Man Banned from Walmart

J'adore Trader Joe's - it's a great store for Shabby Genteel living! Every town should have one.

I don't know how old our Wal Mart is but it was here when we moved here 6 years ago. I heard our store was the best on the east coast. Well wal mart awarded them that trophy. Our wal mart I guess you can say was the best practice for others that are currently starting to change.

Actually come to think of it, our store kind of looks like a target.

I never buy any clothes there or will I. I buy pet stuff, paper products and stuff like that. We usually, well my husband does our food shopping at the Military Base but they are closed on Monday so he'll shop there for our food if we need something. The meat at wal mart is very bad though. Don't buy any meat there!

It was nice when my friend could get onto the base, we used to go shopping out there all the time. Then her mom had to divorce her step dad. :(

I never buy any clothes there or will I. I buy pet stuff, paper products and stuff like that. We usually, well my husband does our food shopping at the Military Base but they are closed on Monday so he'll shop there for our food if we need something. The meat at wal mart is very bad though. Don't buy any meat there!

It was nice when my friend could get onto the base, we used to go shopping out there all the time. Then her mom had to divorce her step dad. :(
They do have the best meats if you ask me. Veggies not so much but not bad either.

You can really save at a commissary store. Sorry about your friend and not able to take you there any more.

I don't know how old our Wal Mart is but it was here when we moved here 6 years ago. I heard our store was the best on the east coast. Well wal mart awarded them that trophy. Our wal mart I guess you can say was the best practice for others that are currently starting to change.

Actually come to think of it, our store kind of looks like a target.
Walmart is somewhat of a new thing in the Northwest.

He was trying to prove some silly point that he would not have his "rights violated" by a private entity searching him...yet he has the gall to complain that a private entity is exercising it's right to ban him.

This guy is a loser and is a perfect example of how trying to make a point of protecting silly "rights" can backfire.

You have the gall to complain about him using his 1st amendment right to free speech. What a sad individual you are.

They do have the best meats if you ask me. Veggies not so much but not bad either.

You can really save at a commissary store. Sorry about your friend and not able to take you there any more.

It is cool!:lol:
I just thought it was nice when we got to go out there once in awhile, the one on the base here had the grocery store, along with a small Walmart type store with clothes to electronics, and some other stores. It is kind of like a mini mall.

you can take your friend on base as your guest....my mother takes me and my son on post all the time...the px isnt that much cheaper but the commissary rocks

He was trying to prove some silly point that he would not have his "rights violated" by a private entity searching him...yet he has the gall to complain that a private entity is exercising it's right to ban him.

This guy is a loser and is a perfect example of how trying to make a point of protecting silly "rights" can backfire.

You have the gall to complain about him using his 1st amendment right to free speech. What a sad individual you are.

And you have the gall to complain about me exercising my 46th Amendment right to be a sad individual?

That makes you a player-hater...and there ain't no Amendment for that!

Big Deal. They do the same at CostCos everwhere. I've also had my receipt checked routinely at CompUSA. A merchant has every right to check receipts when customers are leaving. If you don't like it, shop elsewhere.

It's private property. They have the right to put controls in place to make sure that their inventory is not depleted by theft. Often, these controls are put in place to keep employees from stealing. Most inventory shrinkage is due to inside jobs.

That doesn't give them unlimited rights to do as they please to you.

They aren't strip searching you - they are checking a receipt to see if it matches the goods in your bag or basket

BY WHAT LAW?

Property rights, for one.

They are also required BY LAW to keep proper accounting records. Controls concerning inventory are SOP for such records.

The do have that right to inspect or check as you leave the store.
BJ's here in New Jersey, I joined them because I thought I'd get ..........well, never mind, anyway they check the receipt against the contents of your cart, and that's everyone, I never saw anyone complain and never thought anything of it. That guy is an idiot.

you can take your friend on base as your guest....my mother takes me and my son on post all the time...the px isnt that much cheaper but the commissary rocks

I've got all the necessary ID I need to go on base and shop, but the nearest base to me that has a PX and Commissary is over a hundred miles away. Just not worth the trip with the price of gas nowadays... not in my big old, gas guzzling truck.

I must say that the wal mart near my house is absolutely the cleanest well stocked and best wal mart I have ever been in. Most look run down, and the shelves are messy and the place is gross. This store near me is like a nice department store.

We have a Wal-Mart less than a mile down the road that is much the same, Terry. Clean, pleasant, customer-friendly, and stocked with just about everything and the closest place to us where we can find just about anything we need.

I was just mentally going over a list of items we purchased on a one-stop-fits-all trip there:

1. Box of crackers and case of soft drinks
2. Bag of cotton candy
3. Dishwasher detergent
4. Refill of Prilosec
5. New screws for the ones that popped out of eye glasses
6. Box of shotgun shells
7. New comforter, shams, and pillows for the guest room
8. New drip pans for the electric range
9. Bag of potting soil, Miracle gro, seed, and pots to transplant some stuff
10. New cotton undies

I can't think of anywhere else in town where all that would have been available in one place.

That doesn't give them unlimited rights to do as they please to you.

They aren't strip searching you - they are checking a receipt to see if it matches the goods in your bag or basket.

I never said they were strip searching you.

BY WHAT LAW?

Property rights, for one.

What property rights? I've already bought my merchandise, so I own that, and the receipt is also my property, so what property rights allows them to demand to see my property?

They are also required BY LAW to keep proper accounting records.

So what does that have to do with my rights? That's their problem.

Controls concerning inventory are SOP for such records.

OK. What LAW allows them to require to view my property before exiting their building?

The do have that right to inspect or check as you leave the store.

According to what law or jurisprudence? Shopkeeper's privilege only allows them to detain you until law enforcement arrives and then only if they suspect you of shoplifting or attempted shoplifting - it does not allow them to search your person, only the police can do that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back