Majority Believe Dems Abused Power

Discussion in 'Politics' started by boedicca, Apr 1, 2010.

1. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,701
    Very interesting results in the new Gallup Poll. Gallup's sampling method generally overweights in favor of the Dems. Even with this bias, the recent poll shows that 53% view the Dems' tactics to pass ObamaCare as an Abuse of Power.

[​IMG]

Blame Spread Around for Post-Healthcare Vandalism, Threats

The Dems have lost Independents. Despite how much Obama exhorts and scolds the nation to "move along" and give health care a chance, he's lost support. As Obama said, that's what elections are for. He'll see in November.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rikules

rikules fighting thugs and cons

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +305
    yawn...

any poll that agrees with my perspective MUST BE right!

any poll that disagrees with my perspective must be wrong

3. boedicca

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,701
    As Gallup polls are often held up by Democrats as being Valid, it's interesting to see the turn of results.

Your ridicule is due to the fact that you don't like what it says. But go ahead, dismiss it.

That's what elections are for. :)

4. hyakku

hyakku Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    It's an interesting poll, and certainly shoring up independents support for 2010 elections is important, but Obama has, if nothing else, shown a propensity for mobilizing large swaths of people to vote (be it positive or negative) quickly. I think polls around august - september will be more telling of the situation once the lack of propaganda from both sides die down.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on where you stand) for the White House, the public regularly forgets legislation like this within months if they aren't reminded, so they have the option of downplaying it till election or really trying to ramp its merits up. Either way, I don't really like it, I think they should let the bill speak for itself after shoring up its unsound portions. As long as economic recovery continues and if they can begin to stem job losses, there won't be too much of a switch during the 2010 mid terms. It remains to be seen whether this is good or bad.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. boedicca

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,701
    The Dems are hoping people forget.

But they aren't understanding human nature very well. Obama fooled people once - and now many of them (especially Independents and moderate GOP members) feel burned. I doubt they are wiling to be fooled again.

6. hyakku

hyakku Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Well I mean...if you're going to base your argument in human nature, the old axiom is that history repeats itself. So according to your logic and the age old axiom, people should easily be "fooled" twice. I mean, let's look no further than our past two presidential elections :).

Fortunately, the American public is beginning to do their own independent research and becoming more well informed once again.

As I've said before, I don't care what size, or who the government is, as long as its efficient, which will only come from individuals doing their own research into the candidates and the issues. It's a shame it takes this much divisiveness to spawn learning.

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,096
    Gallup overweights in Democrats? Prove that.

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,096
    A couple other items from that Gallup poll:

"It should include a government-run insurance plan, also called a public option"

Yes 53% No 43%

"It does not go far enough in regulating the health care industry"

Agree 51% Disagree 41%

...so, when the Republicans do their fabulous repeal and replace bill, will they do it according to the polls? Now that polls are the be all end all of conservative thinking...

9. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Democrats are the biggest fantasists around. They have forgotten that Clinton and the Dems got their butts handed to them in 96 due in part to health care reform the country didnt want and in part to gun control issues. And there was much more time elapsed then. Now, the election is just months away and the rancor is still swirling around from health care. I predict we will see many tea party type events this summer that will drive elections in the fall. Add that to Team Obama's stellar performance in VA, NJ, and MA and it spells doom.

10. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Explain to me how subsidizing college tuition pertains to healthcare?