Majority Believe Dems Abused Power

It's an interesting poll, and certainly shoring up independents support for 2010 elections is important, but Obama has, if nothing else, shown a propensity for mobilizing large swaths of people to vote (be it positive or negative) quickly. I think polls around august - september will be more telling of the situation once the lack of propaganda from both sides die down.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on where you stand) for the White House, the public regularly forgets legislation like this within months if they aren't reminded, so they have the option of downplaying it till election or really trying to ramp its merits up. Either way, I don't really like it, I think they should let the bill speak for itself after shoring up its unsound portions. As long as economic recovery continues and if they can begin to stem job losses, there won't be too much of a switch during the 2010 mid terms. It remains to be seen whether this is good or bad.
The Republican Party must do everthing possible to keep the issue alive, and that cannot be done by talking about polls. (not talking about you here Boedicca) The people speaking for the party, the most voluble leaders Mitch McConnell, Mike Pence, Boehner, Cantor, Lamar Alexander, the Doctors (there are more Rep Docs than Dem docs (have credibility); the Republican governors, because they have statewide recognition in their states.

Last edited:
Democrats have misjudged and underestimated the American people. They got elected because Republicans started acting like Democrats, increasing government, pushing new programs, being fiscally irresponsible, instead of being Republicans. Look at Nancy Pelosi's hyperbole before the 06 election. She might be Ronald Reagan.
But the Dums have acted to type and people don't forget that too fast.

Democrats have misjudged and underestimated the American people. They got elected because Republicans started acting like Democrats, increasing government, pushing new programs, being fiscally irresponsible, instead of being Republicans. Look at Nancy Pelosi's hyperbole before the 06 election. She might be Ronald Reagan.

But, they'll forget everything you just said about Repubs, right?

"People" forget.... as soon as its Football Season, and their bellies are full of pork rinds and Budweiser.

the only sad part is both s dies are just as bad as abusing there powers...

bush anyone how many things did he get away with illegaly? how many times did he go around congress to get his taxes pass etc...

hum i wonder...

the only sad part is both s dies are just as bad as abusing there powers...

bush anyone how many things did he get away with illegaly? how many times did he go around congress to get his taxes pass etc...

hum i wonder...
If President Bush had done ONE thing that was illegal, the Dems would've been able to call for the appointment of an independent prosecutor to investigate those incidents, and they didn't. They never even asked for such an appointment as far as I can recall. That was because the "illegalities" which you charge are rhetorical flourishes of the demagogic left, not based on fact. Those violations based on taxes, please name.

Last edited:
A majority thought the Iraq war was a bright idea, too.

There was no abuse of power, unless of course we've now decided that winning elections is an abuse of power.

There was no abuse of power, unless of course we've now decided that winning elections is an abuse of power.
We do not illegalize policy differences in this country. The president promotes his own policy, and that is to be expected of presidents; it's what they are elected for. If the public is opposed to those policy differences it would be recorded in congressional votes and in fact, when the rubber met the road congress did support President Bush. All the noise was political rhetoric.

If the constitution is abrogated (violated) by recent laws and presidential orders we can hope that persons 'of standing' will take the issues to the Supreme Court. Thirteen state AGs are presently pursuing that course. If there is a flaw in the laws they will be, in part, nullified by SC decisions.

For a public outcry to arise because of perceived abuses of power, as we now see, then that is to be expected and political remedies are in order.
(vote the abusers out of office)

Last edited:
And what, in your wittle bwain do you think he ran on??? My recollection is that:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Fortunately we do not rely on your memory or spin. Bipartisanship and transparency were right up there. Total fail on both counts.

Hmmm.....looks like you did rely on my memory.....hahahaha.....you went to the thread, didn't you? God, you people are just too easy.

As for bipartisianship, he spent the better part of a year in pursuit of that. But it's hard to dance when you don't have a partner. Transparancy, I'd give him a 'C'. But heck, even is his campaign promise was to simply keep breathing, you wingnuts would claim he failed at that.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The president's biggest mistake was thinking that the Republicans had any interest in bi-partisanship. AND for giving a shit about bi-partisanship in the first place.

