Make No Mistake Marianne Williamson Is Moving Forward

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
Women are the largest voting bloc in the USA. Women need a women front and center 24/7. A candidate that will keep women and the nation as a whole in first place.

Marianne Williamson: “Anything Is Possible”Days after Marianne Williamson announced her 2024 presidential bid, The Nation’s John Nichols spoke with the candidate about why she’s making this run.

By John Nichols MARCH 9, 2023Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson visits Fox & Friends at Fox News Channel Studios on September 10, 2019, in New York City. (Photo by Noam Galai / Getty Images)

Marianne Williamson announced her presidential run on March 4 in Washington, making her the first prominent Democratic challenger to President Biden’s expected reelection bid.

The best-selling author, spiritual counselor, and unsuccessful 2020 presidential contender faces a daunting task at a point when prominent Democrats—including many of the president’s 2020 rivals—say they want him to run and win in 2024. As she was preparing for campaign swings in South Carolina and New Hampshire, I spoke with Williamson about why she’s making this run. —John Nichols

JOHN NICHOLS: You ran in a crowded field four years ago. Now, you have positioned yourself as perhaps the most prominent primary challenger to a sitting president.

Why did you decide to run again?

MARIANNE WILLIAMSON:
My choice really doesn’t have to do with who’s in the field, or how crowded it is, or anything like that. I’m running because I think there are things that need to be said in this country, because I think that only an agenda of fundamental economic reform will beat the Republicans in 2024, and because I feel I can contribute.

There is no way of knowing what’s going to be happening in the next few months, and I can’t let that kind of speculation guide my thinking.

JN: So, to your thinking, this campaign is not about Joe Biden but about the vision you hope to present?MW:Absolutely. This is about ending a 50-year aberrational chapter of American history and beginning a new one. Neoliberalism has devastated not only our economy—creating the greatest income inequality in 100 years—it has infected every aspect of our culture with injustice and despair.

It’s time for us to recognize that, cut the cord, and begin again. It’s going to take someone who is not of that machine to smash it.

JN: What made you decide to run in the Democratic primaries if your frustration is with the whole of the political machine?

MW: They are doing everything they can to invisabilize me.

They would have an even easier time doing that if I were running as a third-party candidate.

This way, for instance, I can call on the president to debate me and, if he refuses to do so, that exposes the undemocratic aspect in the corporatist elite within the Democratic Party.

Marianne Williamson: "Anything Is Possible"

Days after Marianne Williamson announced her 2024 presidential bid, The Nation’s John Nichols spoke with the candidate about why she’s making this run.

Women are the largest voting bloc in the USA. Women need a women front and center 24/7. A candidate that will keep women and the nation as a whole in first place.

Marianne Williamson: “Anything Is Possible”Days after Marianne Williamson announced her 2024 presidential bid, The Nation’s John Nichols spoke with the candidate about why she’s making this run.

By John Nichols MARCH 9, 2023Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson visits Fox & Friends at Fox News Channel Studios on September 10, 2019, in New York City. (Photo by Noam Galai / Getty Images)

Marianne Williamson announced her presidential run on March 4 in Washington, making her the first prominent Democratic challenger to President Biden’s expected reelection bid.

The best-selling author, spiritual counselor, and unsuccessful 2020 presidential contender faces a daunting task at a point when prominent Democrats—including many of the president’s 2020 rivals—say they want him to run and win in 2024. As she was preparing for campaign swings in South Carolina and New Hampshire, I spoke with Williamson about why she’s making this run. —John Nichols

JOHN NICHOLS: You ran in a crowded field four years ago. Now, you have positioned yourself as perhaps the most prominent primary challenger to a sitting president.

MARIANNE WILLIAMSON:
My choice really doesn’t have to do with who’s in the field, or how crowded it is, or anything like that. I’m running because I think there are things that need to be said in this country, because I think that only an agenda of fundamental economic reform will beat the Republicans in 2024, and because I feel I can contribute.

There is no way of knowing what’s going to be happening in the next few months, and I can’t let that kind of speculation guide my thinking.

JN: So, to your thinking, this campaign is not about Joe Biden but about the vision you hope to present?MW:Absolutely. This is about ending a 50-year aberrational chapter of American history and beginning a new one. Neoliberalism has devastated not only our economy—creating the greatest income inequality in 100 years—it has infected every aspect of our culture with injustice and despair.

It’s time for us to recognize that, cut the cord, and begin again. It’s going to take someone who is not of that machine to smash it.

JN: What made you decide to run in the Democratic primaries if your frustration is with the whole of the political machine?

They would have an even easier time doing that if I were running as a third-party candidate.

This way, for instance, I can call on the president to debate me and, if he refuses to do so, that exposes the undemocratic aspect in the corporatist elite within the Democratic Party.

Days after Marianne Williamson announced her 2024 presidential bid, The Nation’s John Nichols spoke with the candidate about why she’s making this run.
How does she feel about men who wear dresses competing against women in sports??

She's excellent .............

Neither Joe nor Rump should be re-elected

MARIANNE WILLIAMSON:

She is a well versed candidate and not an insider ........

Being a "spiritual counselor" seems at odds with being a democrat unless it's the type of spirits that Jim Jones evoked.

The Fake Republican Anti American Fascist thinkers will never
like anyone regardless of their credentials. Thus insults are the tool of the day after day after day after day .............

Every president hires staff to assist in making decisions as no
president has ever done well on their own......................

Over throwing the government as in Jan 6th comes to mind = insurrection = failure. These insiders need to be removed from office.

Last edited:
As I have stated re-electing the same names over and over does not seem to keep the nation moving. Status quo is not a good position. DINO's, RINO's and Fascists are not good enough.

Insiders bring some knowledge but often they bring status quo politics. I want people who will ultimately see the logic
is referring issues to we the voters for the final say.

Deregulation is not smart nor does it serve the many.

Women are the largest voting bloc in the USA. Women need a woman front and center 24/7. A candidate that will keep women and the nation as a whole in first place.

Men are not meeting that demand .............

Forum List

Back