Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

They sounded very unprofessional and smart assed! All the guy wanted to know was if he was legally obligated to answer the question. And I could be wrong but I thought the government questions money transactions of ten grand or more. $4700 dollars is not that much money.

Yep.

Just another bunch of unprofessional idiots with a badge going on a power trip thinking they're king shit.

They sounded very unprofessional and smart assed! All the guy wanted to know was if he was legally obligated to answer the question. And I could be wrong but I thought the government questions money transactions of ten grand or more. $4700 dollars is not that much money.

Two things:

1. We only heard a small piece of the conversation. Correction: we heard a small edited piece of the conversation. So it's hard to really make any judgment based on this small piece. I do agree that it was unprofessional to use profanity.

2. I think what the police officers were trying to establish was whether or not this met the $10,000 threshold. They asked Bierfeldt how much money he was carrying, and he never gave a direct answer. Instead, he challenged their authority to ask that question, which is well within his rights. But he shouldn't be surprised at their reaction.

In the recording he telsl them it was about $4700.

He questioned whether or not he had to legally answer what it was for and frankly, I don't blame him.

I think they didn't have a clue what they were doing and were acting like a bunch of jackasses.

Even if he has $10,000 there is no penalty for that unless he fails to fill out a form stating that he has $10,000. And even if he doesn't fill out the form, the SCOTUS has ruled that failure to fill out the form does not present a criminal act resulting in significant harm and he would only be subjected to a small fine. And even then, it's only if you're going out of the country.

Folks, this is America and we are actually talking about fucking with people for having money ? Like I said before, I keep that kind of cash regularly. Cash is freedom. What is the difference in this guy moivng $4,700 in private funds from point A to point B, in the US and a Wells Fargo truck moving $5 million in private funds from point A to point B, everyday, all over the country ?

Forum List

Back