Fortunately we do not rely on your memory or spin. Bipartisanship and transparency were right up there. Total fail on both counts.

Hmmm.....looks like you did rely on my memory.....hahahaha.....you went to the thread, didn't you? God, you people are just too easy.

As for bipartisianship, he spent the better part of a year in pursuit of that. But it's hard to dance when you don't have a partner. Transparancy, I'd give him a 'C'. But heck, even is his campaign promise was to simply keep breathing, you wingnuts would claim he failed at that.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The president's biggest mistake was thinking that the Republicans had any interest in bi-partisanship. AND for giving a shit about bi-partisanship in the first place.
The President's biggest mistake was in thinking he could claim bi-partisanship without practicing it. His second biggest mistake was that he could fool thinking people into believing that, and get ALL the media to share the same fallacy. To him bi-partisanship is breaking a few Rs off the caucus, with a bait and switch. This is the most partisan and least bipartisan president EVER.

The President's biggest mistake was in thinking he could claim bi-partisanship without practicing it. His second biggest mistake was that he could fool thinking people into believing that, and get ALL the media to share the same fallacy. To him bi-partisanship is breaking a few Rs off the caucus, with a bait and switch. This is the most partisan and least bipartisan president EVER.

I'm NO Huge Obama Fan.

And you could be correct: Frankly, I see NEITHER party doing much more than playing off the partisanship of their constituants.

When voters send the message that they don't CARE which party you belong to, rather, they care more about how you will reflect their will as a representative, then we won't have partisan politics.

But I cannot assess any Presidency based on a scant 14 months in office.

"People" forget.... as soon as its Football Season, and their bellies are full of pork rinds and Budweiser.

The Republicans suffered huge setbacks at the polls in two elections. That was their punishment. The Dums have suffered some minor but telling election setbacks. Maybe the GOP has learned its lesson. It certainly seems to, as not one Republican voted for the awful health care bill.

Well, with all these GOP'ers now running around claiming that the healthcare bill contains many of not just their likes, but their ideas, and with GOP'ers running around taking credit in their districts and states for stimulus money they received,

I'd say any claims that the Democrats'/Obama's major initiatives have not been bi-partisan are pure rubbish.

The Republicans suffered huge setbacks at the polls in two elections. That was their punishment. The Dums have suffered some minor but telling election setbacks. Maybe the GOP has learned its lesson. It certainly seems to, as not one Republican voted for the awful health care bill.

Again, I'm not certain that 14 months is ample time to determine

A. If the 48 months of the Obama Administration will only include windowdressings attempts to appease critics of the Administration's partisan politics.

B. That Repubs have "learned their lesson."

Frankly, I believe that Immigration Reform (SUBJECT OF ANOTHER FORUM/ THREAD) would be a great opportunity for both sides to win some credability. Obama could claim (WITH REPUBLICAN SUPPORT) to have given amnesty in exchange for much increased border security (Army patrols, with orders to shoot).

It's an interesting poll, and certainly shoring up independents support for 2010 elections is important, but Obama has, if nothing else, shown a propensity for mobilizing large swaths of people to vote (be it positive or negative) quickly. I think polls around august - september will be more telling of the situation once the lack of propaganda from both sides die down.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on where you stand) for the White House, the public regularly forgets legislation like this within months if they aren't reminded, so they have the option of downplaying it till election or really trying to ramp its merits up. Either way, I don't really like it, I think they should let the bill speak for itself after shoring up its unsound portions. As long as economic recovery continues and if they can begin to stem job losses, there won't be too much of a switch during the 2010 mid terms. It remains to be seen whether this is good or bad.
The Republican Party must do everthing possible to keep the issue alive, and that cannot be done by talking about polls. (not talking about you here Boedicca) The people speaking for the party, the most voluble leaders Mitch McConnell, Mike Pence, Boehner, Cantor, Lamar Alexander, the Doctors (there are more Rep Docs than Dem docs (have credibility); the Republican governors, because they have statewide recognition in their states.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Congrats... you made "The List".....for being dangerously stupid.

What this poll goes to show is just how gullible the public is. All it takes a few people throwing a bitch fit because they didn't get their way, and it's suddenly "controversial".

Forum List

Back