MAGA: Harley Davidson set to open plant in Thailand after closing Kansas City plant! GO Doosh!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Harley Davidson set to open plant in Thailand after closing Kansas City plant Union claims Harley-Davidson sending jobs to Thailand after closing plant in Kansas City

tenor.gif

Gotta Love it, Rightie' DOPers! Too much WINNING!

btw:
upload_2018-5-10_19-23-33.png

DOPers,... DOPers,...DOPers! Have you tweeted the Great Douche and told IT,
IT Failed AGAIN!:113:

Last edited:
"“The plant under construction in Thailand is a separate and unrelated issue. Part of our long-term strategy is to grow our international business to 50 percent of our annual volume by 2027. The Thailand facility will allow us to be competitive and provide riders greater access to our brand and our products in an expanding global marketplace,” the company said in a statement obtained by the Journal Sentinel."

So, they're increasing market overseas, for overseas sales, and it's Trumps fault?

1. And when they try to export to the US (where the MARKET is), with big tariffs greeting them at the docks + having to pay all those extra shipping costs, then what ? Just goes to show, if you have money, you can be in business, brains not required.

2. They're also opening a new plant in York, Pennsylvania. 400 new jobs there.

Note to Leftists:

The Donald has never suggested that American companies ought to be stupid about their decision making. What he is doing is trying to establish a favorable business climate here, and thus INDUCE American businesses to make SMART decisions that just happen to bolster our economy.

H-D's activities in Thailand appear smart to me. Their customer base in the U.S. is aging out of the market, so H-D has to adapt in order to survive.

• Banned
1. And when they try to export to the US (where the MARKET is), with big tariffs greeting them at the docks + having to pay all those extra shipping costs, then what ? Just goes to show, if you have money, you can be in business, brains not required.

Really? Still a net LOSS!

The move will mean 800 layoffs at the Kansas City facility, beginning midyear, and it will close by the third quarter of 2019.

The company said it will add up to 450 new positions at the York facility.
Harley-Davidson to close plant, consolidate production in York

And!
Harley Davidson to layoff 118 employees from York plant

Make Thailand Greater Again!

Note to Leftists:

The Donald has never suggested that American companies ought to be stupid about their decision making. What he is doing is trying to establish a favorable business climate here, and thus INDUCE American businesses to make SMART decisions that just happen to bolster our economy.

H-D's activities in Thailand appear smart to me. Their customer base in the U.S. is aging out of the market, so H-D has to adapt in order to survive.
But what information is there to support that ? I'm not saying it isn't necessarily true, but I could buy it better if there was was a link, or source behind it.

The move will mean 800 layoffs at the Kansas City facility, beginning midyear, and it will close by the third quarter of 2019.

And!

Oh boy. Get your calculators out, everybody. When we have to resort to that, it knocks a bit of a whole in the whole topic of the thread (if there actually is one)

Last edited:
Harley Davidson set to open plant in Thailand after closing Kansas City plant Union claims Harley-Davidson sending jobs to Thailand after closing plant in Kansas City

tenor.gif

Gotta Love it, Rightie' DOPers! Too much WINNING!

btw:
View attachment 192945

DOPers,... DOPers,...DOPers! Have you tweeted the Great Douche and told IT,
IT Failed AGAIN!:113:

If only Obama were president, they'd be expanding, right?

It's not perfect, but at least Trump is fighting for America. No president in the last 25 years has looked out for manufacturing, it's been wholesale outsourcing and movement. Be honest about it at least.

And!

A little clarification is in order here. According to the OP link >> "The manufacturer announced it would be creating 400 additional jobs by building a factory in York, Pa." That is from an article dated May 10, 2018.

So a brand new plant in York, PA, is going up, in the near future. 400 new jobs.

From your link (2017) there are 118 jobs MOVING from Pennsylvania (York County) to Kansa City, MO.

Another thing that didn't get mentioned is that the overwhelming majority of the HD "layoffs" occurred during the Obama administration, beginning in 2009. (going from 2,000 jobs to 800)

Sales of Harley's have dropped dramatically in the last several years as Baby Boomers get too old to ride.
Harley has to get away from building $25K 900lb bikes, and start making more smaller less expensive commuter bikes that the rest of the world wants.

Fewer Harleys, less obnoxious, unnecessary noise.
The workers should try to obtain funding to start their own enterprise. They could put their acquired mechanics skills to use, perhaps by competing with their old employer with a superior product, like electric motorcycles.

And!

Your hate for America is noted. Obama said manufacturing jobs were gone and was never coming back. I'm sure you praised that, but Trump said he would bring them back, and he is. I know you hate that idea, you know. Make America great again.

"“The plant under construction in Thailand is a separate and unrelated issue. Part of our long-term strategy is to grow our international business to 50 percent of our annual volume by 2027. The Thailand facility will allow us to be competitive and provide riders greater access to our brand and our products in an expanding global marketplace,” the company said in a statement obtained by the Journal Sentinel."

So, they're increasing market overseas, for overseas sales, and it's Trumps fault?
Let me say first for the most part I am not a Trump fan but you can not blame every little occurence on the president. I hold Harley Responsible. Further more lets give old Trump some time to work on the situation and see if he can do any thing about it. I wonder when the left and the right started to believe you can solve problems over night. Can we at least give our elected officials some time to deal with the issue before running them over the coals?

Let me say first for the most part I am not a Trump fan but you can not blame every little occurence on the president. I hold Harley Responsible. Further more lets give old Trump some time to work on the situation and see if he can do any thing about it. I wonder when the left and the right started to believe you can solve problems over night. Can we at least give our elected officials some time to deal with the issue before running them over the coals?

don't remember blaming Trump in that post.

I pointed out that HD was opening a plant overseas to handle overseas sales

Another sellout company.
Actually the younger generations don’t like riding motorcycles as much as previous generations... just a fact
They hardly get off the couch. If they would get up and try some thing other than left and right swipe they might gain some new interests. I am still trying to tell my self this cell phone dependance is just fad and will lessen. I am still waiting!

Forum List

Back