Magneto & Lord Sentinel (Apocalypse Comics)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Alright, I can't sign off with a heist story, because I feel a tad uncomfortable, so here's a fun comic book apocalypse story inspired by X-Men (Marvel Comics) stories. I was a big fan of X-Men: The Animated Series as a youngster.

====

A terrible alien villain named Lord Sentinel arrived on Earth and hid in the Grand Canyon where he erected a dark giant computer which he intended to use to scramble all government communications and create electromagnetic wave disturbances in the cyber-highway, threatening all levels of civilization securities. Lord Sentinel wanted to use this computer to creat confusion and chaos and rule over humanity like a dictator. His super-computer was an abomination and resembled a large underground mechanical insect.

magneto4.jpg

LORD SENTINEL: I've connected my evil mind to this super-computer to create perfect control of all subversive programs.

magneto2.jpg

Fortunately, humanity had a friend on its side, a strange mutant human with the telekinetic ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields and mold metals. This man, Eric, took the name 'Magneto' and discovered Lord Sentinel's evil designs in the Grand Canyon. You see, Magneto knew that Lord Sentinel threatened many levels of civilization cyber-labyrinths and would undo human confidence in machine control. Magneto decided to stake a helmeted stand on behalf of the great cities of the world we knew. Magneto was both handsome...and cool.

magneto3.jpg

LORD SENTINEL: You won't defy my vision of mecha-order, Magneto!
MAGNETO: You're an egomaniac...and a fool.
LORD SENTINEL: A fool, you say?
MAGNETO: Yes, sir, you're using algorithms to create panic.
LORD SENTINEL: So what, Magneto?
MAGNETO: Well, it seems a waste of cyber energy and space.
LORD SENTINEL: Evil is never a waste!
MAGNETO: Well, all this labor behind malice and mischief seems juvenile.
LORD SENTINEL: There's great energy behind darkness, Magneto.
MAGNETO: Yet, you yourself feel frustrated if your own computer short-circuits!
LORD SENTINEL: So what?
MAGNETO: That's my point, Lord Sentinel; you fail to see the hypocrisy of your own ego.
LORD SENTINEL: What?
MAGNETO: There're countless computing machines on Earth that help people shop, work, and live.
MAGNETO: Yet, you're fundamentally denying that this energy behind traffic is vital in its own way.
LORD SENTINEL: What, are you saying I'm an outright bull?
MAGNETO: I'm saying you're bending numbers and gears for your personal profit.
LORD SENTINEL: Life is all about profit, Magneto!
MAGNETO: You're belittling all the tiny machines that make supermarkets and subways run.
MAGNETO: You fail to see the little lights of all these computing machines, making you an insect.
LORD SENTINEL: An insect, you say?
MAGNETO: That's right, Lord Sentinel; your programs are ones of great planetary volatility.
LORD SENTINEL: I will control and harness and rule over this great volatility!
MAGNETO: What will all the children do who like to see movies on Netflix conveniently?
LORD SENTINEL: Are you suggesting I'm manipulating youthful imagination?
MAGNETO: Lord Sentinel, you're becoming a dark cog in the gears of planetary delight.
LORD SENTINEL: How can you count all these lights of Earth smiles, Magneto?
MAGNETO: I simply mark the points of light that govern over every mind's sense of liberty!
LORD SENTINEL: I must consider your words, for they indicate thoughts of great design.
MAGNETO: Thank you, Lord Sentinel; I encourage you to discover these lights of design!

aero10.jpg

Ironically, Lord Sentinel felt humbled by Magneto's suggestion that the points and gears of liberty lights that governed over the mechanical highways on Earth that saw great entertainment and dignified labor traffic created a giant mosaic of vitality. Lord Sentinel thought if he continued to use his scrambling mega-computer to destabilize civilization structures, he'd always be considered some sort of dark egomaniac. In the end, Magneto (Eric) was able to use his extraordinary sense of eletric and magnetic energy motions to persuade the dystopian Lord Sentinel to see his vision of a civilization that did not require any brand of deformed apocalypse. This was a great stand.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back