Malware on this site?

Is anyone picking up malware on this site? Almost every time I come here now I catch the same one - it floods my 'puter with a program that throws up all kids of ads constantly. Not sure how it's getting around my anti-virus program.

Nasty stuff. System restore fixes it, but this is getting old.

Is that like "audio" commercials while you are posting? I've been getting those on a regular basis....I just turned down my volume......except when I want to listen to a video, but sometimes when you are listening to a song in the music threads....they chime in at the same time and just destroy the moment....I've never experienced that before in other Forums.

I'm getting the same damned thing, and I am getting sick of it. I am even thinking about leaving for good.

Is anyone picking up malware on this site? Almost every time I come here now I catch the same one - it floods my 'puter with a program that throws up all kids of ads constantly. Not sure how it's getting around my anti-virus program.

Is that like "audio" commercials while you are posting? I've been getting those on a regular basis....I just turned down my volume......except when I want to listen to a video, but sometimes when you are listening to a song in the music threads....they chime in at the same time and just destroy the moment....I've never experienced that before in other Forums.

I'm getting the same damned thing, and I am getting sick of it. I am even thinking about leaving for good.

The "audio" commercials are not malware. They're awful! But it makes the owners a buck and we'll probably keep posting our butthurt comments about politics so why should the admins care? :dunno:

P.S. fuck you admins how could you let that happen :mad:

The "audio" commercials are not malware. They're awful! But it makes the owners a buck and we'll probably keep posting our butthurt comments about politics so why should the admins care? :dunno:

P.S. fuck you admins how could you let that happen :mad:

I leave my computer on 24/7. There is nothing like having the computer start barking commercials at me at 3 AM. I left a chess site for the same reason. It is as invasive as getting solicitation telephone calls during dinner. I have only noticed this for about three weeks. If it keeps up long enough, I'm out of here.

Have yet to see a single ad here. But I use Firefox too so maybe that's a clue :)

The "audio" commercials are not malware.

I leave my computer on 24/7. There is nothing like having the computer start barking commercials at me at 3 AM. I left a chess site for the same reason. It is as invasive as getting solicitation telephone calls during dinner. I have only noticed this for about three weeks. If it keeps up long enough, I'm out of here.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

find the "adblock-plus" for your browser, it will prevent the audio commecials ....

The "audio" commercials are not malware.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

find the "adblock-plus" for your browser, it will prevent the audio commecials ....

Thanks. I found a version for Windows Explorer 11. I was even starting to get McAfee malware warning on this message board!

Have yet to see a single ad here. But I use Firefox too so maybe that's a clue :)

Me too and me too.

But, I also leave my speakers off until I want to hear something.

Forum List

Back