"Make the Rich Panic"

Yep, because in right wing world, cities are in a bubble not related to how state/federal Gov't policies are in effect *shaking head*
Government policies have favored shareholders over displaced workers in cities like Baltimore for five decades, and there's no reason those who own the system see any reason to change.
"Yet at a moment when the debate over the president’s push for the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal is one of Washington’s central battles, Baltimore is Exhibit A for why there is such frustration over how the costs of globalization and technological change have been borne almost entirely by the least advantaged people in our society.

"Baltimore and its inner suburbs were once home to the vast manufacturing facilities operated by Bethlehem Steel, General Motors and Martin Marietta, notes Thomas J. Vicino, author of Transforming Race and Class in Suburbia: Decline in Metropolitan Baltimore. In 1970, about a third of the labor force in Baltimore and its first-tier suburbs was employed in manufacturing.

"By 2000, only 7 percent of city residents had manufacturing jobs, and the losses have continued since. An awareness of this, Vicino says, should shape our understanding of what’s happening in the city now."
E.J. Dionne Jr. Baltimore and the hollow ring of globalization - Editorial - Ohio

Care to explain why they did it?
As a means of income redistribution:
"This management principle, also known under value based management, states that management should first and foremost consider the interests of shareholders in its business actions. (Although the legal premise of a publicly traded company is that the executives are obligated to maximize the company's profit,[18] this does not imply that executives are legally obligated to maximize shareholder value."
Shareholder value - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

How do you know that?

02baltimore_officers2-articleLarge-v3.jpg

Now explain HOW you KNOW the rich are not panicking?
"This is called revolution. It is about ripping power away from a cabal of corporate oligarchs and returning it to the citizenry. This will happen not by appealing to corporate power but by terrifying it. And power, as we saw in Baltimore, will be terrified only when we take to the streets. There is no other way.

“'The rich are only defeated when running for their lives,' the historian C.L.R. James noted."

Chris Hedges Make the Rich Panic - Chris Hedges -Truthdig
Lmso, talk about mental masturbation, the rich has just been laying low, not investing because we have a anti business, anti investment president. Scared? Yea right, talk to me when they build 20 foot walls around there houses like they do in South Africa

Yeah, the "rich" have been stuffing the money under their mattress and the stock market more than doubled in 6 years, as the Corps are making record profits under this "anti investment" Prez. AND the US is one of the few nations not to follow conservative "austerity" and is doing much better than most of the rest of the world???

South Africa? The conservatives and their policy are trying to make US look like a 3rd world nation like Mexico or China.

But it's the policies you like that are driving business out of the country. How do you rationalize that one?

Greed. Let me be a bit more specific, GREED!

Corporation have no allegiance to the United States of America, or to the citizens of the United States of America, or to those they employ or once employed before moving overseas.

Halliburton Moves Its Headquarters Abroad - ABC News

US Defense Companies Go On Overseas Offensive

Defense Contractors Are Going To Go For The Civilian Market

When, oh when have I ever said that I liked corporations? Hmmmm? I despise multinational corporations which are the very ones that the ruling elite support. I am in favor of the small local corporations. You know the ones your policies drive out of business.

My policies drive business out of business? Gee, how powerful I must be.

How do you define multinational corporations? Have you ever been to Grand Cayman? I have, and walking past an old and apparently abandoned four unit apt house I noted the names of a dozen fortune 500 Companies listed as tenants.

Why, because The Congress has decided to repay these corporations for their generosity in aiding their election or reelection. Oh, and I'd be remiss in not acknowledging the complicity of Scalia, Thomas, Alito, Kennedy and Roberts, voting to make such generosity nothing more than the corporate worlds exercise of their First Amendment Right.

What the fuck is this Bull shit now the OP wants to point the finger at Congress?

Hey dumb ass

Again the problem was the American consumer and

There FUCKING GREED

They didn't want to Buy $50 dollar blue jeans, they wanted $10 dollar ones from Walmart

So they gave the consumer what they wanted

Dumb fucks

It's that simple

No !

We want more expensive products as long as manufacturing returns !

Lean forward to the past !!!!!! Lol

Yep, because in right wing world, cities are in a bubble not related to how state/federal Gov't policies are in effect *shaking head*
Government policies have favored shareholders over displaced workers in cities like Baltimore for five decades, and there's no reason those who own the system see any reason to change.
"Yet at a moment when the debate over the president’s push for the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal is one of Washington’s central battles, Baltimore is Exhibit A for why there is such frustration over how the costs of globalization and technological change have been borne almost entirely by the least advantaged people in our society.

"Baltimore and its inner suburbs were once home to the vast manufacturing facilities operated by Bethlehem Steel, General Motors and Martin Marietta, notes Thomas J. Vicino, author of Transforming Race and Class in Suburbia: Decline in Metropolitan Baltimore. In 1970, about a third of the labor force in Baltimore and its first-tier suburbs was employed in manufacturing.

"By 2000, only 7 percent of city residents had manufacturing jobs, and the losses have continued since. An awareness of this, Vicino says, should shape our understanding of what’s happening in the city now."
E.J. Dionne Jr. Baltimore and the hollow ring of globalization - Editorial - Ohio

No !

We want more expensive products as long as manufacturing returns !

Lean forward to the past !!!!!! Lol

Statist civil servants need to instate artificial price controls on compensation, goods and services !

"Protect" the proletariat !!!

Bullshit! Democrats running the city since the 60's did that!
Jim Crow banks did it.
JSTOR An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Lying fuck. Democrats did it. Baltimore and Detroit were all Democrat Model Cities starting in the late 60's. You fuckers destroyed every model city you touched

shanghai-detroit.jpg
Shows what happens when capitalists abandon US cities for Chinese cities

Show what happens when the workforce has to be drawn from the ghetto.

"This management principle, also known under value based management, states that management should first and foremost consider the interests of shareholders in its business actions. (Although the legal premise of a publicly traded company is that the executives are obligated to maximize the company's profit,[18] this does not imply that executives are legally obligated to maximize shareholder value."

Business wouldn't leave if they could make profit. The fact that they left is the proof they couldn't make profit that would satisfy shareholders. My question to you is still, why?

Business wouldn't leave if they could make profit. The fact that they left is the proof they couldn't make profit that would satisfy shareholders. My question to you is still, why?

Are you insane??? Businesses are making so much fucking profit it isn't funny. Wtf do you think the stock market is riding on??? They're giving it all to the top management and using southern Asia for production. How fair is this.

Bullshit! Democrats running the city since the 60's did that!
Jim Crow banks did it.
JSTOR An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Lying fuck. Democrats did it. Baltimore and Detroit were all Democrat Model Cities starting in the late 60's. You fuckers destroyed every model city you touched

shanghai-detroit.jpg
Shows what happens when capitalists abandon US cities for Chinese cities

Show what happens when the workforce has to be drawn from the ghetto.

Most of our industry has been given to china by our corporations. Yet, you support them blindly? lol,lol, lol!!!!! The problem with Detroit is the people that practice a shitty culture that can't pay enough tax income to maintain the city.

Are you insane??? Businesses are making so much fucking private it isn't funny. Wtf do you think the stock market is riding on??? They're giving it all to the top management and using southern Asia for production. How fair is this.

How about you first answer my questions from other thread before you reply to me again?

Here is the link, so you don't get lost, again. Do the rich pay their fair share?

Forum List

Back