 1900s, there was a mental health system in America. At some point, they just turned them all out into the streets and made the counties and states responsible for them.

When did this happen?

Started in the 50s. Reagan put the final nail in the coffin and now there is nothing.

In the 1900s, there was a mental health system in America. At some point, they just turned them all out into the streets and made the counties and states responsible for them.

When did this happen?

I don't think we want to go back to the 1900's as some sort of "golden age" for mental health systems in America :eusa_snooty::eusa_snooty:

I am an independent, you nitwit.

Whatever.

Ok. Fuck off.

You can't handle it because I nailed you with my first post and my second post.

You cannot back up your perverted nonsense about wanting people to watch Live Streams of people committing suicide, you are a sick degenerate, now go and watch your Snuff Films freak.

It appears I am doing fine and you are flailing about........desperately. I'm sure your tears are next.

When did this happen?

Started in the 50s. Reagan put the final nail in the coffin and now there is nothing.

I think that needs to be balanced with the fact that in those days people could be institutionalized for life with few rights or appeals or, in some cases, even a real mental illness. Acting out as a child could earn you a lobotamy.

It is political in a sense - because of the laws regarding mentally ill, the fact that so few resources are allocated to mental illness - it's not partisan, it's bi-partisan.

When did this happen?

I don't think we want to go back to the 1900's as some sort of "golden age" for mental health systems in America :eusa_snooty::eusa_snooty:

So turning them out into the streets is better for society,correct?

Umm, no.

Mental health issues are still a taboo subject & nobody wants to deal with it. Showing live streaming of suicide, isn't going to help...because those that watch do have a sick & morbid curiosity but not the ability or willingness to change it. Those that can do something about it, try to stuff it under medical health & push meds to treat it. Many times, they're not the right meds & the patient has to go thru several to find the right one that does work for them. AND meds are only good IF they are taken. Some problems aren't fixed with medication

Coyote the OP wants EVERYONE to watch films of people burning themselves alive, the OP doesn't give a crap about those with mental health issues.

You know that you and I have been in threads before about the topic of mental health and we've had some good and constructive threads.

This isn't one of them.

When did this happen?

I think that needs to be balanced with the fact that in those days people could be institutionalized for life with few rights or appeals or, in some cases, even a real mental illness. Acting out as a child could earn you a lobotamy.

That was over fifty years ago. It was about shifting them back into local areas rather than have it taken care of by the state.

The mental health system in America needs revamped.

I'm not supporting the "old way of doing things"

Yet a comprehensive system of dealing with brain malfunctions needs dealt with in a humane way.

The mental health system in America needs revamped.

I'm not supporting the "old way of doing things"

Yet a comprehensive system of dealing with brain malfunctions needs dealt with in a humane way.

I don't think anyone supports the old way. But, they need to bring back the psych hospitals.

I have a friend I grew up with that's psychotic.

She's not violent.

Something should be done.

Don't just put them in jail.

When did this happen?

That was over fifty years ago. It was about shifting them back into local areas rather than have it taken care of by the state.

There is merit in shifting a portion back into local areas instead of large scale institutions, but in many cases, the states never funded it, they just shifted the money elsewhere. There are some people that need to be institutionalized. There are many however, who can function well in a semi-independent setting that is not an institution. The trick is balancing rights with needs and safety. And, providing money to support it.

When did this happen?

There is merit in shifting a portion back into local areas instead of large scale institutions, but in many cases, the states never funded it, they just shifted the money elsewhere. There are some people that need to be institutionalized. There are many however, who can function well in a semi-independent setting that is not an institution. The trick is balancing rights with needs and safety. And, providing money to support it.

I can't argue with that, that makes sense.

Jared McLemore's Facebook Live video starts with him sitting cross legged in the parking lot outside Murphy's bar in Memphis, Tennessee. McLemore gets up after shortly leaving the frame and then returns to once again sit cross legged on the ground. He lifts a red jerry can and starts pouring a liquid—kerosene—on himself. The kerosene splashes around him as he shimmies over slightly.

A man, realizing what McLemore was about to do, flies into the frame in an attempt to kick the lighter out of his hand. His efforts are to no avail, the lighter goes off and the video becomes filled with flames and the screams of onlookers. McLemore, screaming, gets up and runs out of the frame. On camera, the flames from the excess kerosene continue to burn.

McLemore, 33, would die later that night from his burns.

While burning, McLemore allegedly ran into Murphy's where his ex Alyssa Moore, an audio engineer, was running the soundboard. According to WREG, McLemore had reportedly strangled Moore last year and twice threatened to kill her. McLemore was sentenced to probation for domestic assault and ordered to do mental health therapy—Moore also obtained a restraining order against him. On social media, McLemore stated he suffered from bipolar disorder.
Man Dies After Live-Streaming Self-Immolation Outside of Ex’s Bar

I hope they keep the live streaming up because it's the only way folks are going to really see the mental health issue.
This is called self destructiveness.

The suicidal one was trying to make the estranged spouse/lover feel guilt.

This is a form of very passive passive-aggressiveness.

Could have been worse.

If they had had kids together the suicidal one could have harmed them.

Darwin's law instead has taken over.

Love as we call it in English (physical and emotional attraction) is a battlefield, just like Pat Benatar said/sang.

I have a friend I grew up with that's psychotic.

She's not violent.

Something should be done.

Don't just put them in jail.

I totally agree. We've gone too far in the other direction and it's extremely hard to help these people, so they end up in jail, the worst place for them to be. I have a brother who is schitzophrenic, and it's been a struggle to get him help when he's had a crisis.

When did this happen?

And that hasn't happened yet and they have been saying this since the 50s. There is no money in it. Meanwhile we have a lot of mentally ill people that need this desperately.

When did this happen?

And that hasn't happened yet and they have been saying this since the 50s. There is no money in it. Meanwhile we have a lot of mentally ill people that need this desperately.

Yes, there is no money in it. It takes a mass killing to kick the public's attention towards mental illness and even then it's hit or miss. There are no cute mental illness poster kids. What do you propose?

Forum List

Back