Man argued with Megabus driver after accidental shooting

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
(DES PLAINES) A man who accidentally discharged his weapon while using the bathroom inside a Megabus traveling on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway in Des Plaines Tuesday night was ultimately subdued by a passenger and held until police arrived.

About 11 p.m., the man – who was only said to be an adult – got into an argument with the driver after he discharged his weapon and asked to get off the bus, Illinois State Police said. The driver declined and the man went back to get his belongings from the back of the bus.

After securing his belongings he walked back toward the driver and stumbled, causing his pistol to fall out of his waistband, police said. A passenger saw the gun come out and quickly subdued the man and held him until troopers arrived at a parking lot off I-90, just east of Elmhurst road, police said.

UPDATE Man argued with Megabus driver after accidental shooting 89 WLS WLS-AM

Maybe everyone shouldn't have a gun.

(DES PLAINES) A man who accidentally discharged his weapon while using the bathroom inside a Megabus traveling on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway in Des Plaines Tuesday night was ultimately subdued by a passenger and held until police arrived.

About 11 p.m., the man – who was only said to be an adult – got into an argument with the driver after he discharged his weapon and asked to get off the bus, Illinois State Police said. The driver declined and the man went back to get his belongings from the back of the bus.

After securing his belongings he walked back toward the driver and stumbled, causing his pistol to fall out of his waistband, police said. A passenger saw the gun come out and quickly subdued the man and held him until troopers arrived at a parking lot off I-90, just east of Elmhurst road, police said.

And yet he didn't use the gun in any way during the argument... Kind of deflates your point here.

And yet he didn't use the gun in any way during the argument... Kind of deflates your point here.

Yes I'm sure everyone in the bus was glad this moron was armed.

Nope. He used it taking a shit.

Now THAT sir is kinky.

Sounds more like an Accidental Gun Discharge.

Heads up to any heroes out there who wanna' "subdue a suspect until the Cops show up". Unless an actual crime has been committed you can't "subdue" anyone! That's called False Imprisonment.

Accidental Gun Discharge is not a crime.

Heads up to any heroes out there who wanna' "subdue a suspect until the Cops show up". Unless an actual crime has been committed you can't "subdue" anyone! That's called False Imprisonment.

Doesn't sound like that's what he got subdued for. He got subdued because he's packin' --- which puts everybody else on the bus at risk. And refused to leave.

Why in the fuck would you be packing heat on a MegaBus anyway?

Anyway, better false imprisonment than taking a bullet.

I'm sure it damaged the bus. That is a crime.

"I was scared, he was being real irate, it was a really scary situation," said Smith, 28. “If he let one gunshot off, there was nothing stopping him from taking another shot."

Smith fought with the man on the floor and was able to pull the gun away as he and other passengers held the man down. The bus pulled over at the Des Plaines Oasis and state troopers took the man into custody.

No injuries were reported. The man was being held at the Des Plaines police station and was being uncooperative, state police said. Charges were pending.
Smith said the gunshot went off about 10 minutes into the bus ride. "It sounded like a gunshot would, but it also sounded like something was thrown at the bus,” Smith said by phone. Moments later, Smith said he saw a man come down from the second level of the bus and start harassing the bus driver and trying to get into his seat.

"I stood up … I grabbed him and told him to leave the bus driver alone,” Smith said. "He told me to mind my business, so I pushed him." The two fell to the floor, and Smith said he saw a clip fall out of the gun as they struggled. Smith said he managed to wrest the gun away. --- Chicago Tribune
Another case of Good Guy Without a Gun eliminates Bad Guy With One.

Yeah I'd fight with anyone who tried to take my CCW too!

The guybwasnt trying to hijack the bus, he was just irate about the Accidental Dischage which happened because it fell out of his waistband.

To me, the gun should have been placed in a spot where it would not be messed with in any way during the remainder of the trip. The guy could've taken it with him then on his way out.

God bless you and him and everyone else on the bus always!!!

Holly

P.S. Aren't guns supposed to have a safety feature on them?

To me, the gun should have been placed in a spot where it would not be messed with in any way during the remainder of the trip. The guy could've taken it with him then on his way out.

Holly

Well exactly. Why in the world would somebody take a gun to the toilet? Killer turds!?
It says something about the paranoiac mind of the gun nutter.

Holly

Many have no safety. Many of the popular concealed carry guns have one in the chamber and a slight pull of the trigger and it fires. No safety. This is one reason so many are shooting themselves.

^^^ Thank you for telling me about them. All the more reason for people to be careful with them especially if they are going to take one with them when leaving their home.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Thank you for telling me about them. All the more reason for people to be careful with them especially if they are going to take one with them when leaving their home.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You got that right.

Forum List

Back